We Are Washington, D.C., Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- More Than $3 Billion Secured for Our Clients
- Thousands of Lives Changed
When medical error results in serious injuries, District of Columbia malpractice victims need a law firm that is experienced, resourceful, and tough—a team of lawyers who are able to litigate for maximum financial recovery. The medical malpractice division of Janet, Janet & Suggs (JJS) understands that survivors of medical malpractice in Washington, D.C. should have legal support delivered with dignity and respect by professionals who understand the complex journey of seeking justice after injury.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation.
What Should Medical Malpractice Victims Look for in a Washington, D.C., Medical Malpractice Attorney?
JJS offers the injured victims of medical negligence our decades of experience delivering historic justice for those who have suffered as a result of medical providers’ negligence, reckless, or outright gross misconduct. Serious malpractice cases are not easy on plaintiffs, in large part because they are rarely resolved quickly. Defendants often try to avoid paying out compensation or admitting fault in medical malpractice cases as an attempt to wear down or discourage victims. High-stakes malpractice lawsuits are often quite tough to weather without a clear path forward and a dedicated legal team, which is why victims need to be confident that they will receive long-term support from their law firm. Being represented by JJS means that those who have been harmed by medical providers will see personal attention provided to their case by a team committed to working toward justice for their injuries.
Going up against big defendants means advocating relentlessly for clients. JJS uses our extensive legal and medical knowledge, fine-tuned through decades of experience, to conduct a thorough investigation of each case, often discovering additional errors other attorneys have missed. In pursuing the truth of each injury, JJS enlists leading industry experts to help investigate clients’ injuries and build strong cases on their behalf.
- Uncovering the evidence. There is no case without the evidence to prove it, and JJS has the medical knowledge and investigative team needed to uncover the truth behind the medical errors. When we are building a malpractice case, we pursue all relevant evidence that proves the extent of the victims’ injury and the negligence that caused it. With our network of trusted experts in medical negligence cases, malpractice victims have a chance to seek not only financial recovery for their injuries, but also to find answers to lingering questions about what happened to them.
- Calculating the damages. In order to craft a strong case, medical malpractice attorneys must have a deep understanding of the extent of the medical and financial needs of survivors. In establishing the full scope of the damages stemming from the injury, JJS enlists a variety of valuable resources, including our in-house medical experts.
In addition to having knowledge and experience, medical malpractice law firms must have the financial resources to pursue fair compensation for damages, no matter how long it takes. Inexperienced, underfunded firms often encourage clients to agree to unfair settlements in the early stages of the lawsuit because they are not financially equipped to take these cases to trial.
How Can Janet, Janet & Suggs Help Victims of Medical Malpractice?
JJS helps survivors of serious medical malpractice in Washington, D.C. by working to recover damages for the injuries that have been inflicted as a result of medical error. When it comes to significant injury cases, these damages can be extensive.
Meet the Janet, Janet & Suggs’ Medical Malpractice Team
Howard Janet has uncovered medical mistakes that other lawyers have missed and represented clients throughout much of the country, recovering record-breaking results. He has authored multiple books, including Navigating a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit, Representing Plaintiffs in Medical Malpractice Cases as lead author and Patients’ Rights and Doctors’ Wrongs—Secrets to a Safer Pregnancy and Childbirth, which he co-authored with Dr. Giles Manley.
Ken Suggs served as president of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (now known as the American Association for Justice), the leading national plaintiff’s bar association, and has been a relentless advocate for his clients for over 40 years.
Dr. Giles Manley is a board-certified physician who practiced medicine for 20 years before becoming a medical malpractice attorney. He has won a number of seven-figure verdicts on behalf of his clients, combining his medical knowledge and legal experience to secure monumental victories for his clients.
Gerald Jowers represents patients who have been harmed by medical malpractice, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices, recovering extraordinary results for clients and their families at the settlement table and in the courtroom.
What Results Has Janet, Janet & Suggs Achieved for Its Clients?
Nationally recognized for record-breaking lawsuits, JSS has recovered millions on behalf of victims of medical malpractice in successful settlements and trial verdicts. The lawyers of JJS’s medical malpractice division have achieved this justice for injured plaintiffs’ all across the country.
- $33.5 Million for Delayed C-Section: In Tennessee, a jury awarded this record-breaking verdict after determining doctors’ negligent actions in delaying a medically necessary Cesarean section resulted in the baby developing severe brain damage as well as cerebral palsy.
- $24.25 Million for Failure to Diagnose: Another record-breaking medical malpractice verdict was awarded by a Washington, D.C., jury after doctors neglected to diagnose and respond to a child’s airway obstruction, causing her to suffer preventable brain damage and cerebral palsy.
- $18.1 Million for Medication Error: This settlement against a pharmacy was for a medical error resulting in the incorrect medication being dispensed to a pregnant mother. Their negligence resulted in her child developing a neural tube defect, which caused paraplegia and other severe injuries.
- $13 Million for Poor Postoperative Care: A US government-employed medical provider’s negligence resulted in this settlement for a patient who received poor postoperative care, causing cerebral palsy and brain damage.Each case requires careful, diligent investigation. Through this process, JJS’ team determines which—and how many—parties may be found legally responsible for the harm inflicted upon our clients, and we determine the extent of damages to include in the lawsuit.
Each case requires careful, diligent investigation. Through this process, JJS’ team determines which—and how many—parties may be found legally responsible for the harm inflicted upon our clients, and we determine the extent of damages to include in the lawsuit.
- Past and future medical costs
- Costs of additional care
- Adaptive housing and transportation
- Supplemental care
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages after your injury
- Loss of quality of life
- Lost wage-earning capacity
Local Resources for Victims of Medical Malpractice in Washington, D.C.
Being seriously injured by medical malpractice often means needing more than basic support and care. This may include local and state community assistance, especially while awaiting the resolution of a malpractice case.
- D.C. Health: This website lays out the directions for filing a complaint against a Washington, D.C. health professional or facility.
- Services for People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities: D.C. services for people with IDD, such as those with severe brain injuries, are accessible through the city’s Department of Disability Services.
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services: For those who are able to work in a limited capacity, Washington, D.C.’s vocational services can support victims of medical malpractice rejoin into the workforce.
Locations We Serve
Janet, Janet & Suggs is proud to offer representation for families across the country, including Washington, D.C., Maryland, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and Virginia. JJS also practices on a case-by-case basis in courtrooms across other states.
JJS provides legal representation to those who have been harmed by a medical provider or other trusted entity in a variety of practice areas.
- Birth injuries
- Brain injuries
- Cancer misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis
- Cerebral palsy
- Defective medical products
- Defective products
- Military medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence
- Organ damage
- Sexual abuse
- Surgical errors
- Wrongful death
Why Choose Janet, Janet & Suggs for Washington, D.C., Medical Malpractice Cases?
JJS’s experience, knowledge, and resources allow for aggressive litigation against negligent providers and institutions. We work to get clients the answers and fair compensation they deserve after being harmed by medical negligence. However, our history of record-breaking verdicts and settlements is only one sign of our continued success.
Additionally, JJS has been recognized by a variety of leading organizations including Best Lawyers®, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, AV Preeminent ratings by Martindale-Hubbell, and as one of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Law Firms. Many of our attorneys are also listed as Super Lawyers® These recognitions from leading organizations reflect our continued commitment to working toward securing our clients’ futures when they have been harmed by medical malpractice. Contact the medical malpractice team at Janet, Janet & Suggs today for a free, no-obligation consultation.
1725 I Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20006