We Are Little Rock, AR, Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- More Than $3 Billion Secured for Our Clients
- Thousands of Lives Changed
Arkansas medical malpractice victims need a law firm willing to aggressively aid their fight for maximum financial recovery under the law. The experienced medical malpractice division of Janet, Janet & Suggs (JJS) understands that catastrophic medical injuries as a result of a medical provider's negligence are difficult enough without feeling as though they are facing an impossible battle for fair compensation. JJS also holds fast to the idea that those harmed by medical negligence deserve to maintain their dignity and respect, and survivors should have the legal support they need to get their lives back to the fullest extent possible.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation!
What Should Medical Malpractice Victims Look for in a Little Rock Medical Malpractice Attorney?
When victims of medical malpractice are represented by JJS, they get a team with decades of experience delivering historic justice for those who have suffered needlessly from catastrophic medical errors. We want our clients to understand that major malpractice cases are not easy, and they are not usually resolved quickly. Insurance companies and healthcare facilities often try to drag out malpractice cases in order to wear down victims or even prevent them from filing suit in the first place. While successful malpractice lawsuits can be quite tough, victims should have confidence that they will receive compassionate, professional support from their legal team—right from the moment they make their initial contact with a law firm. Working with JJS means those harmed by medical malpractice will have legal representation driven by medical and legal knowledge and experience.
The most egregious errors made in health care are the kind that hospitals and providers want swept under the rug. JJS will conduct a thorough investigation to uncover the exact cause of injury and its life-altering impacts.
- The evidence that proves medical error. Our firm has the medical knowledge and investigative/legal resources needed to uncover the truth behind victims’ injuries. When we build a case we leave no stone unturned in our pursuit of the extent of negligence that contributed to injury, and the evidence to back it up. With our resources, clients have a chance to seek not only financial recovery for the harm done to them but to also reveal the answers that can be so vital in the process of physical and emotional recovery.
- The cost of treatment and other damages. In order to build a case that fully addresses the needs of severely injured victims of medical error, lawyers must have a deep understanding of the scope of victims’ past, current, and future medical care as well as how to argue the impact of this care in court. JJS enlists all possible resources, including our in-house medical experts, in order to arrive at a thorough assessment of plaintiffs’ injuries and needs.
When selecting a law firm to represent complex medical malpractice cases, it is important to know the firm has not only the ability but the financial resources to build the strongest case possible for victims, no matter how long that takes. Inexperienced and underfunded firms often encourage clients to agree to insufficient settlements early in the process, which is often a sign that a firm is not equipped to take the most serious malpractice cases to trial.
How Can Janet, Janet & Suggs Help Victims of Medical Malpractice?
JJS helps victims of medical malpractice in Little Rock, AR recover damages for the harms that have been inflicted upon them by the very people who were supposed to provide them care.
- Medical expenses: Plaintiffs’ medical bills often include emergency room visits, inpatient treatment, surgeries, medication, rehabilitative care, and more. Often, serious injuries result in a lifetime of medical care, and malpractice claims can seek recovery for the costs victims have already incurred and for the bills to come. Injured patients should not have to be responsible for the medical bills that result from medical negligence.
- Loss of wages or earning capacity: The injuries caused by medical providers’ negligent actions can impact victims’ ability to do their jobs for a long time and, in many cases of serious injury, permanently. When malpractice injury impacts one’s ability to earn a living, they can seek financial compensation for their lost wages and the future wages that will be lost as a result of their impaired earning capacity.
- Non-economic losses: Non-economic damages that result from medical malpractice can be difficult for those who are inexperienced or unfamiliar with the complexities of how impactful malpractice injuries can be on victims. JJS has the experience to maximize the fair compensation for victims’ pain and suffering, diminished quality of life, emotional distress, and other impacts allowable under Arkansas medical malpractice laws.
Meet the Leaders of Janet, Janet & Suggs’ Medical Malpractice Division
Howard Janet has uncovered medical mistakes that other lawyers have missed and represented clients throughout much of the country, recovering record-breaking results. He has authored multiple books, including Navigating a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit, Representing Plaintiffs in Medical Malpractice Cases as lead author and Patients’ Rights and Doctors’ Wrongs—Secrets to a Safer Pregnancy and Childbirth, which he co-authored with Dr. Giles Manley.
Ken Suggs served as president of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (now known as the American Association of Justice), the leading national plaintiff’s bar association, and has been a relentless advocate for his clients for over 40 years.
Dr. Giles Manley is a board-certified physician who practiced medicine for 20 years before becoming a medical malpractice attorney. He has won a number of seven-figure verdicts on behalf of his clients, combining his medical knowledge and legal experience to secure monumental victories for his clients.
Gerald Jowers represents patients who have been harmed by medical malpractice, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices, recovering extraordinary results for clients and their families at the settlement table and in the courtroom.
What Results Has Janet, Janet & Suggs Achieved for Its Clients?
JJS is nationally recognized for successfully recovering millions on behalf of victims of medical malpractice in record-breaking lawsuits. The trial lawyers of JJS’s medical malpractice division have been successful in achieving this kind of justice for victims of medical error all across the country.
- $33.5 Million for Delayed C-Section: In Tennessee, a jury awarded this record-breaking verdict after determining doctors’ negligent actions in delaying a medically necessary Cesarean section resulted in the baby developing severe brain damage as well as cerebral palsy.
- $24.25 Million for Failure to Diagnose: Another record-breaking medical malpractice verdict was awarded by a District of Columbia jury after doctors neglected to diagnose and respond to a child’s airway obstruction, causing her to suffer preventable brain damage and cerebral palsy.
- $18 Million for Medication Error: This settlement against a pharmacy was for a medical error resulting in the incorrect medication being dispensed to a pregnant mother. Their negligence resulted in her child developing a neural tube defect, which caused paraplegia and other severe injuries.
- $13 Million for Poor Postoperative Care: A US government-employed medical provider’s negligence resulted in this settlement for a patient who received poor postoperative care, causing cerebral palsy and brain damage.
JJS will investigate the facts surrounding the medical injury during the preparation of the case to determine which—and how many—parties are responsible, as well as the extent of the damages to include in the malpractice lawsuit.
- Past and future medical costs
- Costs of additional care
- Adaptive housing and transportation
- Supplemental care
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages after your injury
- Loss of quality of life
- Lost wage-earning capacity
Local Resources for Victims of Medical Malpractice in Little Rock, AR
Victims of medical malpractice often require ongoing supportive care and community assistance, especially while awaiting the resolution of a malpractice case.
- Arkansas State Medical Board: To file a complaint against a medical practitioner in Arkansas, a letter of complaint must be mailed or faxed to the medical board.
- Arkansas Department of Health: Specific complaints about medical facilities, such as long-term care facilities, surgical centers, nursing homes, and hospitals can also be filed with the state online or by mail.
- AR Department of Disability Services: Medicaid-eligible victims of medical malpractice may apply for home- and community-based services, including supportive living, access to primary care services, and developmental day treatment.
- Family Caregiver Support in Arkansas: Caregivers of those who have been catastrophically injured often need support to navigate their new role. Arkansas offers regional support groups, grants, and respite programs to caregivers.
Locations We Serve
Janet, Janet & Suggs is proud to offer representation for families across the country, including Little Rock and elsewhere in Arkansas, Maryland, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia, and Washington, D.C. We represent clients in these states as well as on a case-by-case basis in courtrooms across other states.
JJS’ commitment to providing legal representation to those who have been harmed by others’ negligent or grievous actions has earned our attorneys the highest recognition for ethical conduct and professional excellence for our work in a variety of practice areas.
- Birth injuries
- Brain injuries
- Cancer misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis
- Cerebral palsy
- Defective pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Military medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence
- Organ damage
- Sexual abuse
- Surgical errors
- Wrongful death
Why Choose Janet, Janet & Suggs for Little Rock, AR, Malpractice Cases?
JJS’ knowledge and resources allow us to litigate complex cases aggressively, working to get answers and fair compensation for the harm caused to victims. We work toward the most successful resolution for each case, whether that is a toughly negotiated settlement or a favorable jury verdict.
Our track record of record-breaking verdicts and settlements is just one sign of our success in fighting for clients’ financial recovery. JJS has also been recognized by a number of leading organizations including Best Lawyers®, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, AV Preeminent ratings by Martindale-Hubbell, and as one of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Law Firms. Many of our attorneys are also listed as Super Lawyers®. These successes reflect our sole commitment to fighting for our clients to have a secure future after being harmed by medical malpractice. Contact the medical malpractice team at Janet, Janet & Suggs today for a free, no-obligation consultation.