We Are Bridgeport, CT, Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- More Than $3 Billion Secured for Our Clients
- Thousands of Lives Changed
Victims of medical malpractice in the Bridgeport area need to be certain they can rely on getting legal representation from a law firm that is experienced, resourceful, and tough—a malpractice team able to litigate for the maximum financial recovery. Janet, Janet & Suggs’ (JJS) medical malpractice division understands survivors of medical malpractice deserve this compassionate, dedicated legal support, and they deliver it with dignity and respect. The malpractice lawyers of JJS are experienced professionals who know how to navigate the complex process of malpractice recovery.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation!
What Should Medical Malpractice Victims Look for in a Bridgeport, CT, Medical Malpractice Attorney?
JJS offers decades of malpractice legal experience in delivering historic justice for people who have been harmed in catastrophic medical injury cases. Whether the malpractice is a result of negligence, recklessness, or outright misconduct, these cases are not easy on the plaintiffs, and they are rarely resolved quickly. Medical providers and their lawyers often try to wear down victims during the legal process, using it as a strategy to avoid responsibility and big payouts. Because of these tactics, medical malpractice lawsuits are difficult on those who have been injured, as well as their families. This is why victims need to feel confident that they will receive personal attention and long-term support from their legal team.
For over 40 years, JJS has used its legal and medical knowledge to advocate for injured clients. This begins with a thorough investigation of the circumstances of each case—in previous cases, JJS’ investigative process has led to discovering evidence other attorneys have missed. As is needed in these tough cases, JJS enlists leading industry experts to review and examine clients’ injuries and build strong cases on their behalf.
- Investigating the evidence. JJS’ malpractice team has the medical knowledge and investigative resources needed to understand what the evidence of injury shows, as well as what additional evidence is needed to demonstrate the full extent of the injury. When JJS builds a malpractice case, we pursue the truth using our network of trusted allies. This means medical malpractice victims have the opportunity to seek damages for their injuries along with answers about what—and who—caused those injuries.
- Calculating the damages. Experienced medical malpractice attorneys like those at JJS have a deep understanding of the full implications of the medical and financial needs of those who have been injured by medical error. In building a case that seeks to recover the full extent of damages stemming from the negligence, JJS uses a variety of invaluable resources, such as our in-house medical experts.
Medical malpractice law firms must also have the financial resources to last the fight when it comes to the pursuit of fair compensation for damages, no matter how long it takes. Major malpractice cases for complex and catastrophic injury can take years. Inexperienced and underfunded malpractice firms often encourage settlements that are unfairly low early on because their team is not financially equipped to take these cases to trial on a contingency basis.
How Can Janet, Janet & Suggs Help Victims of Medical Malpractice?
JJS helps victims of serious injuries resulting from medical malpractice in Bridgeport, CT, by persisting in the pursuit of damages for serious injuries, which are often extensive and difficult for an inexperienced legal team to calculate completely.
- Medical expenses. The extensive medical bills that are the consequence of medical errors are often far beyond the scope of what injured victims and their families can reasonably handle. Those who have been injured by malpractice find themselves responsible for costs of inpatient treatment, surgeries, emergency room visits, medication, medical devices, rehabilitative care, and much more. This financial burden is overwhelming and often impossible to recover from. Additionally, the most serious malpractice injuries will result in a lifetime of medical care needs, including adaptive equipment, ongoing treatments, and caregiver assistance. Malpractice lawsuits can recover financial compensation for past, ongoing, and even future expenses that injured patients should never have been responsible for paying.
- Lost wages and earning capacity. Many victims of catastrophic malpractice cases, such as delayed C-section birth injuries, will never be able to earn a living. Even if the injured person is an adult at the time of injury, they may not be able to return to work, or if they are it often is in a limited capacity, especially in cases of brain injury. Medical malpractice suits can seek to recover compensation for an individual’s actual lost wages and even compensate victims for future wages that will be almost certainly lost as a result of their reduced or eliminated earning capacity.
- Non-economic damages. Filing a lawsuit when someone has been harmed by medical malpractice can also provide a way for injured people to recover damages for their non-economic losses. This includes their pain and suffering, reduced quality of life, and emotional distress, among others. The JJS team has the experience to calculate and then prove the immense value of these non-economic damages before a jury or at the settlement table.
Meet the Janet, Janet & Suggs’ Medical Malpractice Team
Howard Janet has uncovered medical mistakes that other lawyers have missed and represented clients throughout much of the country, recovering record-breaking results. He has authored multiple books, including Navigating a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit, Representing Plaintiffs in Medical Malpractice Cases as lead author and Patients’ Rights and Doctors’ Wrongs—Secrets to a Safer Pregnancy and Childbirth, which he co-authored with Dr. Giles Manley.
Ken Suggs served as president of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (now known as the American Association of Justice), the leading national plaintiff’s bar association, and has been a relentless advocate for his clients for over 40 years.
Dr. Giles Manley is a board-certified physician who practiced medicine for 20 years before becoming a medical malpractice attorney. He has won a number of seven-figure verdicts on behalf of his clients, combining his medical knowledge and legal experience to secure monumental victories for his clients.
Gerald Jowers represents patients who have been harmed by medical malpractice, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices, recovering extraordinary results for clients and their families at the settlement table and in the courtroom.
What Results Has Janet, Janet & Suggs Achieved for Its Clients?
The attorneys of JJS have been fighting for the rights of injured people by uncovering medication, hospital and doctor errors, leading class-action lawsuits against dangerous drugs, unsafe products and defective medical devices, as well as fighting for fair compensation in other types of negligence cases. Nationally recognized for their record-breaking recoveries for medical malpractice clients all across the country, JSS has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of victims in successful settlements and trial verdicts.
- $33.5 Million for Delayed C-Section: In Tennessee, a jury awarded this record-breaking verdict after determining doctors’ negligent actions in delaying a medically necessary Cesarean section resulted in the baby developing severe brain damage as well as cerebral palsy.
- $24.25 Million for Failure to Diagnose: Another record-breaking medical malpractice verdict was awarded by a Washington, D.C., jury after doctors neglected to diagnose and respond to a child’s airway obstruction, causing her to suffer preventable brain damage and cerebral palsy.
- $18 Million for Medication Error: VThis settlement against a pharmacy was for a medical error resulting in the incorrect medication being dispensed to a pregnant mother. Their negligence resulted in her child developing a neural tube defect, which caused paraplegia and other severe injuries.
- $13 Million for Poor Postoperative Care: A US government-employed medical provider’s negligence resulted in this settlement for a patient who received poor postoperative care, causing cerebral palsy and brain damage.
JJS’ medical malpractice division works to determine which—and how many—parties may be able to be found liable for the harm inflicted upon our clients. We then determine the extent of damages to include in the lawsuit based on the total impact of the injury in various areas including:
- Past and future medical costs
- Costs of additional care
- Adaptive housing and transportation
- Supplemental care
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages after your injury
- Loss of quality of life
- Lost wage-earning capacity
Local Resources for Victims of Medical Malpractice in Bridgeport, CT
Being seriously injured by medical malpractice often means needing more than basic support and care. This may include local and state community assistance, especially while awaiting the resolution of a malpractice case.
- Connecticut Department of Health: This website provides guidance for filing a professional licensing complaint against a Bridgeport, CT, health professional or facility.
- Acquired Brain Injury Services: This state program serves to facilitate person-centered support and empowerment for individuals living with acquired brain injury.
- Bridgeport Disability Resources: This portal provides access to city, county, and state resources for persons living with various disabilities.
Locations We Serve
JJS is proud to offer representation for families across the country, including Bridgeport and elsewhere in Connecticut, Maryland, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia, and Washington, D.C., as well as on a case-by-case basis in courtrooms across other states.
When people have been harmed by the providers they entrusted their care to, they deserve to have legal representation. At JJS, we apply the same principle to others who have suffered injuries in a variety of circumstances, including:
- Defective medical products
- Defective products
- Military medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence
- Organ damage
- Sexual abuse
- Surgical errors
- Wrongful death
Why Choose Janet, Janet & Suggs for Bridgeport, CT, Malpractice Cases?
With JJS’s decades of experience, team of knowledgeable lawyers and medical experts, and access to substantial resources, we can aggressively litigate against negligent providers and institutions. We work to get our clients the answers and fair compensation they will need to have the best quality of life possible after being seriously harmed by their medical providers. However, this history of record-breaking verdicts and settlements is only one sign of our continued success in obtaining justice for our clients.
We have also been recognized by a variety of leading organizations, including Best Lawyers®, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, AV Preeminent ratings by Martindale-Hubbell, and as one of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Law Firms. Many of our attorneys are also listed as Super Lawyers®. These accolades from leading organizations reflect our continued commitment to working toward securing our clients’ futures when they have been significantly harmed by medical malpractice. Contact the medical malpractice team at Janet, Janet & Suggs today for a free, no-obligation consultation.