We Are Jersey City, NJ, Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- More Than $3 Billion Secured for Our Clients
- Thousands of Lives Changed
New Jersey medical malpractice victims need a law firm that can work to maximize their financial recovery under the law while providing them support and advocacy along the way. Janet, Janet & Suggs’ (JJS) medical malpractice team understands the consequences of being injured by medical providers’ negligence and has the experience to investigate and litigate the most severe cases.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation!
What Should People Look for in a Jersey City, NJ, Medical Malpractice Attorney?
Medical malpractice cases involving severe injury are not easy, and they are not quickly resolved. When selecting a medical malpractice law firm to represent victims in these cases, clients will need to consider the level of experience and support they will get from their attorneys.
- Investigating the evidence: To provide the strongest representation for victims of catastrophic medical malpractice, we thoroughly investigate the facts of victims’ injuries, and our attorneys have the legal and medical knowledge to truly understand the evidence of negligence we discover through patients’ medical records, witness interviews, and laboratory results.
- Calculating the costs: Lawyers who represent victims injured by negligent medical practitioners must also understand the scope of patients’ current and future financial needs when it comes to their medical care. Our team includes a network of trusted medical experts with the knowledge and experience to support this understanding of the scope of injuries and the level of care they require.
JJS also has the resources to stay the course when it comes to complex malpractice cases while inexperienced, underfunded firms may push clients to take unfairly low settlements early in the legal process.
How Can Janet, Janet & Suggs Help Victims of Medical Malpractice in Jersey City?
JJS works to help clients recover financial compensation for the damages that have been inflicted upon them by the very people who were supposed to have been caring for them.
- Medical expenses. Medical malpractice victims should not have to be financially responsible for their past, current, or future medical bills resulting from their medical professionals’ negligence. Whether those bills include emergency room visits, inpatient treatment, surgeries, or even a lifetime of medical care, malpractice claims can seek financial recovery for the costs they have already been responsible for—and the bills to come.
- Loss of wages or earning capacity. The severe injuries caused by medical providers’ negligent actions impact victims' ability to do their jobs, generally forever. When injury impacts victims’ ability to earn a living to support themselves and their families, they can seek financial compensation for lost wages and even future earnings.
- Non-economic losses. New Jersey medical malpractice laws allow victims of medical errors to seek an unlimited amount of compensation for their non-economic damages, in addition to the actual costs of the injury. These kinds of non-economic damages often include compensation for pain and suffering and diminished quality of life. Experienced malpractice attorneys will be able to best calculate the amount of compensation to seek for these non-economic damages.
Meet the Janet, Janet & Suggs’ Medical Malpractice Team
Howard Janet has uncovered medical mistakes that other lawyers have missed and represented clients throughout much of the country, recovering record-breaking results. He has authored multiple books, including Navigating a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit, Representing Plaintiffs in Medical Malpractice Cases as lead author and Patients’ Rights and Doctors’ Wrongs—Secrets to a Safer Pregnancy and Childbirth, which he co-authored with Dr. Giles Manley.
Ken Suggs served as president of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (now known as the American Association of Justice), the leading national plaintiff’s bar association, and has been a relentless advocate for his clients for over 40 years.
Dr. Giles Manley is a board-certified physician who practiced medicine for 20 years before becoming a medical malpractice attorney. He has won a number of seven-figure verdicts on behalf of his clients, combining his medical knowledge and legal experience to secure monumental victories for his clients.
Gerald Jowers represents patients who have been harmed by medical malpractice, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices, recovering extraordinary results for clients and their families at the settlement table and in the courtroom.
What Results Has Janet, Janet & Suggs Achieved for Our Clients?
JJS’s medical malpractice division has successfully recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for victims of medical malpractice in a number of record-breaking lawsuits across the country.
- $33.5 Million for Delayed C-Section. In Tennessee, a jury awarded this record-breaking malpractice verdict after determining that doctors’ delay in performing a medically necessary Cesarean section caused the baby to develop severe brain damage as well as cerebral palsy.
- $24.25 Million for Failure to Diagnose. Another record-breaking medical malpractice verdict was awarded by a Washington, D.C., jury for a child who suffered tragically preventable brain damage and cerebral palsy after her doctors failed to diagnose and respond to her airway obstruction.
- $18 Million for Medication Error. This settlement against a pharmacy was for a medical error that resulted in the incorrect medication being dispensed to a pregnant mother. The pharmacy’s negligence caused the mother’s child to develop a neural tube defect, which resulted in paraplegia and other severe injuries.
- $13 Million for Poor Postoperative Care. This settlement against a US government-employed medical provider was negotiated for a patient who received poor postoperative care, which caused cerebral palsy and brain damage.
During the preparation of a medical malpractice case, JJS’s attorneys will investigate the facts surrounding victims’ injuries to determine which parties are responsible and which damages to include in the lawsuit.
Local Resources for Victims of Medical Malpractice in Jersey City, NJ
Victims of malpractice already know medical negligence can result in severe and debilitating physical disabilities, but they also know the harms inflicted on them are not always limited to physical injuries. Victims of a medical error often require ongoing supportive care and community assistance, especially while awaiting the resolution of their malpractice case.
- New Jersey State Board of Medical Examiners: When you have a complaint about the care you received from a medical provider, submit a complaint to the board, which is part of the NJ Division of Consumer Affairs.
- Division of Health Facility Survey and Field Operations: Patients and their loved ones may file their complaints about medical facilities, such as surgical centers, nursing homes, and hospitals with this division of the New Jersey Department of Health.
- City of Jersey City Recreation Programs: Many victims of medical malpractice experience feelings of isolation or a diminished quality of life, especially if they are unable to participate in the activities they once loved. Victims can find a variety of programs for people of all abilities through the city’s recreation center website.
Locations We Serve
Janet, Janet & Suggs is proud to offer representation for families across the country, including Jersey City and elsewhere in New Jersey, Maryland, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, New York, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, and Washington, D.C. We represent clients in these states as well as on a case-by-case basis in courtrooms across other states in several practice areas.
At JJS, we apply the same level of compassionate, dedicated care that governs our medical malpractice work to advocate for those who have suffered injury in a variety of practice areas.
- Defective pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Military medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence
- Organ damage
- Sexual abuse
- Surgical errors
- Wrongful death
Why Choose Janet, Janet & Suggs for Your Jersey City, NJ, Malpractice Case?
JJS’s work has resulted in historic justice for those harmed in malpractice cases, but our long history of record-breaking verdicts and settlements is just one indication of our continued successes in getting justice for those who have been injured.
We have also been recognized by a variety of leading organizations including Best Lawyers®, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, AV Preeminent ratings by Martindale-Hubbell, and as one of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Law Firms. Many of our attorneys are also listed as Super Lawyers® These recognitions from leading organizations reflect our continued commitment to working toward securing our clients’ futures when they have been harmed by medical malpractice. Contact the medical malpractice team at Janet, Janet & Suggs today for a free, no-obligation consultation.
100 Horizon Center Blvd.
Hamilton, NJ 08691