We Are Aurora, IL, Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- More Than $3 Billion Secured for Our Clients
- Thousands of Lives Changed
Victims of medical malpractice in Aurora, IL, need to know who they can turn to for help when they have been catastrophically injured by the negligence of their healthcare providers. When medical malpractice causes life-altering injuries, families can rely on dedicated, compassionate legal representation from Janet, Janet & Suggs’ (JJS) medical malpractice team.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation.
What Should Medical Malpractice Victims Look for in a Aurora, IL, Medical Malpractice Attorney?
For decades, JJS has compassionately represented those who have been harmed by malpractice, achieving historic justice in catastrophic medical injury cases across Illinois and the United States. Whether the malpractice is a result of negligence, recklessness, or outright misconduct on the part of healthcare providers, these cases are rarely easy on the plaintiffs, and they are never resolved quickly. JJS provides the long-term support victims need and deserve as they seek justice and fair compensation for their injuries. JJS is committed to the thorough investigation and tenacious representation every case requires.
- Investigating the evidence. When JJS builds a malpractice case, we pursue the truth, working closely with our network of trusted experts. Our team uses their medical knowledge and extensive investigative resources to determine and demonstrate the full extent of the injury and its damages. In fact, in a number of previous malpractice cases, JJS’s thorough investigations led to our discovery of evidence and issues other firms missed.
- Calculating the damages. The damages inflicted upon victims of medical malpractice include medical costs, but they also go far beyond that. Victims need a law firm that can both provide the resources needed to establish proof of the significant expenses that accompany malpractice injuries, and effectively prove the maximum compensation for future and non-economic damages.
Medical malpractice law firms also must have the financial resources themselves to stay the course in the pursuit of recovery. Major malpractice suits that seek to recover damages for complex and catastrophic injuries can take years to resolve, but inexperienced and underfunded malpractice firms often encourage quick, unfairly low settlements in order to wrap up cases quickly.
How Can Janet, Janet & Suggs Help Victims of Medical Malpractice?
The pursuit of damages for serious medical injuries requires an understanding of the vast impact these injuries can have on victims’ lives. These enormous bills are often far beyond the reality of what injured victims and their families can reasonably manage and typically last a lifetime.
- Medical expenses. Often, the most obvious calculable damages are the extensive medical bills that stem from medical errors. Between the costs of inpatient treatment, surgeries, emergency room visits, medication, medical devices, rehabilitative care, and more, medical malpractice creates a lifelong financial burden for victims.
- Lost wages and earning capacity. Medical malpractice cases often seek to recover compensation for an individual’s lost wages or even compensate victims for future wages that will be almost certainly lost as a result of their reduced or eliminated earning capacity.
- Non-economic damages. Non-economic losses are also accounted for in malpractice cases. These include victims’ pain and suffering, reduced quality of life, and emotional distress.
Meet the Janet, Janet & Suggs’ Medical Malpractice Team
Howard Janet has uncovered medical mistakes that other lawyers have missed and represented clients throughout much of the country, recovering record-breaking results. He has authored multiple books, including Navigating a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit, Representing Plaintiffs in Medical Malpractice Cases as lead author and Patients’ Rights and Doctors’ Wrongs—Secrets to a Safer Pregnancy and Childbirth, which he co-authored with Dr. Giles Manley.
Ken Suggs served as president of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (now known as the American Association for Justice), the leading national plaintiff’s bar association, and has been a relentless advocate for his clients for over 40 years.
Dr. Giles Manley is a board-certified physician who practiced medicine for 20 years before becoming a medical malpractice attorney. He has won a number of seven-figure verdicts on behalf of his clients, combining his medical knowledge and legal experience to secure monumental victories for his clients.
Gerald Jowers represents patients who have been harmed by medical malpractice, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices, recovering extraordinary results for clients and their families at the settlement table and in the courtroom.
What Results Has Janet, Janet & Suggs Achieved for Our Clients?
Nationally recognized for our record-breaking verdicts and settlements in successful recoveries for medical malpractice clients all across the country, JJS has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of victims of medical malpractice.
- $33.5 Million for Delayed C-Section: In Tennessee, a jury awarded this record-breaking verdict after determining doctors’ negligent actions in delaying a medically necessary Cesarean section resulted in the baby developing severe brain damage as well as cerebral palsy.
- $24.25 Million for Failure to Diagnose: Another record-breaking medical malpractice verdict was awarded by a Washington, D.C., jury after doctors neglected to diagnose and respond to a child’s airway obstruction, causing her to suffer preventable brain damage and cerebral palsy.
- $18 Million for Medication Error: This settlement against a pharmacy was for a medical error resulting in the incorrect medication being dispensed to a pregnant mother. Their negligence resulted in her child developing a neural tube defect, which caused paraplegia and other severe injuries.
- $13 Million for Poor Postoperative Care: A US government-employed medical provider’s negligence resulted in this settlement for a patient who received poor postoperative care, causing cerebral palsy and brain damage.
Local Resources for Victims of Medical Malpractice in Aurora, IL
While many people expect their medical insurance to cover their basic needs when they are injured by malpractice, it may not be enough. Recovering damages in a malpractice suit is one way to access the levels of necessary care, but there are also community resources available, especially while victims are awaiting the resolution of their malpractice case.
- Family Support Network of Illinois: The Family Support Network of Illinois works to uncover resources, support, and funding for those living with developmental disabilities, such as cerebral palsy.
- Illinois Department of Public Health: The Department investigates quality of care issues, such as allegations of harm to patients, abuse of patient rights, and medication errors.
- Illinois Brain Injury Support Groups: This portal provides access to support groups all over the state for those living with brain injury and their families.
Locations We Serve
JJS is proud to offer representation for families across the country, including Aurora and elsewhere in Illinois, Maryland, Iowa, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, and Washington, D.C. JJS also practices on a case-by-case basis in courtrooms across other states.
At JJS, we apply the same level of compassionate, dedicated care that governs our medical malpractice work to advocate for those who have suffered injury in a variety of practice areas.
- Birth injuries
- Brain injuries
- Cancer misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis
- Cerebral palsy
- Defective pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Military medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence
- Organ damage
- Sexual abuse
- Surgical errors
- Wrongful death
Why Choose Janet, Janet & Suggs for Aurora, IL, Malpractice Cases?
JJS’s continued support of our clients is evident by our decades of experience, our experienced team of lawyers and medical experts, and our access to substantial resources. Together, our work has resulted in historic justice for victims of malpractice, but our history of record-breaking verdicts and settlements is just one sign of our continued successes in getting our clients justice.
We have also been recognized by a variety of leading organizations including Best Lawyers®, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, AV Preeminent ratings by Martindale-Hubbell, and as one of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Law Firms. Many of our attorneys are also listed as Super Lawyers® These recognitions from leading organizations reflect our continued commitment to working toward securing our clients’ futures when they have been harmed by medical malpractice. Contact the medical malpractice team at Janet, Janet & Suggs today for a free, no-obligation consultation.
70 West Madison St.
Three First National Plaza
Chicago, IL 60602