We Are Atlanta, GA, Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- More Than $3 Billion Secured for Our Clients
- Thousands of Lives Changed
Victims of medical malpractice in the Atlanta area need legal representation from a firm that is experienced, resourceful, and dedicated to litigating for maximum financial recovery. The medical malpractice division of Janet, Janet & Suggs (JJS) offers representation that delivers compassionate, dedicated legal support, maintaining clients’ dignity through a difficult process. When victims of medical errors partner with JJS, they will get experienced professionals who know how to navigate the complex process of medical malpractice recovery. JJS treats their clients as they would want their own family treated—with the respect and personal attention they deserve.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation.
What Should Medical Malpractice Victims Look for in an Atlanta, GA, Medical Malpractice Attorney?
JJS’s medical malpractice lawyers have decades of malpractice legal experience in delivering historic justice for people who have been harmed in major medical injury cases. Whether the malpractice was the result of a provider’s negligence, recklessness, or outright misconduct, these cases are not easy, and are rarely resolved quickly. During the legal process, healthcare providers and their lawyers often try to wear down those who have been injured, using delay tactics as a strategy to avoid facing responsibility.
Because of these stall tactics and other strategies used to make cases difficult, medical malpractice lawsuits are stressful on those who have been injured. This is why victims of medical malpractice need to feel confident that they have partnered with a firm that will give them personal attention and support throughout the duration of the case.
For over 40 years, JJS’s medical malpractice division has used its legal and medical experience to advocate for its clients. This advocacy begins with a thorough investigation of the circumstances of each case—in some previous cases successfully resolved by our firm, JJS’s investigative process has led to discovering evidence that other attorneys missed. In working toward recovery, JJS enlists leading industry experts to review and examine clients’ injuries and build strong cases.
- Investigating the evidence. JJS’s team has the medical knowledge and investigative resources, including our network of trusted allies, needed to find evidence of catastrophic injury, understand what the evidence of injury shows, and demonstrate the full extent of the injury.
- Calculating the damages. Experienced medical malpractice attorneys like the team at JJS use their deep understanding of the full implications of the medical and financial needs of those who have been injured by medical error to avoid unfair settlements. To recover the full extent of damages stemming from negligence, JJS depends on a variety of resources, including our in-house medical experts.
In addition to being able to build a strong case, medical malpractice law firms must also have the financial resources to last the fight when it comes to the pursuit of fair compensation for damages. Major malpractice cases, like those for complex and catastrophic injury, can take years. Because of this, inexperienced and underfunded malpractice firms often encourage settlements that are unfairly low early on in the process. If a firm is not financially equipped to take these cases to trial on a contingency basis, then clients may not see maximum financial recovery.
How Can Janet, Janet & Suggs Help Victims of Medical Malpractice?
JJS helps the victims of serious medical malpractice injuries in Atlanta, GA, through the pursuit of financial recovery for damages. In cases of significant injury, these damages are extensive and difficult for an inexperienced legal team to calculate thoroughly.
- Medical expenses. The medical bills that are the consequence of medical errors are often far beyond the scope of what injured victims and their families can afford, even with insurance. People who have been injured by malpractice often find themselves responsible for the costs of inpatient treatment, surgeries, emergency room visits, medication, medical devices, rehabilitative care, and much more. This hardship can be overwhelming and often impossible to recover from financially. Additionally, serious malpractice injuries can result in a lifetime of medical and assistance needs, including adaptive equipment, ongoing treatments, and caregiver support. Filing suit against negligent practitioners can help clients recover financial compensation for past, current, and even future anticipated expenses.
- Lost wage-earning capacity. Many victims of catastrophic malpractice, such as delayed C-section birth injuries, will never be able to earn a living to support themselves. Those who are injured as adults may not be able to return to work, or if they are able to it is often in a limited or modified capacity, especially in cases of brain injury. Medical malpractice lawsuits can recover compensation for actual lost wages, and they can even compensate victims for future wages that will be lost as a result of their reduced or eliminated earning capacity.
- Non-economic damages. When someone has been harmed by medical malpractice, filing a claim against the providers or institutions responsible offers a way for injured people to recover damages for their non-economic losses. These damages can include an injured person’s pain and suffering, reduced quality of life, and emotional distress. JJS’s medical malpractice division has the experience and resources to prove the immense value of these kinds of non-economic damages in front of a jury or at the settlement table.
Meet the Janet, Janet & Suggs’ Medical Malpractice Team
Howard Janet has uncovered medical mistakes that other lawyers have missed and represented clients throughout much of the country, recovering record-breaking results. He has authored multiple books, including Navigating a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit, Representing Plaintiffs in Medical Malpractice Cases as lead author and Patients’ Rights and Doctors’ Wrongs—Secrets to a Safer Pregnancy and Childbirth, which he co-authored with Dr. Giles Manley.
Ken Suggs served as president of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (now known as the American Association for Justice), the leading national plaintiff’s bar association, and has been a relentless advocate for his clients for over 40 years.
Dr. Giles Manley is a board-certified physician who practiced medicine for 20 years before becoming a medical malpractice attorney. He has won a number of seven-figure verdicts on behalf of his clients, combining his medical knowledge and legal experience to secure monumental victories for his clients.
Gerald Jowers represents patients who have been harmed by medical malpractice, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices, recovering extraordinary results for clients and their families at the settlement table and in the courtroom.
What Results Has Janet, Janet & Suggs Achieved for Our Clients?
For decades, the attorneys of JJS have been fighting for the rights of injured people. They do this by uncovering medication, hospital, and doctor errors, and by leading class-action lawsuits against dangerous drugs, unsafe products, and defective medical devices. As a firm that is nationally recognized for record-breaking recoveries across the country, JSS has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of injured victims in successful settlements and trial verdicts.
- $33.5 Million for Delayed C-Section: In Tennessee, a jury awarded this record-breaking verdict after determining doctors’ negligent actions in delaying a medically necessary Cesarean section resulted in the baby developing severe brain damage as well as cerebral palsy.
- $24.25 Million for Failure to Diagnose: Another record-breaking medical malpractice verdict was awarded by a Washington, D.C., jury after doctors neglected to diagnose and respond to a child’s airway obstruction, causing her to suffer preventable brain damage and cerebral palsy.
- $18 Million for Medication Error: This settlement against a pharmacy was for a medical error resulting in the incorrect medication being dispensed to a pregnant mother. Their negligence resulted in her child developing a neural tube defect, which caused paraplegia and other severe injuries.
- $13 Million for Poor Postoperative Care: A US government-employed medical provider’s negligence resulted in this settlement for a patient who received poor postoperative care, causing cerebral palsy and brain damage.
Local Resources for Victims of Medical Malpractice in Atlanta, GA
Those who are seriously injured by medical malpractice often need more than just basic support and medical care. This extensive care may mean reaching out for local and state community assistance, especially while awaiting the resolution of a malpractice case.
- Georgia Composite Medical Board: This website provides guidance for filing a professional licensing complaint against an Atlanta, GA, health professional or facility.
- Georgia Disability Resources and Advocacy Organizations: This state program serves to connect those with brain injuries and other disabilities with community resources.
- Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation: For those who may be able to work in a limited capacity to stay active and engaged, the state vocational rehab program can help.
Locations We Serve
JJS is proud to offer representation for families across the country, including Atlanta and elsewhere in Georgia, Maryland, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia, and Washington, D.C.. JJS also practices on a case-by-case basis in courtrooms across other states.
When people have been harmed by the providers they entrusted their care to, they deserve to have legal representation. At JJS, we apply the same principle to others who have suffered injuries in a variety of circumstances.
- Defective medical products
- Defective products
- Military medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence
- Organ damage
- Sexual abuse
- Surgical errors
- Wrongful death
Why Choose Janet, Janet & Suggs for Atlanta, GA, Malpractice Cases?
JJS aggressively litigates against negligent providers and institutions, putting our decades of experience and extensive resources to work for victims of medical malpractice. We work hard to get our clients answers and fair compensation. However, our history of record-breaking verdicts and settlements is just one indication of our continued successes in getting our clients justice.
We also have been recognized by a variety of leading organizations, including Best Lawyers®, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, AV Preeminent ratings by Martindale-Hubbell, and as one of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Law Firms. Many of our attorneys are also listed as Super Lawyers®. These recognitions from leading organizations reflect our continued commitment to working toward securing our clients’ futures when they have been harmed by medical malpractice. Contact the medical malpractice team at Janet Janet & Suggs today for a free, no-obligation consultation.