We Are Baltimore, MD, Medical Malpractice Lawyers
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- More Than $3 Billion Secured for Our Clients
- Thousands of Lives Changed
Janet, Janet & Suggs (JJS) knows being injured by negligent or reckless healthcare providers and systems is devastating. JJS offers victims of medical malpractice over four decades of successfully delivered historic justice for victims of healthcare provider’s mistakes, along with representation that includes treating victims with dignity and respect.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation.
What Should People Look for in a Baltimore, MD, Medical Malpractice Attorney?
Malpractice cases are not easy, and they are not quickly resolved. When choosing a medical malpractice law firm to represent victims in severe malpractice cases, clients will need to consider the level of support they will get from their attorneys.
- What the evidence shows: To provide the strongest representation for victims of catastrophic medical malpractice, we thoroughly investigate the facts of your case and have the medical knowledge to truly understand the evidence of negligence we discover in patients’ medical records, witness interviews, and laboratory results.
- What treatment costs: Lawyers who represent clients injured by medical practitioners must understand the scope of patients’ current and future financial needs when it comes to their medical care. Our team also includes a network of trusted medical experts with the knowledge and experience to truly understand the scope of injuries and the level of care needed for such severe injuries.
- What the damages add up to: Fighting for justice for medical malpractice victims in Baltimore is what we do. This means understanding what the financial impact of both economic and non-economic damages are when it comes to complex malpractice cases.
Taking on big insurance companies and even healthcare organizations is often expensive. An inexperienced, underfunded firm may push clients to take unfairly low settlements early in the legal process because they are not prepared to see through a big case. JJS has the resources to stay the course with victims and fight for maximum recovery.
How Can Janet, Janet & Suggs Help Victims of Medical Malpractice?
From the start, the team at Janet, Janet & Suggs works with victims to determine the extent of the injuries and the damages incurred as a result.
- Medical expenses. Patients should not have to be responsible for medical bills that occur as a result of malpractice injuries. That includes emergency room visits, inpatient treatment and care, additional surgeries, and outpatient care. Malpractice claims also account for victims’ future expenses.
- Loss of wages or earning capacity. Suffering injuries as a result of major malpractice affects victims’ ability to do their job, sometimes permanently, and victims can seek compensation for those lost wages.
- Non-economic losses. The law gives victims of malpractice the right to seek financial compensation for these kinds of damages, and experienced attorneys know how to best calculate the amount of compensation to seek.
Meet the Janet, Janet & Suggs’ Medical Malpractice Team
Howard Janet has uncovered medical mistakes that other lawyers have missed and represented clients throughout much of the country, recovering record-breaking results. He has authored multiple books, including Navigating a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit, Representing Plaintiffs in Medical Malpractice Cases as lead author and Patients’ Rights and Doctors’ Wrongs—Secrets to a Safer Pregnancy and Childbirth, which he co-authored with Dr. Giles Manley.
Ken Suggs served as president of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (now known as the American Association for Justice), the leading national plaintiff’s bar association, and has been a relentless advocate for his clients for over 40 years.
Dr. Giles Manley is a board-certified physician who practiced medicine for 20 years before becoming a medical malpractice attorney. He has won a number of seven-figure verdicts on behalf of his clients, combining his medical knowledge and legal experience to secure monumental victories for his clients.
Gerald Jowers represents patients who have been harmed by medical malpractice, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices, recovering extraordinary results for clients and their families at the settlement table and in the courtroom.
What Results Has Janet, Janet & Suggs Achieved for Our Clients?
Over the last forty years, JJS has recovered hundreds of millions of dollars on behalf of medical malpractice victims all across the United States, providing families with hope, healing, and the chance for a secure future of quality care.
- $33.5 Million Delayed C-Section: A Tennessee jury awarded this record-breaking verdict after finding that delays in performing an urgently needed cesarean section resulted in a baby developing severe brain damage and cerebral palsy.
- $24.25 Million Failure to Diagnose: A record-breaking medical malpractice jury verdict in the District of Columbia, obtained for a child who suffered brain damage and cerebral palsy because her doctors failed to properly diagnose and respond to an airway obstruction.
- $18 Million Medication Error: A settlement obtained in a case against a pharmacy that negligently dispensed incorrect medication to a pregnant mother, resulting in her child developing a neural tube defect, resulting in paraplegia and other significant injuries.
- $13 Million Poor Postoperative Care: Settlement received in a case against a U.S. government-employed healthcare provider whose poor post-operative care resulted in brain damage and cerebral palsy.
Local Resources for Victims of Medical Malpractice in Baltimore, MD
The harms inflicted on victims of medical malpractice are not just financial. Severe injuries that result from medical malpractice often require ongoing care and community assistance, especially while you await the resolution of your case.
- Maryland ABLE: This state program supports people with disabilities and their families in navigating the complex landscape of state and federal means-tested benefits.
- Unified Community Connections: This non-profit organization serves and assists children and adults with disabilities, such as cerebral palsy.
- Brain Injury Association of Maryland: This portal provides access to statewide resources, including support groups, for those living with brain injury and their families.
Locations We Serve
Janet, Janet & Suggs is proud to offer representation for families across the country, including Baltimore and elsewhere across Maryland, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, and Washington, D.C. We also represent clients on a case-by-case basis in courtrooms across other states.
JJS also provides knowledgeable and experienced legal representation for those who have been harmed by others in a variety of practice areas.
- Birth injuries
- Brain injuries
- Cancer misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis
- Cerebral palsy
- Defective pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Military medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence
- Organ damage
- Sexual abuse
- Surgical errors
- Wrongful death
Why Choose Janet, Janet & Suggs for Your Baltimore, MD, Malpractice Case?
JJS’s commitment to seeking justice, security, and healing for families affected by catastrophic medical malpractice is evident through our decades of experience. Our work has resulted in historic justice for those harmed in malpractice cases, but our long history of record-breaking verdicts and settlements is just one indication of our continued successes in getting justice for those who have been injured.
JJS has also been recognized by a variety of leading organizations, including Best Lawyers®, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, AV Preeminent ratings by Martindale-Hubbell, and as one of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Law Firms. Many of our attorneys are also listed as Super Lawyers® These recognitions from leading organizations reflect our continued commitment to working toward securing our clients’ futures when they have been harmed by medical malpractice. Contact the medical malpractice team at Janet, Janet & Suggs today for a free, no-obligation consultation.
4 Reservoir Circle,
Baltimore, MD 21208