We Are Phoenix, AZ, Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- More Than $3 Billion Secured for Our Clients
- Thousands of Lives Changed
Arizona medical malpractice victims who have suffered catastrophic, life-altering injuries need representation from a law firm like Janet, Janet & Suggs (JJS), who is able to litigate for maximum financial recovery to help victims secure their future. Catastrophic medical negligence injuries are traumatic, and the recovery process should not add needlessly to survivors’ stress. Victims should have the legal support they need to get their lives back to the fullest extent possible while being represented with dignity and respect.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation.
What Should Medical Malpractice Victims Look for in a Phoenix, AZ, Medical Malpractice Attorney?
JJS offers victims of medical malpractice decades of experience delivering historic justice for those who have suffered tremendously as a result of medical negligence and error. Major malpractice cases are not easy, and they are not typically resolved quickly. Defendants often try to avoid paying out compensation in medical malpractice cases by wearing down victims or even by discouraging them from following through with their case. Because of the high stakes, malpractice lawsuits are quite tough, which is why victims should be confident that they will receive long-term support from the law firm tasked with working toward justice for their injury. Being represented by JJS means that those who have been harmed by medical providers will experience the personal attention they need and deserve.
Sometimes, the most serious errors made by medical providers are the kind that hospitals and providers do not want to acknowledge, so JJS will use their extensive legal/medical knowledge and experience to conduct a thorough investigation. JJS works with leading industry experts to help investigate clients’ injuries and build strong cases on their behalf.
- Evidence of medical error: JJS has the medical knowledge and investigative team that is needed to uncover the truth of medical malpractice victims’ injuries. When we build a case against defendants, we pursue extensive evidence that proves the extent of victims’ injury and the negligence that caused it. With our network of trusted allies who provide expert testimony and investigative skills, victims have a chance to seek not only financial recovery for their injuries but also find answers to their questions about their injuries that can be crucial to their process of physical and emotional recovery.
- Cost of damages: Medical malpractice lawyers must deeply understand the clinical and legal scope of victims’ past, current, and future medical care as well as how to argue the impact of this care in court to build a case that fully addresses the needs of severely injured victims of medical error. In order to build those strong cases, JJS enlists a variety of valuable resources, including our in-house medical experts.
When choosing a law firm that can represent major medical malpractice cases, plaintiffs need to be sure the firm has the skill as well as the financial resources to pursue fair compensation for damages, no matter how long it takes. Inexperienced and underfunded firms who encourage clients to agree to unfair settlements early in the process might be doing so because they are not equipped to take these cases to trial.
How Can Janet, Janet & Suggs Help Victims of Medical Malpractice?
JJS helps victims of medical malpractice in Phoenix, AZ, by recovering damages for the harms that have been inflicted upon them.
- Medical expenses: Post-malpractice injury medical bills often include inpatient treatment, additional or repeated surgeries, emergency room visits, medication, rehabilitative care, and much more. Quite often, the most serious injuries will result in a lifetime of medical needs. Malpractice claims will seek to recover for past, ongoing, and future costs. Injured patients should not have to be responsible for the medical bills that were entirely preventable in the first place had the patient not been the victim of negligence.
- Lost wages and earning capacity: Many victims of catastrophic malpractice cases will never be able to earn a living. If they are able to return to work, it may be in a limited capacity or an entirely new profession. Under the law, when malpractice impacts one’s potential to earn a living or results in missed work after the injury, those who have been injured can seek financial compensation. This compensation can be for the actual amount of lost wages as well as the future wages that will be lost as a result of victims’ reduced or eliminated earning capacity.
- Non-economic losses. Medical malpractice claims also allow injured people to seek damages for their non-economic losses. These are damages that result from medical malpractice but may not have an exact dollar amount attached. JJS has the experience to maximize compensation for victims’ non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering, diminished quality of life, emotional distress, and other impacts allowable under Arizona medical malpractice laws.
Meet the Janet, Janet & Suggs’ Medical Malpractice Team
Howard Janet has uncovered medical mistakes that other lawyers have missed and represented clients throughout much of the country, recovering record-breaking results. He has authored multiple books, including Navigating a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit, Representing Plaintiffs in Medical Malpractice Cases as lead author and Patients’ Rights and Doctors’ Wrongs—Secrets to a Safer Pregnancy and Childbirth, which he co-authored with Dr. Giles Manley.
Ken Suggs served as president of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (now known as the American Association for Justice), the leading national plaintiff’s bar association, and has been a relentless advocate for his clients for over 40 years.
Dr. Giles Manley is a board-certified physician who practiced medicine for 20 years before becoming a medical malpractice attorney. He has won a number of seven-figure verdicts on behalf of his clients, combining his medical knowledge and legal experience to secure monumental victories for his clients.
Gerald Jowers represents patients who have been harmed by medical malpractice, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices, recovering extraordinary results for clients and their families at the settlement table and in the courtroom.
What Results Has JJS Achieved for Our Clients?
JJS is nationally recognized for its record-breaking verdicts and settlements. Over the past four decades, JJS has recovered hundreds of millions of dollars on behalf of victims of medical malpractice in successful outcomes all across the country, providing families with hope, healing, and a chance for financial security.
- $33.5 Million for Delayed C-Section: In Tennessee, a jury awarded this record-breaking verdict after determining doctors’ negligent actions in delaying a medically necessary Cesarean section resulted in the baby developing severe brain damage as well as cerebral palsy.
- $24.25 Million for Failure to Diagnose: Another record-breaking medical malpractice verdict was awarded by a District of Columbia jury after doctors neglected to diagnose and respond to a child’s airway obstruction, causing her to suffer preventable brain damage and cerebral palsy.
- $18 Million for Medication Error: This settlement against a pharmacy was for a medical error resulting in the incorrect medication being dispensed to a pregnant mother. Their negligence resulted in her child developing a neural tube defect, which caused paraplegia and other severe injuries.
- $13 Million for Medication Error: A US government-employed medical provider’s negligence resulted in this settlement for a patient who received poor postoperative care, causing cerebral palsy and brain damage.
JJS digs deep to investigate the facts of each and every medical injury during the preparation of a case. Through this investigative process, JJS’ team determines which—and how many—parties are responsible for the injuries inflicted, along with the extent of damages to include in the lawsuit.
- Past, current, and future medical costs
- Costs of additional care
- Adaptive housing and transportation
- Supplemental care
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages after your injury
- Loss of quality of life
- Lost wage-earning capacity
Local Resources for Victims of Medical Malpractice in Phoenix, AZ
Being seriously injured by medical malpractice often means needing more than basic support and care. This may include local and state community assistance, especially while awaiting the resolution of a malpractice case.
- Arizona State Agencies Directory: Complaints against state-licensed providers need to be filed directly with the state agency that oversees the license, such as the Arizona Medical Board or Board of Nursing.
- Arizona Department of Health Services: Online forms are available to Arizonans who need to lodge a complaint against a healthcare facility.
- AZSILC: The Arizona Statewide Independent Living Council (AZSILC) supports those with disabilities in Phoenix and across the state by meeting their functional needs and connecting with supportive programs.
- The Brain Injury Alliance of Arizona: An advocacy group founded in Tucson, the BIAZZ supports survivors of complex brain injury and their caregivers.
Locations We Serve
Janet, Janet & Suggs is proud to offer representation for families across the country, including Phoenix and elsewhere in Arizona, Maryland, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia, and Washington, D.C., as well as on a case-by-case basis in courtrooms across other states.
Our commitment to providing legal representation to those who have been harmed in some of the most egregious ways extends to a variety of practice areas.
- Defective medical products
- Defective products
- Military medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence
- Organ damage
- Sexual abuse
- Surgical errors
- Wrongful death
Why Choose Janet, Janet & Suggs for Phoenix, AZ, Malpractice Cases?
JJS’ experience, knowledge, and resources allow us to litigate cases against negligent providers and institutions aggressively, working to get clients the answers and fair compensation they deserve. However, our track record of record-breaking verdicts and settlements is just one sign of our continued success in fighting for clients’ financial recovery.
We have also been recognized by a variety of leading organizations including Best Lawyers®, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, AV Preeminent ratings by Martindale-Hubbell, and as one of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Law Firms. Many of our attorneys are also listed as Super Lawyers® These recognitions from leading organizations reflect our continued commitment to working toward securing our clients’ futures when they have been harmed by medical malpractice. Contact the medical malpractice team at Janet, Janet & Suggs today for a free, no-obligation consultation.