We Are Philadelphia Personal Injury Attorneys
Few things cause as much distress as injury or suffering from the reckless or negligent actions of another. If you or a loved one has been a victim of negligence or malpractice — whether from an individual or corporation — you need trusted counsel to help ensure that your rights are protected.
As a nationally recognized personal injury legal firm, Janet, Janet & Suggs is here to fight for justice while you focus on your recovery. Our legal team is experienced in dealing with sensitive issues such as medical malpractice, birth injury and sexual abuse. We pride ourselves in providing compassionate representation to personal injury victims in the Philadelphia area.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation!
No two cases are the same. At JJS, our goal is to provide superior legal representation to our clients when they need it most. We work tirelessly to seek justice and compensation for clients of cases around issues including:
Nothing can prepare you for the devastating news of a birth injury — and the consequences for the baby and family can last a lifetime. For 40 years, our team has advocated on behalf of families who have been harmed during the birthing process — and recovered hundreds of millions in damages.
Children diagnosed with cerebral palsy as a result of mismanaged labor or delivery often require a lifetime of medical and personal care. And, of course, this diagnosis can be devastating for families and parents. We believe that every parent has a right to safe medical care — and we will work hard to help you seek the compensation you deserve if your child has been the victim of medical negligence.
Reporting a case of sexual abuse can be extremely difficult for survivors, but JJS is here to be your advocate in seeking justice and the compensation you deserve. We are sensitive to the needs of sexual abuse survivors, offering compassionate counsel and an unwavering commitment to your case.
Few things are as traumatic as an abuse at the hands of a trusted religious leader or clergy member, particularly when you believe that your church may have attempted to cover up the abuse. Our lawyers were some of the first to stand up for victims of the Catholic Church, and we consider ourselves passionate defenders for the rights of those harmed by institutional abuse. Let us help you with your case.
Unlike other states, there is currently no cap on economic or non-economic medical malpractice damages in Pennsylvania — including compensation for things such as pain and suffering. As a result, JJS is able to seek compensation for all financial losses that were caused by the negligence of those responsible for your injury.
Active duty service members and their families often do not have as much choice when it comes to choosing medical care — and up until recently, they had little recourse if they felt a military practitioner committed malpractice. However, new legislation is making it possible for many families harmed by negligent military medical providers to bring action against those parties. We can help you in the fight.
Notable Settlements and Verdicts for Philadelphia-Area Medical Malpractice and Sexual Abuse Victims
The Philadelphia office of JJS has helped hundreds of Pennsylvanians pursue justice against sexual abusers and negligent medical practitioners. Here are just a few of our most notable cases and achievements on behalf of survivors and victims.
- Penn State Sexual Abuse Case. JJS managing partner Howard Janet’s high-profile sexual abuse cases include a confidential settlement in litigation against Penn State University for the misconduct of former football assistant coach Jerry Sandusky. We’re proud that we were not only able to secure compensation for our client harmed by Sandusky’s serial abuse, but that our team also made it more difficult for victims to be harmed by similar behavior in the future.
- Pennsylvania Catholic Church Abuse. Richard M. Serbin, who heads our Sexual Abuse Division, has assisted the Pennsylvania Attorney General’s office in identifying over 100 child predators in churches across the state and provided expert testimony to the 40th Pennsylvania Statewide Investigating Grand Jury as they investigated abuses by the Catholic Church in six separate PA diocese.
Resources for Pennsylvania Victims and Survivors
We know that legal guidance is not the only thing victims and survivors need as they navigate a way forward with their lives. We strive to help victims manage every aspect of their recovery, including providing them with recommendations of much-needed sources of support such as the following organizations and programs.
- Philadelphia Sexual Assault Response Center (PSARC). PSARC helps victims obtain forensic and medical care, including preventative care, after an assault.
- Philadelphia Department of Justice Victims of Domestic, Sexual and Child Abuse Services. Along with connecting you to law enforcement, this program also refers victims to legal, healthcare and mental health providers and other services throughout the city.
- Pennsylvania Department of State Complaint Filing System. This online tool allows you to initiate a complaint against a medical provider, which is necessary to begin the state’s investigation into instances of medical malpractice.
Looking for a Philadelpha, PA Personal Injury Lawyer?
As a national law firm with a decades-long track record, our devoted team is known for taking on the tough cases — and winning. If you or a loved one has suffered as the victim of someone else’s negligence, we’re here to champion the justice you deserve and the compensation you need. Contact us for a free consultation to discuss your case. We’ll advocate for your legal rights so that you can focus on healing.
1500 Market Street
12th Floor, East Tower
Philadelphia, PA 19102