We Are Wichita, KS, Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- More Than $3 Billion Secured for Our Clients
- Thousands of Lives Changed
Wichita victims of medical malpractice who are seeking financial recovery for their injuries need to know they can rely on legal representation from a firm that is knowledgeable, experienced, and dedicated. Janet, Janet & Suggs’ (JJS) medical malpractice division understands that survivors of medical malpractice deserve a firm that delivers compassionate legal support and maintains clients’ dignity through this difficult process.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation.
What Should Medical Malpractice Victims Look for in a Wichita, KS, Medical Malpractice Attorney?
JJS’s medical malpractice lawyers have decades of malpractice legal experience in delivering historic justice for people who have been harmed in catastrophic medical injury cases. Whether injuries result from negligence, recklessness, or outright misconduct, these kinds of cases are not easy on the plaintiffs, and they are rarely resolved quickly. This is why victims need to feel confident that they will receive personal attention and long-term advocacy from the firm representing them.
For over 40 years, JJS has used its legal and medical knowledge to advocate for injured patients. This process begins with a thorough investigation of the circumstances of each case—in fact, in previous cases, JJS’s investigative process has led to the discovery of evidence that other attorneys missed. As is often needed in these tough cases, JJS enlists leading industry experts to review and examine clients’ injuries and build strong cases on their behalf.
- Investigating the evidence. JJS’s malpractice team has the medical knowledge and investigative resources needed to understand what the evidence of injury shows, as well as what additional evidence is needed to demonstrate the full extent of the injury. When JJS builds a malpractice case, we pursue the truth using our network of trusted allies. This means medical malpractice victims have the opportunity to seek damages for their injuries along with answers about what happened to them.
- Calculating the damages. Experienced medical malpractice attorneys like those at JJS have a deep understanding of the full implications of the medical and financial needs of those who have been injured by medical error. In building a case that seeks to recover the full extent of damages stemming from negligence, JJS uses a variety of invaluable resources, including in-house medical experts.
Medical malpractice law firms must also have the financial resources to last the fight when it comes to the pursuit of fair compensation for damages. Major malpractice cases for complex and catastrophic injury can take years. Inexperienced and underfunded malpractice firms often encourage settlements that are unfairly low early on because their team is not financially equipped to take these cases to trial on a contingency basis. JJS, on the other hand, has the resources to go all the way.
How Can Janet, Janet & Suggs Help Victims of Medical Malpractice?
JJS helps victims of serious injuries resulting from medical malpractice in Wichita, KS, by persisting in the pursuit of damages for serious injuries, which are often extensive and difficult for an inexperienced legal team to calculate completely.
- Medical expenses. Medical bills that exceed six figures are not unusual in cases of catastrophic medical injuries. These financial burdens extend far beyond the scope of what most injured victims and their families can reasonably manage, yet those who have been injured by malpractice find themselves responsible for extensive medical treatment costs. Hospital stays, surgeries, emergency room visits, medication, medical devices, rehabilitative care, and much more can overwhelm a family's finances and are often impossible to recover from. Additionally, major malpractice injuries can result in a lifetime of medical care needs, including adaptive equipment, ongoing treatments, and caregiver assistance.
- Lost wages and earning capacity. Many victims of medical malpractice will never be able to earn a living. In the case of those who are injured as adults, they may not be able to return to work. When future work is possible, it often is in a limited capacity, especially in cases of brain injury. This very real financial loss is why malpractice suits can seek to recover compensation for both actual lost wages and even future wages that will be almost certainly lost as a result of an individual’s reduced or eliminated wage-earning capacity.
- Non-economic damages. Filing a lawsuit when someone has been harmed by medical malpractice can also provide a way for injured people to recover damages for their non-economic losses. This includes their pain and suffering and reduced quality of life, along with their emotional distress. JJS’s team has the experience to prove the immense value of these non-economic damages before a jury.
Meet the Janet, Janet & Suggs’ Medical Malpractice Team
Howard Janet has uncovered medical mistakes that other lawyers have missed and represented clients throughout much of the country, recovering record-breaking results. He has authored multiple books, including Navigating a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit, Representing Plaintiffs in Medical Malpractice Cases as lead author and Patients’ Rights and Doctors’ Wrongs—Secrets to a Safer Pregnancy and Childbirth, which he co-authored with Dr. Giles Manley.
Ken Suggs served as president of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (now known as the American Association of Justice), the leading national plaintiff’s bar association, and has been a relentless advocate for his clients for over 40 years.
Dr. Giles Manley is a board-certified physician who practiced medicine for 20 years before becoming a medical malpractice attorney. He has won a number of seven-figure verdicts on behalf of his clients, combining his medical knowledge and legal experience to secure monumental victories for his clients.
Gerald Jowers represents patients who have been harmed by medical malpractice, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices, recovering extraordinary results for clients and their families at the settlement table and in the courtroom.
What Results Has Janet, Janet & Suggs Achieved for Its Clients?
The medical malpractice team at JJS has been fighting for the rights of those who have been harmed by negligent medical treatment by uncovering medication, hospital, and doctor errors, leading class-action lawsuits against dangerous drugs and unsafe products and other defective medical devices, and fighting for fair compensation in other types of injury cases. JJS is nationally recognized for its success in recovering record-breaking verdicts and settlements in medical malpractice cases all across the country.
- $33.5 Million for Delayed C-Section: In Tennessee, a jury awarded this record-breaking verdict after determining doctors’ negligent actions in delaying a medically necessary Cesarean section resulted in the baby developing severe brain damage as well as cerebral palsy.
- $24.25 Million for Failure to Diagnose: Another record-breaking medical malpractice verdict was awarded by a District of Columbia jury after doctors neglected to diagnose and respond to a child’s airway obstruction, causing her to suffer preventable brain damage and cerebral palsy.
- $18 Million for Medication Error: This settlement against a pharmacy was for a medical error resulting in the incorrect medication being dispensed to a pregnant mother. Their negligence resulted in her child developing a neural tube defect, which caused paraplegia and other severe injuries.
- $13 Million for Poor Postoperative Care: A US government-employed medical provider’s negligence resulted in this settlement for a patient who received poor postoperative care, causing cerebral palsy and brain damage.
JJS’s medical malpractice lawyers investigate what happened to those who have been injured in order to uncover which—and how many—parties should be held responsible. Then we determine the extent of damages to include in the lawsuit based on the total impact of the injury in various areas that affect an individual’s life, including:
- Past, current, and future medical costs
- Costs of additional care
- Adaptive housing and transportation
- Supplemental care
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages after your injury
- Loss of quality of life
- Lost wage-earning capacity
Local Resources for Victims of Medical Malpractice in Wichita, KS
Being seriously injured by medical malpractice often means needing more than basic support and care. This may include local and state community assistance, especially while awaiting the resolution of a malpractice case.
- Sedgwick County Developmental Disability Organization: This organization can connect victims of medical malpractice to resources, independent living options, and employment opportunities available to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities in Sedgwick County.
- Kansas Board of Healing Arts: This agency oversees the licensing and professional accountability for a number of health professionals, including midwives, medical doctors, and physician assistants.
- KSSC: This private organization may be one avenue for parents of children with disabilities caused by medical malpractice to connect to caregiver networks.
Locations We Serve
JJS is proud to offer representation for families across the country, including Wichita and elsewhere in Kansas, and Maryland, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, and Washington, DC, as well as on a case-by-case basis in courtrooms and at settlement tables across other states.
When people have been severely harmed by their healthcare providers or other trusted entities, they deserve to have legal representation that offers them a chance to get answers and justice. At JJS, we apply the same principle to others who have suffered injuries in a variety of circumstances, including:
- Defective pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Military medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence
- Organ damage
- Sexual abuse
- Surgical errors
- Wrongful death
Why Choose Janet, Janet & Suggs for Wichita, KS, Malpractice Cases?
JJS works diligently to get our clients the answers and fair compensation they need to have the best quality of life possible after being seriously harmed by medical negligence. However, our history of record-breaking verdicts and settlements is just one sign of our continued successes in getting clients this justice.
We have also been recognized by a variety of leading organizations including Best Lawyers®, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, AV Preeminent ratings by Martindale-Hubbell, and as one of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Law Firms. Many of our attorneys are also listed as Super Lawyers® These recognitions from leading organizations reflect our continued commitment to working toward securing our clients’ futures when they have been harmed by medical malpractice. Contact the medical malpractice team at Janet, Janet & Suggs today for a free, no-obligation consultation.