We Are Wichita, KS, Birth Injury Attorneys
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- More Than $3 Billion Won for Our Clients
- Thousands of Lives Changed
The medical malpractice division of Janet, Janet & Suggs (JJS) offers birth injury victims in Wichita, KS, compassionate, dedicated legal support. We are committed to seeking justice and fair compensation for our clients while maintaining their dignity throughout the process. When victims of medical errors, such as those who have been harmed by birth injury, partner with JJS, they will be working with experienced legal professionals who know how to navigate the complex process of medical malpractice recovery.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation!
What Should People Look for in a Wichita, KS, Birth Injury Attorney?
JJS’s birth injury lawyers have decades of experience, delivering historic justice for people who have been harmed by catastrophic medical error for over 40 years. Our advocacy for victims begins with our digging deeply into the circumstances of each case we accept. We enlist a variety of resources, including our in-house medical experts and team of professional investigators.
- Investigating the evidence. Our network of professional investigators and medical experts will dig into medical records, laboratory evidence, and witness statements to demonstrate evidence of catastrophic injury. Then they will dig even deeper to uncover the full truth behind our clients’ injuries.
- Calculating the damages. Our team will then use this evidence to assess the full implications of the injury, far beyond just the medical and financial needs of those who have been injured.
Birth injury firms must also have the financial resources to last the fight when it comes to the pursuit of fair compensation for damages. Inexperienced and underfunded malpractice firms often encourage settlements that are unfairly low early on in the process. If a firm is not financially equipped to take on these major cases, then clients may lose their opportunity to achieve maximum financial recovery.
How Can Janet, Janet & Suggs Help Victims of Birth Injury?
JJS helps victims of serious birth injuries in Wichita, KS, through their relentless pursuit of the maximum financial recovery possible, working for a secure financial future for our clients.
- Medical expenses. People who have been injured by malpractice often find themselves responsible for the costs of inpatient treatment, surgeries, emergency room visits, medication, medical devices, rehabilitative care, and more. By filing suit against negligent practitioners, JJS can help clients recover financial compensation for past, current, and even future expenses.
- Lost wage-earning capacity. Unfortunately, most victims of severe birth injuries will not be able to live independently. If they are able to work at all later in life, it often will be in a limited capacity, especially in cases of brain injury. Medical malpractice lawsuits can recover compensation for lost future wages of both injured children and parents.
- Non-economic damages. These damages can include an injured person’s pain and suffering, reduced quality of life, and emotional distress. JJS’s medical malpractice division works to prove the immense value of these kinds of non-economic damages, whether in front of a jury or at the settlement table.
Meet the Leaders of Janet, Janet & Suggs’ Birth Injury Division
Howard Janet has uncovered medical mistakes that other lawyers have missed and represented clients throughout much of the country, recovering record-breaking results. He has authored multiple books, including Navigating a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit, Representing Plaintiffs in Medical Malpractice Cases (lead author), and Patients’ Rights and Doctors’ Wrongs—Secrets to a Safer Pregnancy and Childbirth, which he co-authored with JJS’s Dr. Giles Manley.
Ken Suggs served as president of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (now known as the American Association of Justice), the leading national plaintiff’s bar association, and has been a relentless advocate for his clients for over 40 years.
Dr. Giles Manley is a board-certified OBGYN who practiced medicine for 20 years before becoming a medical malpractice attorney. He has won a number of seven-figure verdicts on behalf of his clients, combining his medical knowledge and legal experience to secure monumental victories for his clients.
Gerald Jowers represents patients who have been harmed by medical malpractice, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices, recovering extraordinary results for clients and their families at the settlement table and in the courtroom.
What Results Has Janet, Janet & Suggs Achieved for Our Clients?
For over four decades, the attorneys of JJS have been fighting for the rights of victims of medical error. We have recovered millions of dollars in successful settlements and trial verdicts on behalf of those who have been harmed by their healthcare providers.
- $33.5 Million for Delayed C-Section: In Tennessee, a jury awarded this record-breaking verdict after determining doctors’ negligent actions in delaying a medically necessary Cesarean section resulted in the baby developing severe brain damage as well as cerebral palsy.
- $24.25 Million for Failure to Diagnose: Another record-breaking medical malpractice verdict was awarded by a Washington, D.C., jury after doctors neglected to diagnose and respond to a child’s airway obstruction, causing her to suffer preventable brain damage and cerebral palsy.
- $18 Million for Medication Error: This settlement against a pharmacy was for a medical error resulting in the incorrect medication being dispensed to a pregnant mother. Their negligence resulted in her child developing a neural tube defect, which caused paraplegia and other severe injuries.
- $13 Million for Poor Postoperative Care: A US government-employed medical provider’s negligence resulted in this settlement for a patient who received poor postoperative care, causing cerebral palsy and brain damage.
Local Resources for Victims of Birth Injury
Catastrophic birth injuries mean that victims will need more than just basic support and medical care. This extensive care may lead families to reach out for local and state community assistance, especially while awaiting the resolution of their malpractice case.
- Kansas Board of Healing Arts: This agency oversees the licensing and professional accountability for a number of health professionals, including midwives, medical doctors, and physician assistants.
- KSSC: This private organization may be one avenue for parents of children with disabilities caused by medical malpractice to connect to caregiver networks.
- Cerebral Palsy Family Network: The Cerebral Palsy Family Network is a caring, compassionate, online community of families that provides resources and support to help care for loved ones with cerebral palsy
Locations We Serve
JJS is proud to offer representation for families across the country, including Wichita and elsewhere in Kansas, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, and Washington, D.C. JJS also practices on a case-by-case basis in courtrooms across other states.
At JJS, we apply the same drive and determination on behalf of others who have suffered injuries in a variety of practice areas.
- Defective pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Military medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence
- Organ damage
- Sexual abuse
- Surgical errors
- Wrongful death
Why Choose Janet, Janet & Suggs for Wichita, KS, Birth Injury Cases?
JJS aggressively litigates against negligent providers and institutions, putting our decades of experience and extensive resources to work for victims of medical malpractice. We work hard to get our clients answers and fair compensation. However, our history of record-breaking verdicts and settlements is just one indication of our continued successes in getting our clients justice.
We have also been recognized by a variety of leading organizations including Best Lawyers®, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, AV Preeminent Ratings by Martindale-Hubbell, and as one of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Law Firms. Many of our attorneys are also listed as Super Lawyers®. These recognitions from leading organizations reflect our continued commitment to working toward securing our clients’ futures when they have been harmed by medical malpractice. Contact the birth injury team at Janet Janet & Suggs today for a free, no-obligation consultation.