We Are Providence, RI, Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- More Than $3 Billion Secured for Our Clients
- Thousands of Lives Changed
Providence, RI, victims of medical malpractice need a law firm that is experienced, resourceful, and tough. They also need a team able to litigate for maximum financial recovery. Janet, Janet & Suggs’ (JJS) medical malpractice division knows that survivors of medical malpractice deserve a firm that is tough on defendants but delivers compassionate, dedicated legal support to clients. When victims of medical malpractice partner with JJS, they work with experienced professionals who will navigate the complex process of medical malpractice recovery while maintaining clients’ dignity.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation.
What Should People Who Have Been Injured Look for in a Providence, RI, Medical Malpractice Attorney?
JJS offers our clients decades of malpractice legal experience in delivering historic justice for those who have been harmed in catastrophic medical injury cases. Whether the malpractice is a result of negligence, recklessness, or outright misconduct, these cases are not easy on the plaintiffs, and they are rarely resolved quickly. Victims need to feel confident that they will receive personal attention and long-term support from their team when it comes to building a case.
- Investigate the evidence. JJS’s malpractice team understands what the documented evidence of injury means in proving malpractice, as well as what additional evidence needs to be gathered and documented. When JJS builds a malpractice case, we use our network of trusted allies to bring to light the full truth of medical errors, even if the patients’ existing records do not.
- Calculate the damages. Experienced medical malpractice attorneys like those at JJS have a deep understanding of the full implications of victims’ injuries, including their medical and financial needs. In building a case that seeks to recover the full extent of damages stemming from the negligence, JJS uses a variety of invaluable resources, such as our in-house medical experts.
JJS has used our legal and medical knowledge to advocate for our injured clients for over 40 years. Starting from the beginning of each case, JJS performs a thorough investigation of the circumstances of each injury—in fact, our investigations are so thorough that we often uncover evidence attorneys from other firms have missed.
However, medical malpractice law firms also must have the financial resources to last the fight when it comes to the pursuit of fair compensation for damages, no matter how long it takes. These major malpractice cases can take years, so inexperienced and underfunded malpractice firms often encourage clients to settle early for damages that are unfairly low. When a firm is not financially equipped to take these cases to trial on a contingency basis, clients may not see fair compensation.
How Can Janet, Janet & Suggs Help Victims of Medical Malpractice?
JJS helps Providence victims of serious medical malpractice by persisting in the pursuit of fair compensation. The damages in these cases are extensive and difficult to calculate for less experienced legal teams.
- Medical expenses. Malpractice victims will almost certainly find themselves responsible for medical bills stemming from inpatient treatment, surgeries, emergency room visits, medication, medical devices, rehabilitative care, and other medical care. These quickly multiplying bills result in a financial burden that is overwhelming and often impossible to recover from. In addition to the immediate care needs after medical injury, most serious malpractice injuries result in a lifetime of care needs, including medical treatment, adaptive equipment, and caregiver assistance.
- Lost wages and earning capacity. Many victims of catastrophic malpractice cases will never be able to earn a living or support themselves independently. Even if the injured person is an adult at the time of injury, they may not be able to return to the same job they once had. If they are able to return to work at all, it often is in a limited capacity, especially in cases of brain injury. Victims can seek to recover compensation for their actual lost wages and even for future wages that will be almost certainly lost as a result of their reduced or eliminated earning capacity.
- Non-economic damages. Non-economic damages may not have receipts to show their cost, but JJS’s team has the experience to calculate and then prove their immense value before a jury or at the settlement table. Non-economic damages include victims’ pain and suffering, reduced quality of life, and emotional distress.
Meet the Leaders of Janet, Janet & Suggs’ Medical Malpractice Division
Howard Janet has uncovered medical mistakes that other lawyers have missed and represented clients throughout much of the country, recovering record-breaking results. He has authored multiple books, including Navigating a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit, Representing Plaintiffs in Medical Malpractice Cases as lead author and Patients’ Rights and Doctors’ Wrongs—Secrets to a Safer Pregnancy and Childbirth, which he co-authored with Dr. Giles Manley.
Ken Suggs served as president of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (now known as the American Association of Justice), the leading national plaintiff’s bar association, and has been a relentless advocate for his clients for over 40 years.
Dr. Giles Manley is a board-certified physician who practiced medicine for 20 years before becoming a medical malpractice attorney. He has won a number of seven-figure verdicts on behalf of his clients, combining his medical knowledge and legal experience to secure monumental victories for his clients.
Gerald Jowers represents patients who have been harmed by medical malpractice, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices, recovering extraordinary results for clients and their families at the settlement table and in the courtroom.
What Results Has Janet, Janet & Suggs Achieved for Our Clients?
The attorneys of JJS have been advocating for those who have been harmed by malpractice taking on big cases with widespread impact. This means uncovering medication, hospital, and doctor errors, leading class-action lawsuits against dangerous drugs, unsafe products and defective medical devices, as well as fighting for fair compensation in other types of negligence cases. JJS has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of victims in successful settlements and trial verdicts, resulting in our being nationally recognized for our record-breaking recoveries for medical malpractice clients all across the country.
- $33.5 Million for Delayed C-Section: In Tennessee, a jury awarded this record-breaking verdict after determining doctors’ negligent actions in delaying a medically necessary Cesarean section resulted in the baby developing severe brain damage as well as cerebral palsy.
- $24.25 Million for Failure to Diagnose: Another record-breaking medical malpractice verdict was awarded by a District of Columbia jury after doctors neglected to diagnose and respond to a child’s airway obstruction, causing her to suffer preventable brain damage and cerebral palsy.
- $18 Million for Medication Error: This settlement against a pharmacy was for a medical error resulting in the incorrect medication being dispensed to a pregnant mother. Their negligence resulted in her child developing a neural tube defect, which caused paraplegia and other severe injuries.
- $13 Million for Poor Postoperative Care: A US government-employed medical provider’s negligence resulted in this settlement for a patient who received poor postoperative care, causing cerebral palsy and brain damage.
However, this history of record-breaking verdicts and settlements is only one sign of our continued successes in getting clients justice.
We have also been recognized by a variety of leading organizations, including Best Lawyers®, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, AV Preeminent ratings by Martindale-Hubbell, and as one of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Law Firms. Many of our attorneys are also listed as Super Lawyers®. These recognitions from leading organizations reflect our continued commitment to working toward securing our clients’ futures when they have been harmed by medical malpractice.
Local Resources for Victims of Medical Malpractice in Providence, RI
Being seriously injured by medical malpractice often means needing more than basic support and care. This can include local and state community assistance, especially while victims are awaiting the resolution of a malpractice case.
- Rhode Island Department of Health: This website provides guidance for filing a professional licensing complaint against a Providence, RI, health professional or facility.
- Brain Injury Association of Rhode Island: This state program serves to facilitate person-centered support and empowerment for individuals living with acquired brain injury.
- Rhode Island Disability Resources: This organization's mission is to help improve access to information on brain injury and to enhance the effectiveness of agencies and service providers who work with survivors.
Locations We Serve
JJS is proud to offer representation for families across the country, including Providence and elsewhere in Rhode Island, Maryland, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia, and Washington, D.C. JJS also practices on a case-by-case basis in courtrooms across other states.
At JJS, we apply the same principle of our medical malpractice division—compassionate, dedicated legal representation—to those who have suffered injuries in a select number of practice areas including:
- Defective medical products
- Defective products
- Military medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence
- Organ damage
- Sexual abuse
- Surgical errors
- Wrongful death
Why Choose Janet, Janet & Suggs for Providence, RI, Medical Malpractice Cases?
With JJS’s experience, knowledge, and resources, we are prepared to aggressively litigate against negligent providers and institutions. There is no institution too big to evade justice. We work to get our clients the answers and fair compensation they will need to have the best quality of life possible after being seriously harmed by their medical providers. Contact the medical malpractice team at Janet, Janet & Suggs today for a free, no-obligation consultation.