We Are Harrisburg, PA, Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- More Than $3 Billion Secured for Our Clients
- Thousands of Lives Changed
Sometimes, medical errors result in catastrophic injuries, and when they do, victims of medical malpractice in Harrisburg, PA will need dedicated, compassionate legal representation. The medical malpractice division of Janet, Janet & Suggs (JJS) understands that these complex cases require law firms that are tough on defendants, but dedicated to maintaining victims’ dignity throughout the difficult process of recovering damages.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation.
What Should People Who Have Been Injured Look for in a Harrisburg, PA Medical Malpractice Attorney?
JJS has been delivering historic justice on behalf of catastrophically injured victims of medical malpractice for decades. Whether malpractice results from negligence, recklessness, or outright misconduct on the part of healthcare providers, these kinds of cases are never easy on those who have been injured. For over 40 years, JJS has leveraged its legal and medical knowledge and experience to advocate for injured clients across Pennsylvania and the United States. Victims need to be confident that they will receive both personal attention and long-term support from a firm like JJS, starting with an extensive examination of the circumstances of the case.
- Investigating the evidence. JJS’s medical malpractice cases start with a simple but often ignored step—the pursuit of the full truth. We work collaboratively with our network of expert witnesses and investigators to uncover what really happened to those who have been injured. JJS uses our team’s medical knowledge and extensive investigative resources to determine the severity, extent, and cause of injuries. In previous malpractice cases, our thorough investigative process has even led to the discovery of evidence that other firms missed.
- Calculating the damages. The damages inflicted upon victims of medical malpractice will, of course, include medical costs. But the harm done goes far beyond the costs of medical treatment. JJS has the resources, knowledge, and experience to accurately project the full scope of future expenses and impacts of victims’ injuries.
However, the investigation into the case is only one element of the part medical malpractice lawyers play in a catastrophic injury lawsuit. Medical malpractice law firms also must have substantial financial resources themselves in order to withstand the recovery process, no matter how long it takes. The reality is that major malpractice suits can take years to resolve, and inexperienced and underfunded malpractice firms often encourage settlements that are unfairly low. When a firm is not financially equipped to take these cases to trial, especially on a contingency basis, those lawyers often want to move on to their next case quickly.
How Can Janet, Janet & Suggs Help Victims of Medical Malpractice?
JJS understands that the damages experienced by those who have been harmed by medical malpractice extend beyond what may be apparent to more inexperienced legal teams. The pursuit of damages for serious medical injuries requires a deep understanding of the impact these injuries can have on victims’ lives.
- Medical expenses. The most apparent, and often immediate, financial impact felt by victims of medical malpractice is the ever-growing cost of medical bills. These medical expenses often add up to far more than what injured victims and their families can reasonably afford, even with insurance. Because the costs of inpatient treatment, surgeries, emergency room visits, medication and medical devices, rehabilitative care, and more can be so devastating, medical malpractice injuries can incur a lifelong financial burden that no victim should be forced to bear.
- Lost wages and earning capacity. In addition to the cost of care needed simply to address physical injuries, catastrophic medical malpractice cases can affect one’s ability to earn a living. JJS can seek to recover compensation for an individual’s lost wages, or even e future wages that will be lost as a result of the injured person’s reduced or eliminated earning capacity. A catastrophic injury is life-altering and, even with community support, a person who loses the ability to provide for themselves financially will need a secure avenue for accessing care in the future.
- Non-economic damages. The injuries of medical malpractice run deep and extend far beyond what can be seen on a CT scan, on an X-ray or added up in hospital bills. Experienced firms also will be sure to account for non-economic losses in their malpractice cases. These damages include victims’ pain and suffering, reduced quality of life, emotional distress, and more. JJS’s legal team has the experience to accurately calculate the immense value of these losses.
Meet the Janet, Janet & Suggs’ Medical Malpractice Team
Howard Janet has uncovered medical mistakes that other lawyers have missed and represented clients throughout much of the country, recovering record-breaking results. He has authored multiple books, including Navigating a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit, Representing Plaintiffs in Medical Malpractice Cases as lead author and Patients’ Rights and Doctors’ Wrongs—Secrets to a Safer Pregnancy and Childbirth, which he co-authored with Dr. Giles Manley.
Ken Suggs served as president of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (now known as the American Association for Justice), the leading national plaintiff’s bar association, and has been a relentless advocate for his clients for over 40 years.
Dr. Giles Manley is a board-certified physician who practiced medicine for 20 years before becoming a medical malpractice attorney. He has won a number of seven-figure verdicts on behalf of his clients, combining his medical knowledge and legal experience to secure monumental victories for his clients.
Gerald Jowers represents patients who have been harmed by medical malpractice, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices, recovering extraordinary results for clients and their families at the settlement table and in the courtroom.
What Results Has Janet, Janet & Suggs Achieved for Its Clients?
JJS’s record-breaking verdicts and settlements demonstrate our recovery of millions of dollars on behalf of victims of medical malpractice in successful verdicts and settlements. Our work can help provide medical malpractice victims with hope, security, and healing.
- $24.25 Million for Failure to Diagnose: Another record-breaking medical malpractice verdict was awarded by a Harrisburg, PA jury after doctors neglected to diagnose and respond to a child’s airway obstruction, causing her to suffer preventable brain damage and cerebral palsy.
- $33.5 Million for Delayed C-Section: In Tennessee, a jury awarded this record-breaking verdict after determining doctors’ negligent actions in delaying a medically necessary Cesarean section resulted in the baby developing severe brain damage as well as cerebral palsy.
- $18 Million for Medication Error: This settlement against a pharmacy was for a medical error resulting in the incorrect medication being dispensed to a pregnant mother. Their negligence resulted in her child developing a neural tube defect, which caused paraplegia and other severe injuries.
- $13 Million for Poor Postoperative Care: A US government-employed medical provider’s negligence resulted in this settlement for a patient who received poor postoperative care, causing cerebral palsy and brain damage.
Local Resources for Victims of Medical Malpractice in Harrisburg, PA
Even with the success of a medical malpractice case, medical malpractice often means needing more than simply basic support and care. Recovering damages in a malpractice suit is one way to access this care, but there are community resources also available that can help victims and their caretakers deal with the life-altering impacts of catastrophic injury, or even provide extra help while awaiting the resolution of their malpractice case.
- Pennsylvania Professional Licensing Complaints: Here, victims can file a malpractice complaint against a Philadelphia, PA health professional or facility.
- Arch Respite Programs: This locator can help caretakers of those living with severe disability and injury find short-term or regular respite programs.
- Harrisburg Regional Brain Injury Support Groups: This portal provides access to support groups all over the state for those living with brain injury and their families.
Locations We Serve
JJS is proud to offer medical malpractice representation for families across the country, including Harrisburg and elsewhere in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and Washington, D.C., as well as on a case-by-case basis in courtrooms across other states.
At JJS, we apply the same level of compassionate, dedicated care that governs our medical malpractice representation to advocate for those who have suffered in a variety of practice areas.
- Birth injuries
- Brain injuries
- Cancer misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis
- Cerebral palsy
- Defective medical products
- Defective products
- Military medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence
- Organ damage
- Sexual abuse
- Surgical errors
- Wrongful death
Why Choose Janet, Janet & Suggs for a Harrisburg, PA Malpractice Case?
JJS’s commitment to advocacy is driven by our decades of experience, powered by our team of lawyers and medical experts, and supported by our access to substantial resources. Our work has resulted in historic justice for victims of malpractice. However, our history of record-breaking verdicts and settlements is only one sign of our continued successes in getting clients justice.
We have also been recognized by a variety of leading organizations including Best Lawyers®, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, AV Preeminent ratings by Martindale-Hubbell, and as one of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Law Firms. Many of our attorneys are also listed as Super Lawyers® These recognitions from leading organizations reflect our continued commitment to working toward securing our clients’ futures when they have been harmed by medical malpractice. Contact the medical malpractice team at Janet, Janet & Suggs today for a free, no-obligation consultation.
2225 Sycamore Street
Harrisburg, PA 17111