We Are Pittsburgh, PA, Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- More Than $3 Billion Won for Our Clients
- Thousands of Lives Changed
Pittsburgh medical malpractice victims need to know they can rely on representation from a law firm that is experienced, resourceful, and tough—a team that is able to litigate for maximum financial recovery for the injuries caused by medical error. The medical malpractice division of Janet, Janet & Suggs (JJS) understands survivors of medical malpractice in Pittsburgh, PA deserve compassionate legal support that is delivered with dignity and respect by professionals who know how to navigate the complex process of catastrophic medical malpractice recovery.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation!
What Should Medical Malpractice Victims Look for in a Pittsburgh, PA, Medical Malpractice Attorney?
JJS offers decades of experience in delivering historic justice for those impacted by catastrophic medical injury as a result of negligence, recklessness, or outright misconduct. These kinds of serious malpractice cases are not easy on the plaintiffs, and they are rarely resolved quickly. Defendants often try to wear down victims during the process of seeking financial recovery as a strategy for avoiding big payouts. Because of this, medical malpractice lawsuits are often difficult for those who have been injured, and why victims need to be confident that they will receive long-term support from their legal team.
We use our extensive legal and medical knowledge to advocate for our clients, starting with conducting a thorough investigation of each case—in previous cases, JJS’ thorough investigation process has led to discovering evidence other attorneys have missed in their review of clients’ cases. JJS enlists leading industry experts to help understand clients’ injuries and build strong cases on their behalf.
- Uncovering the evidence. There is no case without the evidence to prove it, and JJS’ medical malpractice team has the medical knowledge and investigative resources needed to uncover the truth. When JJS builds a malpractice case, we pursue the truth, proving the extent of victims’ injuries and the negligence that caused it. Using our network of trusted allies in medical negligence cases, malpractice victims have a chance to seek both damages for their injuries and answers to any lingering questions about what happened to them.
- Calculating the damages. Experienced medical malpractice attorneys have a deep understanding of the full extent of the medical and financial needs of victims and their families. In building a case that presents the full scope of the damages stemming from the injury, JJS enlists a variety of invaluable resources, including our in-house medical experts.
Medical malpractice law firms must also have the financial resources to pursue fair compensation for damages, no matter how long it takes. Major malpractice cases can take years to resolve, and inexperienced, underfunded firms often encourage unfair settlements needlessly early on because the firm is not financially equipped to take these cases to trial on contingency.
How Can Janet, Janet & Suggs Help Victims of Medical Malpractice?
JJS helps victims of serious injuries resulting from medical malpractice in Pittsburgh, PA, by working to recover the extensive damages that result from these injuries.
- Medical expenses. The vast medical bills that follow medical errors are generally devastating to victims’ families. Being responsible for costs of inpatient treatment, surgeries, emergency room visits, medication, and medical devices, rehabilitative care, and much more, is overwhelming and often impossible to recover from financially. Additionally, the most serious malpractice injuries result in a lifetime of medical needs, which can include adaptive equipment and ongoing treatments or assistance. Malpractice lawsuits can recover financial compensation for past, ongoing, and even future expenses that injured patients should never have been responsible for paying.
- Lost wages and earning capacity. Many victims of catastrophic malpractice cases will never be able to earn a living to support themselves. If the injured person is an adult at the time of injury, they may be able to return to work, but it often is in a limited capacity, especially in cases of brain injury. Medical malpractice claims can recover compensation both for the actual amount of lost wages as well as compensate victims for future wages that will be almost certainly lost as a result of victims’ reduced or eliminated earning capacity or ongoing medical issues.
- Non-economic losses. Medical malpractice lawsuits also provide a way for injured people to recover damages for their non-economic losses, such as pain and suffering, reduced quality of life, and emotional distress. JJS has the experience to properly calculate and prove the immense value of these non-economic damages when determining the clients’ fair compensation.
Meet the Leaders of Janet, Janet & Suggs’ Medical Malpractice Division
Howard Janet has uncovered medical mistakes that other lawyers have missed and represented clients throughout much of the country, recovering record-breaking results. He has authored multiple books, including Navigating a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit, Representing Plaintiffs in Medical Malpractice Cases (lead author), and Patients’ Rights and Doctors’ Wrongs—Secrets to a Safer Pregnancy and Childbirth, which he co-authored with JJS’s Dr. Giles Manley.
Ken Suggs served as president of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (now known as American Association of Justice), the leading national plaintiff’s bar association, and has been a relentless advocate for his clients for over 40 years.
Dr. Giles Manley is a board-certified physician who practiced medicine for 20 years before becoming a medical malpractice attorney. He has won a number of seven-figure verdicts on behalf of his clients, combining his medical knowledge and legal experience to secure monumental victories for his clients.
Gerald Jowers represents patients who have been harmed by medical malpractice, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices, recovering extraordinary results for clients and their families at the settlement table and in the courtroom.
What Results Has JJS Achieved for Our Clients?
Nationally recognized for our record-breaking recoveries for clients all across the country, JSS has recovered millions on behalf of victims of medical malpractice in successful settlements and trial verdicts.
- $33.5 Million for Delayed C-Section: In Tennessee, a jury awarded this record-breaking verdict after determining doctors’ negligent actions in delaying a medically necessary Cesarean section resulted in the baby developing severe brain damage as well as cerebral palsy.
- $24.25 Million for Failure to Diagnose: Another record-breaking medical malpractice verdict was awarded by a District of Columbia jury after doctors neglected to diagnose and respond to a child’s airway obstruction, causing her to suffer preventable brain damage and cerebral palsy.
- $18 Million for Medication Error: This settlement against a pharmacy was for a medical error resulting in the incorrect medication being dispensed to a pregnant mother. Their negligence resulted in her child developing a neural tube defect, which caused paraplegia and other severe injuries.
- $13 Million for Poor Postoperative Care: A US government-employed medical provider’s negligence resulted in this settlement for a patient who received poor postoperative care, causing cerebral palsy and brain damage.
Through our careful investigative process, JJS’ medical malpractice team works to determine which—and how many—parties may be found liable for the harm inflicted upon our clients, and we then determine the extent of damages to include in the lawsuit.
- Past and future medical costs
- Costs of additional care
- Adaptive transportation and housing
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages after your injury
- Loss of quality of life
- Lost wage-earning capacity
Local Resources for Victims of Medical Malpractice in Pittsburgh, PA
Being seriously injured by medical malpractice means needing more than basic support and care. This additional support may include local and state community assistance, especially while awaiting the resolution of a malpractice case.
- PA Department of State: This website lays out the directions for filing a professional licensing complaint against a Pittsburgh, PA health professional or facility.
- Accessible Playgrounds Directory: Here’s where clients can search to find the nearest accessible Pittsburgh playground for their children with disabilities.
- Allegheny County Resources: This site provides a portal to county and city-based resources for those with disabilities in Allegheny County.
Locations We Serve
Janet, Janet & Suggs is proud to offer representation for families across the country, including Pittsburgh and elsewhere in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and Washington, D.C. JJS also practices on a case-by-case basis in courtrooms across other states.
JJS provides the chance for legal representation to those who have been harmed by a medical provider or other trusted person or institution in a variety of practice areas.
- Defective products
- Military medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence
- Organ damage
- Sexual abuse
- Surgical errors
- Wrongful death
Why Choose Janet, Janet & Suggs for Pittsburgh, PA, Malpractice Cases?
JJS’ decades of experience, a team of knowledgeable lawyers and medical professionals, and access to substantial resources allow us to aggressively litigate against negligent providers and institutions. We work to get clients the answers and fair compensation they will need after being seriously harmed by medical providers. However, our history of record-breaking verdicts and settlements is only one sign of our continued success.
We have also been recognized by a variety of leading organizations including Best Lawyers®, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, AV Preeminent Ratings by Martindale-Hubbell, and as one of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Law Firms. Many of our attorneys are also listed as Super Lawyers®. These recognitions from leading organizations reflect success in our ongoing commitment to securing our clients’ futures after they have been seriously harmed by medical malpractice. Contact the medical malpractice team at Janet, Janet & Suggs today for a free, no-obligation consultation.
1500 Market Street
12th Floor, East Tower
Philadelphia, PA 19102