We Are Manchester, NH, Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- More Than $3 Billion Secured for Our Clients
- Thousands of Lives Changed
Manchester, NH, victims of medical malpractice need to be certain they can rely on getting legal representation from a firm that is experienced and resourceful. They need a team able to litigate for their maximum financial recovery while treating them with dignity and respect. Janet, Janet & Suggs’ (JJS) medical malpractice division knows these victims deserve a firm that is tough on defendants but delivers compassionate, dedicated legal support. When those who have been harmed partner with JJS, they work with experienced professionals who know how to navigate the complex process of medical malpractice recovery.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation!
What Should Victims Look for in a Manchester, NH, Medical Malpractice Attorney?
JJS has over four decades of malpractice legal experience, resulting in our delivery of historic justice for people who have been harmed by catastrophic medical injury. Whether the malpractice is the result of medical negligence, recklessness, or outright misconduct, these cases are not easy, and they are rarely resolved quickly. This is why victims need to be confident they will receive personal attention and long-term support from their legal team.
For over 40 years, JJS has used our legal and medical knowledge to advocate for our clients. This begins with our thorough investigation of the circumstances of each injury. In fact, JJS’ investigative process often leads to the discovery of evidence that other attorneys have missed, allowing us to craft a stronger case in our pursuit of the maximum recovery for our clients. To build these cases, our investigative process has two major components.
- Investigating the evidence. JJS’ malpractice team has the medical knowledge and investigative resources needed to understand what the evidence of injury shows, and what it doesn’t show. This means we recognize what additional evidence is needed to demonstrate the full extent of the injury in order to prove the case and maximize fair compensation.
- Calculating the damages. Experienced medical malpractice attorneys like those at JJS have a deep understanding of the full implications of the medical and financial needs of those who have been injured by a major medical error. In building a case that seeks to recover the full extent of damages, we use a variety of invaluable resources, including our in-house medical experts.
However, that’s not all. This is not an open-and-shut process, and medical malpractice law firms must have the financial resources to last the fight when it comes to the pursuit of fair compensation for damages—no matter how long it takes. Major malpractice cases can take years to resolve, and inexperienced and underfunded malpractice firms often encourage settlements that are unfairly low early on. When this happens, it is often because their team is not financially equipped to take these cases to trial or engage in lengthy negotiations on a contingency basis.
How Can Janet, Janet & Suggs Help Victims of Medical Malpractice?
JJS helps victims of serious injuries resulting from medical malpractice in Manchester, NH, by continuing to pursue damages for clients’ serious injuries, which are often extensive and difficult for an inexperienced legal team to calculate completely.
- Medical expenses. The extensive medical bills that stem from medical errors are often far beyond the scope of what injured victims and their families can reasonably handle, even if they are insured. Those who have been injured by malpractice find themselves responsible for costs of inpatient treatment, surgeries, emergency room visits, medication, medical devices, rehabilitative care, and so much more. For many, this financial burden is overwhelming and often impossible to recover from; additionally, most serious malpractice injuries will result in a lifetime of medical care needs. These needs can include adaptive equipment, ongoing treatments, and caregiver assistance. Malpractice lawsuits can recover financial compensation for past, ongoing, and even future expenses that injured patients should never have been responsible for paying in the first place.
- Lost wages and earning capacity. Many victims of catastrophic malpractice cases, such as delayed C-section birth injuries, will never be able to earn a living. Medical malpractice lawsuits can seek to recover financial compensation for an individuals’ actual lost wages, where appropriate, and even compensate victims for future wages that will be almost certainly lost as a result of their reduced or eliminated earning capacity.
- Non-economic damages. The law also allows a way for injured people to recover damages for their non-economic losses, such as pain and suffering, reduced quality of life, and emotional distress. JJS’s team has the experience to prove the immense value of these non-economic damages.
Meet the Janet, Janet & Suggs’ Medical Malpractice Team
Howard Janet has uncovered medical mistakes that other lawyers have missed and represented clients throughout much of the country, recovering record-breaking results. He has authored multiple books, including Navigating a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit, Representing Plaintiffs in Medical Malpractice Cases as lead author and Patients’ Rights and Doctors’ Wrongs—Secrets to a Safer Pregnancy and Childbirth, which he co-authored with Dr. Giles Manley.
Ken Suggs served as president of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (now known as the American Association of Justice), the leading national plaintiff’s bar association, and has been a relentless advocate for his clients for over 40 years.
Dr. Giles Manley is a board-certified physician who practiced medicine for 20 years before becoming a medical malpractice attorney. He has won a number of seven-figure verdicts on behalf of his clients, combining his medical knowledge and legal experience to secure monumental victories for his clients.
Gerald Jowers represents patients who have been harmed by medical malpractice, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices, recovering extraordinary results for clients and their families at the settlement table and in the courtroom.
What Results Has Janet, Janet & Suggs Achieved for Our Clients?
The attorneys of JJS have been advocating for the rights of those injured by medical malpractice for decades by uncovering medication, hospital and doctor errors, leading class-action lawsuits against dangerous drugs and unsafe products and defective medical devices.
- $33.5 Million for Delayed C-Section: In Tennessee, a jury awarded this record-breaking verdict after determining doctors’ negligent actions in delaying a medically necessary Cesarean section resulted in the baby developing severe brain damage as well as cerebral palsy.
- $24.25 Million for Failure to Diagnose: Another record-breaking medical malpractice verdict was awarded by a Manchester, NH., jury after doctors neglected to diagnose and respond to a child’s airway obstruction, causing her to suffer preventable brain damage and cerebral palsy.
- $18 Million for Medication Error: This settlement against a pharmacy was for a medical error resulting in the incorrect medication being dispensed to a pregnant mother. Their negligence resulted in her child developing a neural tube defect, which caused paraplegia and other severe injuries.
- $13 Million for Poor Postoperative Care: A US government-employed medical provider’s negligence resulted in this settlement for a patient who received poor postoperative care, causing cerebral palsy and brain damage.
JJS’ medical malpractice team of lawyers works to determine which—and how many—parties are legally responsible for the harm inflicted upon our clients. We then determine the extent of damages to include in the lawsuit based on the total impact of the injury in various areas of victims’ lives, including:
- Past, current and future medical costs
- Costs of additional care
- Adaptive housing and transportation
- Supplemental care
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages after your injury
- Loss of quality of life
- Lost wage-earning capacity
Local Resources for Victims of Medical Malpractice in Manchester, NH
Unfortunately, being grievously injured by medical malpractice often means needing more than basic support and care. These needs may include local and state community assistance, especially while awaiting the resolution of a malpractice case.
- New Hampshire Department of Health: This website provides guidance for filing a professional licensing complaint against a Manchester, NH., health facility.
- UNH Institute on Disability: This organization seeks to address the needs of people with disabilities and their families, including through classes, workshops, and consultation services.
- New Hampshire Board of Medicine: This website provides information about filing a complaint about a licensed medical provider in the state of New Hampshire.
Locations We Serve
JJS is proud to offer representation for families across the country, including Manchester and elsewhere in New Hampshire, Maryland, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia, and Washington, D.C. JJS also practices on a case-by-case basis in courtrooms across other states.
In addition to being nationally recognized for their record-breaking recoveries for medical malpractice clients all across the country, JSS has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of victims in successful settlements and trial verdicts in other practice areas. At JJS, we apply the same principle to others who have suffered injuries in a variety of circumstances, including:
- Defective pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Military medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence
- Organ damage
- Sexual abuse
- Surgical errors
- Wrongful death
Why Choose Janet, Janet & Suggs for Manchester, NH, Malpractice Cases?
We use our decades of experience, team of knowledgeable lawyers and medical experts, and access to substantial resources to seek out justice negligent providers and institutions. We work to get our clients answers after they have been seriously harmed by their medical providers, as well as fair compensation, which they will need to have the best quality of life possible. However, our history of record-breaking verdicts and settlements is only one sign of our continued successes in getting clients the justice they need.
We have also been recognized by a variety of leading organizations including Best Lawyers®, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, AV Preeminent ratings by Martindale-Hubbell, and as one of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Law Firms. Many of our attorneys are also listed as Super Lawyers® These recognitions from leading organizations reflect our continued commitment to working toward securing our clients’ futures when they have been harmed by medical malpractice. Contact the medical malpractice team at Janet, Janet & Suggs today for a free, no-obligation consultation.