Experienced Sexual Abuse Attorneys
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- More Than $3 Billion Won for Our Clients
- Thousands of Lives Changed
Join the Fight for Justice
Were You Sexually Abused or Assaulted?
Don’t Let Your Abuser or Their Protectors Get Away with It.
The sexual abuse lawyers at Janet, Janet & Suggs (JJS) have spent decades representing survivors of sexual abuse and assault in complex cases against churches, organizations and large corporations who often shelter abusers while ignoring victims. We pride ourselves on compassionately and tenaciously working for our clients to produce unprecedented recoveries.
But we never lose sight of the fact that these cases are not just about the money, they are equally about holding predators and the institutions that enabled them accountable and helping to bring about the peace of mind survivors deserve.
Meet Our Sexual Abuse Division Leaders
The team includes, among others:
- Richard M. Serbin, who the media has described as a “crusader” for survivors of sexual abuse
- Andrew S. Janet, who has represented hundreds of sexual abuse survivors, including women who were sexually exploited by an OBGYN at USC’s university health center
- Patrick Thronson, who has represented survivors of clergy sexual abuse and human trafficking, as well as hundreds of women who were sexually abused by an “OBGYN” who obtained a medical license under false pretenses
- Matthew White, who advocates for victims that suffered through sexual abuse as children at the hands of religious organizations and in other institutional settings
- Howard A. Janet, a compassionate advocate for sexual abuse survivors who has won record-breaking recoveries in a wide range of high-profile cases
- Adina Katz, who has represented children in a wide range of abuse and neglect cases
- Rita M. Gribko, has over 25 years of litigation experience in civil, family, and criminal practice—most significantly representing survivors of childhood sexual abuse
Why Choose JJS for Your Sexual Abuse Case?
As a national law firm with a 40+ year track record, we have the financial wherewithal to advance substantial case costs on your behalf, putting you in the best possible position to recover the compensation you deserve. And you'll never have to pay attorneys' fees or case costs unless your case is won.
We are adept at deposing high-level institutional and corporate defendants. Our legal acumen has enabled us to successfully argue cases before appellate courts, resulting in favorable precedent for not only our clients, but also other sexual abuse survivors.
The JJS team has been nationally-recognized for delivering real justice on behalf of sexual abuse victims. We are not afraid to take on the tough cases or go head-to-head with the nation’s largest and most powerful organizations. Our clients can depend on JJS to seek the full measure of justice they deserve. Contact our experienced and compassionate sexual abuse team today.
Significant Recoveries in High-Profile Sexual Abuse Cases
Sexual abuse is life-altering, causing severe emotional and psychological trauma. Sexual abuse can result in costly medical bills, mental health conditions, and the inability to work. JJS has secured justice and compensation for our clients that includes:
- $842.4 million in a sexual abuse case against the University of Southern California. Individual claims resolved for an average award of $1.2 million per client. This is the largest settlement in a sexual abuse case in U.S. history and the largest award against a university. This was a settlement achieved by the efforts of multiple firms. JJS represented the second largest group of clients, 139 out of 702.
- $243.6 million in a sexual abuse case against University of California, Los Angeles. This was a settlement that resulted from the efforts of multiple firms. JJS represented dozens of the 203 plaintiffs.
- $190 million in a sexual abuse class action case against Johns Hopkins Hospital where JJS served as co-lead counsel. For his efforts in this litigation, Howard Janet was named Lawyer of the Year by the Maryland Association for Justice.
- Confidential 7-figure settlement on behalf of “Victim 6” against Penn State University for conduct of former coach Jerry Sandusky.
All told, we have represented thousands of survivors of sexual abuse in high-profile and under-the-radar cases, recovering over $1 billion on their behalf. Our cases arise from abuse in a wide range of settings, including educational, sports, religious, foster care, and employment, among others.
Time is of the Essence
If you were sexually abused by a clergy member or employee of a Catholic school or institution, it is imperative that you act without delay. These opportunities won’t stay open for long—state laws, federal bankruptcy laws, and established funds impose strict deadlines that abuse survivors must adhere to.
JJS would welcome the opportunity to help you bring a timely and persuasive claim, either in court or through an established compensation or bankruptcy fund. Our goal is to help you achieve a full measure of justice and the peace of mind that goes along with it.
Don't Suffer in Silence
Our team has guided thousands of survivors through each step of the legal process.
The harm caused by sexual abuse can be devastating, and life-long. If you or a loved one is a survivor of sexual assault, abuse, or violence, and we believe we can help, our experienced and caring sexual abuse attorneys will be there for you. We will work diligently to deliver to you or your loved one a full measure of justice.
All communications with clients are confidential to the extent permissible by law, and privileged. If we were to file a lawsuit on your behalf, we could identify you only as Jane Doe or John Doe.
"At JJS, we are relentless advocates for victims of sexual abuse and sexual assault. We leave no stone unturned to ensure a full measure of justice is served and that those responsible for these heinous acts are held accountable."
– Howard A. Janet, Managing Principal