We Are Charlotte, NC, Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- More Than $3 Billion Secured for Our Clients
- Thousands of Lives Changed
Victims of medical malpractice in Charlotte, NC, need to know who they can turn to for help when they are at their most vulnerable. After being injured by their healthcare provider with catastrophic injury, victims can rely on dedicated, compassionate legal representation from Janet, Janet & Suggs’ (JJS) medical malpractice division.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation.
What Should People Who Have Been Injured Look for in an Charlotte, NC, Medical Malpractice Attorney?
JJS has provided decades of representation to those who have been harmed by negligence, resulting in historic justice for those who have been harmed in catastrophic medical injury cases. Whether the malpractice is a result of negligence, recklessness, or outright misconduct on the part of healthcare providers, these cases are rarely easy on the plaintiffs, and they are rarely resolved quickly. Victims of negligent care need to feel confident that they will receive personal attention and long-term support from their legal team. For over 40 years, JJS has used its legal and medical knowledge to advocate for injured clients across North Carolina and the United States.
- Investigating the evidence. When JJS builds a malpractice case, we pursue the truth, working collaboratively with our network of trusted allies. Our team uses their medical knowledge and extensive investigative resources to determine the extent of the injury and identify the precise evidence available, as well as what additional evidence is needed, to demonstrate the full extent of the injury and its causes to a jury. In a number of previous malpractice cases, JJS’s thorough investigations led to our discovery of evidence and issues other firms missed.
- Calculating the damages. The damages inflicted upon victims of medical malpractice include medical costs, but they also go far beyond the actual costs of care. Victims need a law firm that can both provide the resources needed to establish proof of the significant expenses that accompany malpractice injuries, and effectively prove the maximum compensation for future and non-economic damages.
Medical malpractice law firms also must have the financial resources themselves to stay the course in the pursuit of recovery, no matter how long it takes. Major malpractice suits that seek to recover damages for complex and catastrophic injuries can take years to resolve, but inexperienced and underfunded malpractice firms often encourage quick settlements that are unfairly low.
How Can Janet, Janet & Suggs Help Victims of Medical Malpractice?
The pursuit of damages for serious medical injuries, which are often considerable, requires an understanding of the vast impact these injuries can have on victims’ lives.
- Medical expenses. The most obvious impact is the extensive medical bills that stem from medical errors. These enormous bills are often far beyond the reality of what injured victims and their families can reasonably handle. Between the costs of inpatient treatment, surgeries, emergency room visits, medication, medical devices, rehabilitative care, and more, medical malpractice creates a lifelong financial burden that is overwhelming and often impossible to recover from.
- Lost wages and earning capacity. Medical malpractice cases often seek to recover compensation for an individual’s lost wages or even compensate victims for future wages that will be almost certainly lost as a result of their reduced or eliminated earning capacity.
- Non-economic damages. Non-economic losses are also accounted for in malpractice cases. These include victims’ pain and suffering, reduced quality of life, and emotional distress. JJS’s legal team has the experience to fully calculate the immense value of these losses.
Meet the Janet, Janet & Suggs’ Medical Malpractice Team
Howard Janet has uncovered medical mistakes that other lawyers have missed and represented clients throughout much of the country, recovering record-breaking results. He has authored multiple books, including Navigating a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit, Representing Plaintiffs in Medical Malpractice Cases as lead author and Patients’ Rights and Doctors’ Wrongs—Secrets to a Safer Pregnancy and Childbirth, which he co-authored with Dr. Giles Manley.
Ken Suggs served as president of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (now known as the American Association of Justice), the leading national plaintiff’s bar association, and has been a relentless advocate for his clients for over 40 years.
Dr. Giles Manley is a board-certified physician who practiced medicine for 20 years before becoming a medical malpractice attorney. He has won a number of seven-figure verdicts on behalf of his clients, combining his medical knowledge and legal experience to secure monumental victories for his clients.
Gerald Jowers represents patients who have been harmed by medical malpractice, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices, recovering extraordinary results for clients and their families at the settlement table and in the courtroom.
What Results Has Janet, Janet & Suggs Achieved for Its Clients?
Nationally recognized for their record-breaking verdicts and settlements in successful recoveries for medical malpractice clients all across the country, JJS has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of victims of medical malpractice.
- $33.5 Million for Delayed C-Section: In Tennessee, a jury awarded this record-breaking verdict after determining doctors’ negligent actions in delaying a medically necessary Cesarean section resulted in the baby developing severe brain damage as well as cerebral palsy.
- $24.25 Million for Failure to Diagnose: Another record-breaking medical malpractice verdict was awarded by a District of Columbia jury after doctors neglected to diagnose and respond to a child’s airway obstruction, causing her to suffer preventable brain damage and cerebral palsy.
- $18 Million for Medication Error: This settlement against a pharmacy was for a medical error resulting in the incorrect medication being dispensed to a pregnant mother. Their negligence resulted in her child developing a neural tube defect, which caused paraplegia and other severe injuries.
- $13 Million for Poor Postoperative Care: A US government-employed medical provider’s negligence resulted in this settlement for a patient who received poor postoperative care, causing cerebral palsy and brain damage
Local Resources for Victims of Medical Malpractice in Charlotte, NC
While many may expect their medical insurance to cover their basic needs, being seriously injured by medical malpractice often means needing more than basic support and care. Recovering damages in a malpractice suit is one way to access this care, but there are community resources also available, especially while awaiting the resolution of a malpractice case.
- North Carolina Medical Board: This website provides guidance for filing a professional licensing complaint against a Charlotte, NC, health professional or facility.
- North Carolina State Action Plan for TBI: This program provides specialized employment-related services, such as cognitive rehabilitation, career exploration and development, and intensive job support to victims of medical malpractice with brain injuries as well as other TBI survivors.
- North Carolina Disability Services: This portal provides access to city, county, and state resources for persons living with various disabilities.
Locations We Serve
JJS is proud to offer representation for families across the country, including Charlotte and elsewhere in North Carolina, Maryland, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia, and Washington D.C. JJS also practices on a case-by-case basis in courtrooms across other states.
At JJS, we apply the same values of compassionate, dedicated care that govern our medical malpractice representation to advocate for those who have suffered in a variety of practice areas, including:
- Birth injuries
- Brain injuries
- Cancer misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis
- Cerebral palsy
- Defective medical products
- Defective products
- Military medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence
- Organ damage
- Sexual abuse
- Surgical errors
- Wrongful death
Why Choose Janet, Janet & Suggs for Charlotte, NC, Medical Malpractice Cases?
JJS’s support of our clients is driven by our decades of experience, our team of lawyers and medical experts, and our access to substantial resources, resulting in historic justice for victims of malpractice. Our history of record-breaking verdicts and settlements is only one sign of our continued successes in getting clients justice.
We have also been recognized by a variety of leading organizations including Best Lawyers®, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, AV Preeminent ratings by Martindale-Hubbell, and as one of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Law Firms. Many of our attorneys are also listed as Super Lawyers® These recognitions from leading organizations reflect our continued commitment to working toward securing our clients’ futures when they have been harmed by medical malpractice. Contact the medical malpractice team at Janet, Janet & Suggs today for a free, no-obligation consultation.
2000 Duke Street
Alexandria, VA 22314