We Are Prince George's County Medical Malpractice Lawyers
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- More Than $3 Billion Won for Our Clients
- Thousands of Lives Changed
When your medical provider falls short of their legal obligation to care for you and causes a catastrophic, life-changing injury, you need a law firm that can advocate for you every step of the way. Janet, Janet & Suggs (JJS) understands that being injured through someone else’s negligence is difficult enough, and you deserve to be represented with dignity and respect. When you partner with JJS, you are getting just that—along with decades of successfully delivering historic justice for victims of medical malpractice.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation!
What Should You Look for in a Medical Malpractice Attorney in Prince George's County, MD?
When serious injuries are involved, malpractice cases are not easy, and they are not quick. Insurance companies and the lawyers that represent medical professionals will often try to drag out cases to wear down patients who are already suffering. When choosing a medical malpractice law firm to represent you in your malpractice case and support you through the lengthy process, consider the level of support you get from your attorney. JJS does not wait until the settlement table or the courtroom to begin supporting our clients with the full extent of our knowledge, experience, and resources.
- What the evidence says. It is not enough to just be able to practice law in Prince George’s County. To provide the strongest representation, we thoroughly investigate the facts of your case and have the medical knowledge to truly understand the evidence of negligence we discover in patients’ medical records, witness interviews, and laboratory results.
- What your treatment costs. Lawyers who represent clients injured by medical practitioners must understand the scope of patients’ current and future financial needs when it comes to their medical care. In order to prepare a case that seeks to recover the appropriate amount in compensation, we make sure to enlist all possible resources when it comes to calculating the maximum recovery for your case.
- What it takes to fight all the way. Taking on big insurance companies and even healthcare organizations not only is stressful for victims of malpractice, but it can be expensive. Unless you have the disposable income to fund a big lawsuit yourself, your law firm must have the financial resources to build the strongest case possible. An inexperienced, underfunded firm may have to push clients to take unfairly low settlements early in the legal process, and may not be prepared to take a case to trial if a settlement cannot be reached.
How Can Janet, Janet & Suggs Help Victims of Medical Malpractice?
From the start, the team at Janet, Janet & Suggs will work with you to determine whether you have a case for malpractice. If you do have a valid claim, JJS can help you fight to recover financial compensation for the damages inflicted on you.
- Medical expenses. Patients should not have to be responsible for medical bills that occur as a result of malpractice injuries. That includes emergency room visits, inpatient treatment and care, additional surgeries, and outpatient care. Malpractice claims will also account for your future medical expenses.
- Loss of wages or earning capacity. Suffering injuries as a result of malpractice often affects your ability to do your job, sometimes permanently. When it does, you can seek compensation for those lost wages. In some cases, compensation is available to account for future wages you had the potential to earn had you not been a victim of malpractice.
- Non-economic losses. The law gives victims of malpractice the right to seek financial compensation for these kinds of damages, and experienced attorneys know how to best calculate the amount of compensation to seek.
Meet the Leaders of Janet, Janet & Suggs’ Medical Malpractice Division
Howard Janet has uncovered medical mistakes that other lawyers have missed and represented clients throughout much of the country, recovering record-breaking results. He has authored multiple books, including Navigating a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit, Representing Plaintiffs in Medical Malpractice Cases (lead author) and Patients’ Rights and Doctors’ Wrongs—Secrets to a Safer Pregnancy and Childbirth, which he co-authored with JJS’s Dr. Giles Manley.
Ken Suggs served as president of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (now known as American Association of Justice), the leading national plaintiff’s bar association, and has been a relentless advocate for his clients for over 40 years.
Dr. Giles Manley is a board-certified physician who practiced medicine for 20 years before becoming a medical malpractice attorney. He has won a number of seven-figure verdicts on behalf of his clients, and the value his medical knowledge and experience brings to his clients’ cases is priceless.
Gerald Jowers represents patients who have been harmed by medical malpractice, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices, recovering extraordinary results for clients and their families at the settlement table and in the courtroom.
Local Resources for Victims of Medical Malpractice in Prince George’s County, MD
The harms inflicted on victims of medical malpractice are not just financial. Severe injuries that result from negligence often require ongoing care and community assistance, especially while you await the resolution of your case.
- Maryland Department of Health Office of Health Care Quality: The State of Maryland’s system of reporting complaints about health care facilities and community-based treatment programs.
- Maryland Board of Physicians: The Board of Physicians has a system for reporting malpractice, unethical behavior, and other abuses and negligent acts by medical providers.
- Prince George’s County Medical Assistance Program: The program can help individuals and families pay for medical care, including doctor's visits, exams, prescriptions, hospital bills, Medicare premiums, and other assistance.
- Prince George’s County Disability Information & Referral: This Family Services division can provide information to victims of medical malpractice about support with accessibility equipment, day programs, employment, transportation, and more.
Locations We Serve
Janet, Janet & Suggs is proud to offer representation for families across the country, including in Maryland, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia, and Washington, DC. We also represent clients on a case-by-case basis in courtrooms across other states.
Why Choose Janet, Janet & Suggs for Your Prince George's County, MD, Malpractice Case?
The nationally recognized malpractice lawyers at JJS understand that medical malpractice results in immense physical, emotional, and financial burdens. We know we can’t take away what happened to you—and we know that financial compensation is only one part of your recovery.
JJS has the knowledge and resources a law firm needs to litigate your case aggressively and get you answers, whether through a settlement or favorable jury verdict. Rest assured that our proven track record of record-breaking verdicts and settlements is just one sign of our success in fighting for our clients’ best interests—all the way. We do not charge any upfront costs to represent our clients, and you will not pay us anything unless we get compensation for you. Contact the medical malpractice lawyers at JJS today for a free, no-obligation consultation.