We Are Louisville, KY, Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- More Than $3 Billion Secured for Our Clients
- Thousands of Lives Changed
Louisville victims of medical malpractice want to be certain they can get legal representation from a team of malpractice lawyers who are experienced, resourceful, and dedicated. They need a team that is equipped to litigate for the maximum financial recovery in their case, and has a track record of doing so. Janet, Janet & Suggs’ (JJS) medical malpractice division knows that victims of medical malpractice deserve a firm that is tough on defendants but delivers compassionate, dedicated legal support, with a focus on maintaining clients’ dignity through this difficult process. When victims partner with JJS, they work with experienced professionals who know how to navigate the complex process of medical malpractice recovery.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation!
What Should People Look for in a Louisville, KY, Medical Malpractice Attorney?
Whether a case of medical malpractice results from negligence, recklessness, or outright misconduct on the part of practitioners, these cases are not easy on victims, and they are rarely resolved quickly. JJS offers decades of experience in delivering historic justice for those who have been harmed in catastrophic medical malpractice cases. Healthcare providers and their lawyers often try to wear down victims during the legal process, using this as a strategy to avoid responsibility and big payouts. Victims need to feel confident that they will receive personal attention and long-term support from their legal team in the face of these kinds of difficult circumstances.
For over 40 years, JJS’s medical malpractice division has used its legal and medical knowledge to advocate for its clients. This process begins with a thorough investigation of the circumstances of each injury. In some previous cases we have successfully resolved, JJS’s investigative process has led to discovering evidence other attorneys have missed.
As is needed in these tough cases, JJS enlists leading industry experts to review and examine clients’ injuries and the evidence that proves it, building strong cases on their behalf.
- The investigation process. JJS’s malpractice team has the medical knowledge and investigative resources needed not only to understand what the existing evidence of injury shows but to understand what additional evidence is needed to demonstrate the full extent of the injury and its causes. When JJS builds a malpractice case, we pursue the truth using our network of trusted allies, including our own in-house medical experts.
- The recovery amount. Experienced medical malpractice attorneys like those at JJS have a profound understanding of the full implications of the medical and financial needs of medical errors. When building a case that seeks to recover the full extent of damages stemming from the negligence, JJS leaves no stone unturned or consequence unaccounted for.
However important all that is, victims still need more than just a law firm that can withstand the medical and legal challenges. Medical malpractice law firms must also have the financial resources to last the duration of the victims’ fight for justice and fair compensation for damages, no matter how long it takes. Major malpractice cases for complex and catastrophic injuries can take years to resolve. Often, inexperienced and underfunded malpractice firms encourage their clients to accept settlement offers that are unfairly low early on in the case because their team is not financially equipped to take major cases to trial on a contingency basis.
How Can Janet, Janet & Suggs Help Victims of Medical Malpractice?
JJS helps victims of serious injuries resulting from medical malpractice in Louisville, KY, by persisting in the pursuit of damages for their serious injuries. These injuries are often extensive and difficult for an inexperienced legal team to identify, let alone calculate, completely.
- Medical expenses. The extensive medical bills that stem from medical error are often far beyond the scope of what injured victims and their families can reasonably manage. Those who have been injured by malpractice often find themselves responsible for costs of inpatient treatment, surgeries, emergency room visits, medication, medical devices, rehabilitative care, and much more. Additionally, most serious malpractice injuries can result in a lifetime of medical care needs, including adaptive equipment, ongoing treatments, and full-time caregivers.
- Lost wages and earning capacity. Many victims of catastrophic malpractice cases, such as delayed C-section birth injuries, will never be able to earn a living. When the injured person is a wage-earning adult at the time of injury, they may not be able to return to work. If they are, it often is in a limited capacity, such as in cases of brain injury. Thankfully, medical malpractice suits can seek to recover compensation for an individual’s actual lost wages and compensate victims for future wages that will be almost certainly lost.
- Non-economic damages. Filing a lawsuit when someone has been harmed by medical malpractice can also provide a way for injured people to recover damages for what are considered non-economic losses. This includes their pain and suffering, reduced quality of life, and emotional distress, among others. JJS’s team has the experience to calculate—and then prove—the immense value of these damages before a jury.
Meet the Janet, Janet & Suggs’ Medical Malpractice Team
Howard Janet has uncovered medical mistakes that other lawyers have missed and represented clients throughout much of the country, recovering record-breaking results. He has authored multiple books, including Navigating a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit, Representing Plaintiffs in Medical Malpractice Cases as lead author and Patients’ Rights and Doctors’ Wrongs—Secrets to a Safer Pregnancy and Childbirth, which he co-authored with Dr. Giles Manley.
Ken Suggs served as president of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (now known as the American Association of Justice), the leading national plaintiff’s bar association, and has been a relentless advocate for his clients for over 40 years.
Dr. Giles Manley is a board-certified physician who practiced medicine for 20 years before becoming a medical malpractice attorney. He has won a number of seven-figure verdicts on behalf of his clients, combining his medical knowledge and legal experience to secure monumental victories for his clients.
Gerald Jowers represents patients who have been harmed by medical malpractice, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices, recovering extraordinary results for clients and their families at the settlement table and in the courtroom.
What Results Has Janet, Janet & Suggs Achieved for Its Clients?
The attorneys of JJS have been successfully advocating for the rights of medical malpractice victims for decades. They uncover medication, hospital and doctor errors, lead class-action lawsuits against dangerous drugs and unsafe products and defective medical devices, and fight for fair compensation in other types of injury cases. Nationally recognized JJS has received widespread attention for its record-breaking recoveries for medical malpractice clients all across the country. To date, JSS has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of victims in both successful settlements and trial verdicts.
- $33.5 Million for Delayed C-Section: In Tennessee, a jury awarded this record-breaking verdict after determining doctors’ negligent actions in delaying a medically necessary Cesarean section resulted in the baby developing severe brain damage as well as cerebral palsy.
- $24.25 Million for Failure to Diagnose: Another record-breaking medical malpractice verdict was awarded by a District of Columbia jury after doctors neglected to diagnose and respond to a child’s airway obstruction, causing her to suffer preventable brain damage and cerebral palsy.
- $18 Million for Medication Error: This settlement against a pharmacy was for a medical error resulting in the incorrect medication being dispensed to a pregnant mother. Their negligence resulted in her child developing a neural tube defect, which caused paraplegia and other severe injuries.
- $13 Million for Poor Postoperative Care: A US government-employed medical provider’s negligence resulted in this settlement for a patient who received poor postoperative care, causing cerebral palsy and brain damage.
When working toward a recovery settlement or verdict, JJS’s medical malpractice division works to determine which—and how many—parties may be found liable for the harm that was done. We then determine the full extent of damages to include in the lawsuit based on the total impact of the injury on clients in various areas, including:
- Past, current, and future medical costs
- Costs of additional care
- Adaptive housing and transportation
- Supplemental care
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages after your injury
- Loss of quality of life
- Lost wage-earning capacity
Local Resources for Victims of Medical Malpractice in Louisville, KY
So often, being seriously injured by medical malpractice often means people need more than basic support and care. This support may include local and state community assistance, which can be especially helpful while awaiting the resolution of a malpractice case.
- Board of Medical Licensure: This website provides guidance for filing a professional licensing complaint against a Louisville, KY., health professional or facility.
- The Arc of Kentucky: This organization provides support, guidance, and access to resources for individuals with disabilities, including cerebral palsy stemming from medical malpractice.
- Louisville Office for Aging & Disabled Citizens Resources: This portal provides access to city, county, and state resources for persons living with various disabilities.
Locations We Serve
JJS is proud to offer representation for families across the country, including Louisville and elsewhere in Kentucky, Maryland, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia, and Washington, D.C.. JJS also practices on a case-by-case basis in courtrooms across other states.
When people have been harmed by those they have entrusted their lives or care to, they deserve to have an opportunity to seek justice. At JJS, we apply our principle of providing compassionate representation to others who have suffered injuries in a variety of circumstances, including:
- Birth injuries
- Brain injuries
- Cancer misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis
- Cerebral palsy
- Defective pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Military medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence
- Organ damage
- Sexual abuse
- Surgical errors
- Wrongful death
Why Choose Janet, Janet & Suggs for Louisville, KY, Malpractice Cases?
JJS’s decades of experience, team of knowledgeable lawyers and medical experts, and access to substantial resources allows us to aggressively litigate against negligent providers and institutions. We work to get our clients answers and fair compensation, which is so often what they will need to have the best quality of life possible after being seriously harmed by their medical providers. However, our history of record-breaking verdicts and settlements is only one sign of our continued successes in getting clients this justice.
We have also been recognized by a variety of leading organizations including Best Lawyers®, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, AV Preeminent ratings by Martindale-Hubbell, and as one of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Law Firms. Many of our attorneys are also listed as Super Lawyers® These recognitions from leading organizations reflect our continued commitment to working toward securing our clients’ futures when they have been harmed by medical malpractice. Contact the medical malpractice team at Janet, Janet & Suggs today for a free, no-obligation consultation.