We Are Naperville Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- More Than $3 Billion Won for Our Clients
- Thousands of Lives Changed
Medical care can fall short of the providers’ obligations to care for a patient and result in major, catastrophic injuries. Victims of medical negligence and/or their families will need a law firm to advocate for their recoveries. The medical malpractice team at Janet, Janet & Suggs (JJS) understands that being injured as a result of negligence is difficult enough, so you deserve to be represented with dignity and respect. When you hire JJS to represent you, you get decades of successfully delivered, historic justice for victims of medical malpractice.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation!
What Should You Look for in a Medical Malpractice Attorney in Naperville, IL?
When serious harm has occurred, malpractice cases are not easy, and they are not usually quickly resolved. Insurance companies, as well as the lawyers who represent them and the medical professionals in question, will often try to drag out cases to wear down patients. When choosing a law firm to represent your malpractice case, you need to know you can be confident in its long-term support from day one. JJS does not wait until the settlement table or the courtroom to begin representing our clients to the fullest extent of our knowledge, experience, and resources. Working with JJS means you can count on representation that takes into account all necessary factors.
- What the evidence says. In building the strongest case possible for you, we thoroughly investigate the facts of your case. We have the medical knowledge and resources to pursue the truth so you get a chance at not only financial compensation for the harm done to you but answers that can help you heal.
- What your treatment costs. Lawyers who represent clients injured by medical practitioners must be able to fully grasp the scope of patients’ current and future needs when it comes to medical care and treatments. In preparing a case that seeks to recover the appropriate amount in compensation, we make sure to bring in all possible resources, including in-house medical experts, to calculate the maximum recovery for your case.
- What it takes to fight all the way. Taking on big insurance companies and even healthcare organizations can be stressful for victims, and it can be expensive. Your law firm must have the financial resources to build the strongest case possible. An inexperienced, underfunded firm may have to push clients to take unfairly low settlements early in the legal process, and may not be prepared to take a case to trial if a settlement cannot be reached.
How Can Janet, Janet & Suggs Help Victims of Medical Malpractice?
The team at JJS can work with you to determine whether you have a valid claim for a malpractice lawsuit. If you do, JJS can help you fight to recover financial compensation for the damages inflicted upon you.
- Medical expenses. You should not have to be responsible for medical bills that you have incurred as a result of a healthcare professional’s negligence. Those bills may include emergency room visits, inpatient treatment and care, more surgeries, and even a lifetime of outpatient care. Malpractice claims can seek damages for your future medical expenses.
- Loss of wages or earning capacity. Being harmed by malpractice often affects your ability to do your job as you once did, sometimes permanently. When your injury impacts your ability to earn a living, you can seek compensation for those lost wages. Sometimes, compensation for damages is available for any future wages you may have had the potential to earn but now are prevented from earning as a result of your medical provider’s negligence.
- Non-economic losses. Illinois law grants victims of malpractice the right to seek compensation for non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering and a loss of quality of life. Experienced malpractice attorneys know how to best calculate the amount of compensation to seek.
Meet the Janet, Janet & Suggs’ Medical Malpractice Team
Howard Janet has uncovered medical mistakes that other lawyers have missed and represented clients throughout much of the country, recovering record-breaking results. He has authored multiple books, including Navigating a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit, Representing Plaintiffs in Medical Malpractice Cases (lead author), and Patients’ Rights and Doctors’ Wrongs—Secrets to a Safer Pregnancy and Childbirth, which he co-authored with JJS’s Dr. Giles Manley.
Ken Suggs served as president of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (now known as American Association of Justice), the leading national plaintiff’s bar association, and has been a relentless advocate for his clients for over 40 years.
Dr. Giles Manley is a board-certified physician who practiced medicine for 20 years before becoming a medical malpractice attorney. He has won a number of seven-figure verdicts on behalf of his clients, and the value his medical knowledge and experience brings to his clients’ cases is priceless.
Gerald Jowers represents patients who have been harmed by medical malpractice, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices, recovering extraordinary results for clients and their families at the settlement table and in the courtroom.
Local Resources for Victims of Medical Malpractice in Naperville, IL
The harms inflicted on victims of medical malpractice are not just financial. Severe injuries that result from negligence often require ongoing care and community assistance, especially while you await the resolution of your case.
- Illinois Department of Health: The State of Illinois’ system of reporting investigates complaints about quality of care and harm to patients for a number of different facilities and healthcare provider types.
- DHS Family Community Resource Center in DuPage County: The State Department of Human Services can help victims of malpractice with community resources, such as assistance for those whose injury resulted in permanent disabilities looking for jobs or living independently.
- Illinois Healthcare and Family Services Medical Programs: These programs can provide assistance and support to some people who need help getting and paying for medical care.
- City of Naperville Resources and Financial Assistance: The city of Naperville connects victims of malpractice with local, county, and state agencies that can provide assistance with housing, utilities, health resources, and other programs that may benefit victims of medical malpractice.
Locations We Serve
Janet, Janet & Suggs is proud to offer representation for families across the country, including in Illinois, Maryland, Iowa, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia, and Washington, DC. We also represent clients on a case-by-case basis in courtrooms across other states.
Why Choose Janet, Janet & Suggs for Your Naperville, IL, Malpractice Case?
The nationally recognized medical malpractice lawyers at JJS understand that medical malpractice cases are the result of injuries that have caused immense physical, emotional, and financial burdens to victims.
JJS has the knowledge and resources a law firm needs to litigate your case aggressively to get you justice, whether through a settlement or favorable jury verdict. Our track record of record-breaking verdicts and settlements is just one indication of our success in fighting for our clients—all the way. We do not charge any upfront costs to represent our clients, and you will not pay us anything unless we get financial compensation for you. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation.