We Are Oklahoma City, OK, Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- More Than $3 Billion Secured for Our Clients
- Thousands of Lives Changed
Victims of medical malpractice in Oklahoma City need a law firm they can count on. Medical malpractice legal teams need to be experienced, resourceful, and tough where it counts—litigating for the maximum financial recovery possible. Janet, Janet & Suggs’ (JJS) medical malpractice division knows that victims of medical malpractice deserve a firm that can be tough on defendants but will deliver compassionate, dedicated legal support to victims of medical errors. When they partner with JJS, those who have been harmed by medical errors will work with experienced professionals who know how to navigate the complex process of medical malpractice recovery while maintaining clients’ dignity through a difficult process.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation!
What Should Medical Malpractice Victims Look for in an Oklahoma City, OK, Medical Malpractice Attorney?
JJS offers victims of medical malpractice decades of experience in delivering historic justice for people who have been harmed in catastrophic medical injury cases. Whether the malpractice is a result of negligence, recklessness, or outright misconduct on the part of the providers, these cases are not easy on the plaintiffs, and they are rarely resolved quickly. This is why victims need to feel confident that they will receive personal attention and long-term support from their legal team.
For over 40 years, JJS has used its legal and medical knowledge to advocate for injured clients, beginning with a thorough investigation of the circumstances of each case. Our network of trusted allies is crucial in the discovery phase, and JJS enlists leading industry experts to review and examine clients’ injuries and build strong cases on their behalf.
- Investigating the evidence. JJS’ malpractice team uses our medical knowledge and investigative resources to process what the evidence shows, as well as what additional evidence is needed to demonstrate the full extent of the injury. This means medical malpractice victims have the opportunity to seek to recover damages for their injuries along with answers about what happened to them. In previous cases, JJS’ investigations led to discovering evidence and issues other attorneys missed, resulting in even stronger cases and greater damages.
- Calculating the damages. Experienced medical malpractice teams like JJS have a deep understanding of the full implications of the medical and financial needs of those who have been injured by medical negligence. While building a case, JJS uses a variety of invaluable resources, such as our in-house medical experts.
However crucial experience and knowledge are, those alone are not enough to successfully resolve the toughest cases in clients' favor. When it comes to the pursuit of fair compensation for damages, law firms need to have the resources to last the duration of the fight, no matter how long it takes. Because major malpractice cases can take years to resolve, inexperienced or underfunded malpractice firms often encourage settlements that are unfairly low early on because their team is not equipped to take these cases to trial on a contingency basis.
How Can Janet, Janet & Suggs Help Victims of Medical Malpractice?
JJS helps victims of serious injuries resulting from medical malpractice in Oklahoma City, OK, by persisting in our pursuit of damages for clients’ often debilitating injuries. These injuries can be extensive and difficult for an inexperienced legal team to calculate completely without skillful medical attention and an awareness of the value the law places on certain areas.
- Medical expenses. Most serious malpractice injuries will result in a lifetime of medical care needs, including adaptive equipment, ongoing treatments, and caregiver assistance—in addition to bills for inpatient care, surgeries, medication, and rehabilitative care that have likely already been piling up. Many victims of malpractice seek to recover financial compensation for their past, ongoing, and even future expenses that they would never have been responsible for if not for being injured.
- Lost wages and earning capacity. Many victims of catastrophic malpractice cases, such as delayed C-section birth injuries, will never earn a living. Even if injured persons are working adults at the time of injury, they may not be able to return to work. If they are able, it often is in a limited capacity, especially in cases of brain injury. Medical malpractice suits can seek to recover financial compensation for an individual’s actual lost wages and even compensate victims for future wages that will be almost certainly lost as a result of their reduced or eliminated earning capacity.
- Non-economic damages. Filing a lawsuit when someone has been harmed by medical malpractice can also provide a way for injured people to recover damages for what are considered non-economic losses. This includes their pain and suffering, reduced quality of life, and emotional distress.
Meet the Janet, Janet & Suggs’ Medical Malpractice Team
Howard Janet has uncovered medical mistakes that other lawyers have missed and represented clients throughout much of the country, recovering record-breaking results. He has authored multiple books, including Navigating a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit, Representing Plaintiffs in Medical Malpractice Cases as lead author and Patients’ Rights and Doctors’ Wrongs—Secrets to a Safer Pregnancy and Childbirth, which he co-authored with Dr. Giles Manley.
Ken Suggs served as president of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (now known as the American Association of Justice), the leading national plaintiff’s bar association, and has been a relentless advocate for his clients for over 40 years.
Dr. Giles Manley is a board-certified physician who practiced medicine for 20 years before becoming a medical malpractice attorney. He has won a number of seven-figure verdicts on behalf of his clients, combining his medical knowledge and legal experience to secure monumental victories for his clients.
Gerald Jowers represents patients who have been harmed by medical malpractice, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices, recovering extraordinary results for clients and their families at the settlement table and in the courtroom.
What Results Has Janet, Janet & Suggs Achieved for Our Clients?
By uncovering medication, hospital and doctor errors, leading class-action lawsuits against dangerous drugs and unsafe products and defective medical devices, and fighting for fair compensation in other types of injury cases, the attorneys of JJS have been fighting for the rights of injured people for decades. This is how we have been able to be nationally recognized for our record-breaking recoveries for medical malpractice clients all across the country. JJS has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of victims in successful settlements and trial verdicts.
- $33.5 Million for Delayed C-Section: In Tennessee, a jury awarded this record-breaking verdict after determining doctors’ negligent actions in delaying a medically necessary Cesarean section resulted in the baby developing severe brain damage as well as cerebral palsy.
- $24.25 Million for Failure to Diagnose: Another record-breaking medical malpractice verdict was awarded by a District of Columbia jury after doctors neglected to diagnose and respond to a child’s airway obstruction, causing her to suffer preventable brain damage and cerebral palsy.
- $18 Million for Medication Error: This settlement against a pharmacy was for a medical error resulting in the incorrect medication being dispensed to a pregnant mother. Their negligence resulted in her child developing a neural tube defect, which caused paraplegia and other severe injuries.
- $13 Million for Poor Postoperative Care: A US government-employed medical provider’s negligence resulted in this settlement for a patient who received poor postoperative care, causing cerebral palsy and brain damage.
Local Resources for Victims of Medical Malpractice in Oklahoma City, OK
Being seriously injured by medical malpractice often means needing more than basic support and care. This may include local and state community assistance, especially while awaiting the resolution of a malpractice case.
- Oklahoma Board of Medical Licensure: This website provides guidance for filing a professional licensing complaint against an Oklahoma City, OK, health professional.
- Oklahoma Nursing Home Complaints: In the event the medical error occurred or was worsened in a nursing care facility, Oklahomans can file a complaint through the Department of Rehabilitation Services.
- Oklahoma Disability Determination: This portal provides access to qualifying for city, county, and state resources for persons living with various disabilities.
Locations We Serve
JJS is proud to offer representation for families across the country, including Oklahoma City and elsewhere in Oklahoma, Maryland, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia, and Washington, D.C. JJS also practices on a case-by-case basis in courtrooms across other states.
JJS applies the same principles with which we represent our medical malpractice clients to representing others who have suffered injuries in a variety of circumstances, including:
- Defective medical products
- Defective products
- Military medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence
- Organ damage
- Sexual abuse
- Surgical errors
- Wrongful death
Why Choose Janet, Janet & Suggs for Oklahoma City, OK, Medical Malpractice Cases?
We can partner with victims of medical malpractice to aggressively litigate against negligent providers and institutions. We work to get our clients the answers and fair compensation they need to enjoy the best quality of life possible after being seriously harmed by medical providers. However, our history of record-breaking verdicts and settlements is only one sign of our continued successes in getting clients justice.
We have also been recognized by a variety of leading organizations including Best Lawyers®, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, AV Preeminent ratings by Martindale-Hubbell, and as one of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Law Firms. Many of our attorneys are also listed as Super Lawyers® These recognitions from leading organizations reflect our continued commitment to working toward securing our clients’ futures when they have been harmed by medical malpractice. Contact the medical malpractice team at Janet, Janet & Suggs today for a free, no-obligation consultation.