We Are Camden, NJ, Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- More Than $3 Billion Secured for Our Clients
- Thousands of Lives Changed
Being the victim of catastrophic medical malpractice is a life-changing tragedy. The medical malpractice legal team at Janet, Janet & Suggs (JJS) understands that devastation—and that victims deserve legal representation from an experienced, compassionate firm to help them seek recovery. JJS has decades of delivering successful, historic justice for victims of negligent healthcare, opening the way to healing and a secure future.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation.
What Should People Look for in a Camden, NJ, Medical Malpractice Attorney?
Malpractice cases for severe injuries are not easy for victims, which is why JJS does not wait until the settlement table or the trial to utilize the fullest extent of our knowledge, experience, and resources to serve our clients’ best interests. Counting on JJS to work on victims’ behalf means having legal representation that knows what it takes to build a strong case, leaving clients free to focus on their own wellbeing.
- What the evidence says: JJS thoroughly investigates the facts and events around injuries. We have the medical knowledge and the resources to pursue the truth at the heart of the injury as found in patients’ medical records, witness interviews, and laboratory results.
- What the treatment costs: Medical malpractice attorneys must be able to fully grasp the scope of patients’ current and future financial needs when it comes to medical care and treatments. This means not only anticipating what medical care will be needed, but what it will cost. In preparing a case that seeks to recover the appropriate amount in compensation, we use all possible resources, including our in-house medical experts, to calculate the maximum recovery amount.
Medical malpractice litigation for severe injuries is expensive and time-consuming. A law firm representing those who have been harmed must have not only the tenacity but the financial resources to do so. Inexperienced, underfunded firms often push clients to take unfairly low settlements early in the process when they are unprepared to take on such a case.
How Can Janet, Janet & Suggs Help Victims of Medical Malpractice?
The medical malpractice attorneys at JJS will start by examining the evidence and working with victims to assess the full extent of the injuries and their damages.
- Medical expenses. Victims may already owe tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills as a result of their injuries, but they should not be responsible for medical bills that have accrued as a result of malpractice.
- Loss of wages or earning capacity. When medical error impacts a victims’ ability to earn a living, they can seek compensation for those lost wages. If they are unable to return to their profession, or perhaps any job, compensation for future lost wages may be available, too.
- Non-economic losses. New Jersey law grants victims of malpractice the right to seek unlimited compensation for non-economic damages. Experienced malpractice attorneys know how to maximize the amount of compensation that is fair for victims’ pain, suffering, inconvenience, physical impairment, mental anguish, emotional pain and suffering, loss of chance, loss of consortium, or any other noneconomic damages.
Meet the Janet, Janet & Suggs’ Medical Malpractice Team
Howard Janet has uncovered medical mistakes that other lawyers have missed and represented clients throughout much of the country, recovering record-breaking results. He has authored multiple books, including Navigating a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit, Representing Plaintiffs in Medical Malpractice Cases as lead author and Patients’ Rights and Doctors’ Wrongs—Secrets to a Safer Pregnancy and Childbirth, which he co-authored with Dr. Giles Manley.
Ken Suggs served as president of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (now known as the American Association for Justice), the leading national plaintiff’s bar association, and has been a relentless advocate for his clients for over 40 years.
Dr. Giles Manley is a board-certified physician who practiced medicine for 20 years before becoming a medical malpractice attorney. He has won a number of seven-figure verdicts on behalf of his clients, combining his medical knowledge and legal experience to secure monumental victories for his clients.
Gerald Jowers represents patients who have been harmed by medical malpractice, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices, recovering extraordinary results for clients and their families at the settlement table and in the courtroom.
What Results Has Janet, Janet & Suggs Achieved for Our Clients?
The nationally recognized trial lawyers of JJS have recovered millions for victims of negligent medical providers in record-breaking lawsuits, all across the country.
- $33.5 Million for Delayed C-Section: After determining a doctors’ decision to delay a medically necessary Cesarean section resulted in the baby developing severe brain damage as well as cerebral palsy, a Tennessee jury awarded this record-breaking verdict.
- $24.25 Million for Failure to Diagnose: In a Washington, D.C., courtroom, another record-breaking jury verdict was awarded for a child who suffered brain damage and cerebral palsy because her doctors failed to diagnose and respond to her airway obstruction.
- $18 Million for Medication Error: A pharmacy negligently dispensed incorrect medication to a pregnant mother, which resulted in her child’s development of a neural tube defect, causing paraplegia and other severe injuries.
- $13 Million for Poor Postoperative Care: After a US government-employed healthcare provider provided poor postoperative care that resulted in brain damage and cerebral palsy, JJS helped the plaintiff obtain this settlement.
Local Resources for Victims of Medical Malpractice in Camden, NJ
The harms inflicted on victims of medical malpractice are not just financial. Severe injuries that result from negligence often require ongoing care and community assistance, especially while you await the resolution of your case.
- New Jersey Department of Health: If you have a complaint about a New Jersey healthcare facility or medical provider, you can file a complaint with the Department of Health.
- New Jersey Health Care Profile: Patients may use this resource of the state’s Division of Consumer Affairs to learn more about medical providers and contact the State Medical Board of Examiners to file a complaint.
- Camden County Senior and Disabled Services: Many victims of medical malpractice may find themselves facing lifelong disabilities. The city of Camden provides information and access to support, including meal delivery, transportation, and housing assistance.
Locations We Serve
Janet, Janet & Suggs is proud to offer representation to families in Camden and elsewhere in New Jersey, as well as in New York, Maryland, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, and Washington, D.C. We also represent clients on a case-by-case basis in courtrooms across other states.
At JJS, we apply the same level of compassionate, dedicated care that governs our medical malpractice work to advocate for those who have suffered injury in a variety of practice areas.
- Defective pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Military medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence
- Organ damage
- Sexual abuse
- Surgical errors
- Wrongful death
Why Choose Janet, Janet & Suggs for Camden, NJ, Medical Malpractice Cases?
JJS’s commitment to seeking justice, security, and healing for families affected by catastrophic medical malpractice is evident through our decades of experience. Our work has resulted in historic justice for those harmed in malpractice cases, but our long history of record-breaking verdicts and settlements is just one indication of our continued successes in getting justice for those who have been injured.
JJS has also been recognized by a variety of leading organizations, including Best Lawyers®, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, AV Preeminent ratings by Martindale-Hubbell, and as one of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Law Firms. Many of our attorneys are also listed as Super Lawyers® These recognitions from leading organizations reflect our continued commitment to working toward securing our clients’ futures when they have been harmed by medical malpractice. Contact the medical malpractice team at Janet, Janet & Suggs today for a free, no-obligation consultation.
100 Horizon Center Blvd.
Hamilton, NJ 08691