We Are Seattle, WA, Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- More Than $3 Billion Secured for Our Clients
- Thousands of Lives Changed
Seattle victims of medical malpractice need a law firm that is experienced, resourceful, and tough where it counts—a team able to litigate for maximum financial recovery. Janet, Janet & Suggs’ (JJS) medical malpractice division knows that survivors of medical malpractice deserve a firm that is tough on defendants but delivers compassionate, dedicated legal support, maintaining clients’ dignity through a difficult process. When they partner with JJS, those who have been harmed by medical error will work with experienced professionals who know how to navigate the complex process of medical malpractice recovery.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation.
What Should Medical Malpractice Victims Look for in a Seattle, WA, Medical Malpractice Attorney?
JJS offers decades of malpractice legal experience in delivering historic justice for people who have been harmed in catastrophic medical injury cases. Whether the malpractice is a result of negligence, recklessness, or outright misconduct, these cases are not easy on the plaintiffs, and they are rarely resolved quickly. Major malpractice cases for complex and catastrophic injury can take years. Inexperienced and underfunded malpractice firms often encourage settlements that are unfairly low early on because their team is not financially equipped to take these cases to trial on a contingency basis.
For over 40 years, JJS has used its legal and medical knowledge to advocate for injured clients. As is needed in these tough cases, JJS enlists leading industry experts to review and examine clients’ injuries and build strong cases on their behalf.
- Investigating the evidence. JJS’s malpractice team includes a team of professional investigators and medical experts who have knowledge, experience, and resources needed to build a strong case that demonstrates the full extent of the injuries. If new, objective medical assessments and lab work are needed to strengthen the case and show the full extent of injury, then JJS has the resources to ensure those who have been harmed have access to what they need.
- Calculating the damages. Experienced medical malpractice attorneys like those at JJS have a deep understanding of the full implications of the medical and financial needs of those who have been injured by catastrophic medical error. Not only do they rely on their team of medical experts and investigators, they have a keen understanding of the complexities of medical malpractice and are able to use that knowledge in their advocacy for the victims.
How Can Janet, Janet & Suggs Help Victims of Medical Malpractice?
JJS helps victims of serious injuries resulting from medical malpractice in Seattle, WA, by persisting in the pursuit of damages for serious injuries, which are often extensive and difficult for an inexperienced legal team to calculate accurately and fully.
- Medical expenses. The extensive medical bills that are the consequence of medical errors are often far beyond the scope of what injured victims and their families can reasonably handle. Most serious malpractice injuries will result in a lifetime of medical care needs, including adaptive equipment, ongoing treatments, and caregiver assistance. Those who have been injured by malpractice will find themselves with an overwhelming financial burden.
- Lost wages and earning capacity. Many victims of catastrophic malpractice cases, such as delayed C-section birth injuries, will never be able to earn a living. Even if the injured person is an adult at the time of injury, they may not be able to return to work, or if they are it often is in a limited capacity, especially in cases of brain injury.
- Non-economic damages. Filing a lawsuit when someone has been harmed by medical malpractice can also provide a way for injured people to recover damages for their non-economic losses. This includes their pain and suffering, reduced quality of life, and emotional distress, among other damages.
Meet the Janet, Janet & Suggs’ Medical Malpractice Team
Howard Janet has uncovered medical mistakes that other lawyers have missed and represented clients throughout much of the country, recovering record-breaking results. He has authored multiple books, including Navigating a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit, Representing Plaintiffs in Medical Malpractice Cases as lead author and Patients’ Rights and Doctors’ Wrongs—Secrets to a Safer Pregnancy and Childbirth, which he co-authored with Dr. Giles Manley.
Ken Suggs served as president of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (now known as the American Association for Justice), the leading national plaintiff’s bar association, and has been a relentless advocate for his clients for over 40 years.
Dr. Giles Manley is a board-certified physician who practiced medicine for 20 years before becoming a medical malpractice attorney. He has won a number of seven-figure verdicts on behalf of his clients, combining his medical knowledge and legal experience to secure monumental victories for his clients.
Gerald Jowers represents patients who have been harmed by medical malpractice, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices, recovering extraordinary results for clients and their families at the settlement table and in the courtroom.
What Results Has Janet, Janet & Suggs Achieved for Our Clients?
Over the last four decades, JJS has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of victims in successful settlements and trial verdicts.
- $24.25 Million for Failure to Diagnose: Another record-breaking medical malpractice verdict was awarded by a Washington D.C. jury after doctors neglected to diagnose and respond to a child’s airway obstruction, causing her to suffer preventable brain damage and cerebral palsy.
- $33.5 Million for Delayed C-Section: In Tennessee, a jury awarded this record-breaking verdict after determining doctors’ negligent actions in delaying a medically necessary Cesarean section resulted in the baby developing severe brain damage as well as cerebral palsy.
- $18 Million for Medication Error: This settlement against a pharmacy was for a medical error resulting in the incorrect medication being dispensed to a pregnant mother. Their negligence resulted in her child developing a neural tube defect, which caused paraplegia and other severe injuries.
- $13 Million for Poor Postoperative Care: A US government-employed medical provider’s negligence resulted in this settlement for a patient who received poor postoperative care, causing cerebral palsy and brain damage.
Local Resources for Victims of Medical Malpractice in Seattle, WA
Those who have been seriously injured by malpractice may find it necessary to seek help from local and state community assistance, especially while awaiting the resolution of a malpractice case.
- Washington Department of Health: This website provides guidance for filing a professional licensing complaint against a Seattle, WA, health professional or facility.
- Acquired Brain Injury Services: This state program serves to facilitate person-centered support and empowerment for individuals living with acquired brain injury.
- Seattle Disability Resources: This portal provides access to city, county, and state resources for persons living with various disabilities.
Locations We Serve
Janet, Janet & Suggs is proud to offer representation for families across the country, including in Seattle and elsewhere in Washington, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, and Washington, D.C. JJS also practices on a case-by-case basis in courtrooms across other states.
JJS also provides legal representation for those who have been harmed in a variety of practice areas.
- Defective pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Military medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence
- Organ damage
- Sexual abuse
- Surgical errors
- Wrongful death
Why Choose Janet, Janet & Suggs for Seattle, WA, Malpractice Cases?
With JJS’s decades of experience, team of knowledgeable lawyers and medical experts, and access to substantial resources, we can aggressively litigate against negligent providers and institutions. We work to get our clients the answers and fair compensation they will need to have the best quality of life possible after being seriously harmed by their medical providers. However, this history of record-breaking verdicts and settlements is only one sign of our continued successes in getting clients justice.
We have also been recognized by a variety of leading organizations including Best Lawyers®, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, AV Preeminent ratings by Martindale-Hubbell, and as one of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Law Firms. Many of our attorneys are also listed as Super Lawyers® These recognitions from leading organizations reflect our continued commitment to working toward securing our clients’ futures when they have been harmed by medical malpractice. Contact the medical malpractice team at Janet, Janet & Suggs today for a free, no-obligation consultation.