We Are Burlington, VT, Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- More Than $3 Billion Secured for Our Clients
- Thousands of Lives Changed
Janet, Janet & Suggs’ (JJS) medical malpractice division knows that Burlington victims of medical malpractice deserve a law firm that is tough on defendants but delivers compassionate, dedicated legal support to victims. When those who have been injured partner with JJS, they will have the opportunity to work with experienced professionals who know how to navigate the complex process of medical malpractice recovery while treating clients with dignity and respect.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation.
What Should People Who Have Been Injured Look for in an Burlington, VT, Medical Malpractice Attorney?
Medical malpractice legal teams need to be experienced, resourceful, and tough—able to litigate for the maximum financial recovery through a strong case and steadfast determination to resolve the case fairly. JJS offers decades of malpractice legal experience in delivering historic justice for people who have been harmed in catastrophic medical malpractice cases. Whether the malpractice was the result of negligence, recklessness, or outright misconduct, these cases are not easy on the plaintiffs, and they are rarely resolved quickly. This is why victims need to have reason to be confident they will receive personal attention and long-term support from their law firm.
For over 40 years, JJS has used our legal and medical knowledge to successfully advocate for our clients in tough cases against some of the biggest and most prestigious organizations in the nation. Our successful crafting of malpractice cases begins with our thorough investigation of the circumstances of each injury.
- Investigating the evidence. JJS’s malpractice team has the medical knowledge, legal experience, and investigative resources needed to read into what the existing evidence of injury shows, as well as what additional evidence is needed to demonstrate the full extent of the injury and what caused it.
- Calculating the damages. Lawyers at experienced medical malpractice firms like JJS have a deep understanding of the full implications of the medical and financial needs of those who have been injured by medical errors. In building a case that seeks to recover the full extent of damages stemming from medical negligence, our team relies on invaluable resources, like our in-house medical experts.
Our investigations into clients’ injuries have led to the discovery of evidence that previous law firms on the case missed, which can increase both the strength of the case and the amount of damages recovered.
However important the legal legwork is in crafting a case, firms must also have the financial resources to last the fight when it comes to the pursuit of fair compensation for damages, no matter how long it takes to resolve. Major malpractice cases for complex and catastrophic injury can take years. If a firm is not financially equipped to take these cases to trial on a contingency basis, then inexperienced and underfunded malpractice firms may encourage settlements that are unfairly low.
How Can Janet, Janet & Suggs Help Victims of Medical Malpractice?
JJS helps victims of serious medical malpractice injuries by thoroughly documenting and calculating the full extent of damages sought.
Meet the Janet, Janet & Suggs’ Medical Malpractice Team
Howard Janet has uncovered medical mistakes that other lawyers have missed and represented clients throughout much of the country, recovering record-breaking results. He has authored multiple books, including Navigating a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit, Representing Plaintiffs in Medical Malpractice Cases as lead author and Patients’ Rights and Doctors’ Wrongs—Secrets to a Safer Pregnancy and Childbirth, which he co-authored with Dr. Giles Manley.
Ken Suggs served as president of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (now known as the American Association of Justice), the leading national plaintiff’s bar association, and has been a relentless advocate for his clients for over 40 years.
Dr. Giles Manley is a board-certified physician who practiced medicine for 20 years before becoming a medical malpractice attorney. He has won a number of seven-figure verdicts on behalf of his clients, combining his medical knowledge and legal experience to secure monumental victories for his clients.
Gerald Jowers represents patients who have been harmed by medical malpractice, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices, recovering extraordinary results for clients and their families at the settlement table and in the courtroom.
What Results Has Janet, Janet & Suggs Achieved for Our Clients?
Nationally recognized because of our record-breaking recoveries for medical malpractice clients all across the country, JSS has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of victims of medical malpractice in successful settlements and trial verdicts.
- $33.5 Million for Delayed C-Section: In Tennessee, a jury awarded this record-breaking verdict after determining doctors’ negligent actions in delaying a medically necessary Cesarean section resulted in the baby developing severe brain damage as well as cerebral palsy.
- $24.25 Million for Failure to Diagnose: Another record-breaking medical malpractice verdict was awarded by a District of Columbia jury after doctors neglected to diagnose and respond to a child’s airway obstruction, causing her to suffer preventable brain damage and cerebral palsy.
- $18 Million for Medication Error: This settlement against a pharmacy was for a medical error resulting in the incorrect medication being dispensed to a pregnant mother. Their negligence resulted in her child developing a neural tube defect, which caused paraplegia and other severe injuries.
- $13 Million for Poor Postoperative Care: A US government-employed medical provider’s negligence resulted in this settlement for a patient who received poor postoperative care, causing cerebral palsy and brain damage.
However, this history of record-breaking verdicts and settlements is only one sign of our continued successes in getting clients justice.
We have also been recognized by a variety of leading organizations, including Best Lawyers®, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, AV Preeminent ratings by Martindale-Hubbell, and as one of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Law Firms. Many of our attorneys are also listed as Super Lawyers®. These recognitions from leading organizations reflect our continued commitment to working toward securing our clients’ futures when they have been harmed by medical malpractice.
Local Resources for Victims of Medical Malpractice in Burlington, VT
Being seriously injured by medical malpractice often means needing more than basic support and care provided by a family member. This may include local and state community assistance, especially while awaiting the resolution of a malpractice case.
- Vermont Department of Health: This website provides guidance for filing a professional licensing complaint against a Burlington, VT, medical professional.
- Brain Injury Association of Vermont: This program serves to facilitate person-centered support and empowerment for individuals living with brain injury and their caregivers.
- Vermont Assistive Technology Program: VATP provides support with assistive technology to individuals with disabilities and other relevant entities. This includes referrals, training, equipment and software demonstrations, tryouts, and technical assistance.
Locations We Serve
JJS is proud to offer representation for families across the country, including in Burlington and elsewhere in Vermont, Maryland, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia, and Washington, D.C. JJS also practices on a case-by-case basis in courtrooms across other states.
At JJS, we apply the same core principles of compassion and dedication to others who have suffered injuries in other practice areas including:
- Defective medical products
- Defective products
- Military medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence
- Organ damage
- Sexual abuse
- Surgical errors
- Wrongful death
Why Choose Janet, Janet & Suggs for Burlington, VT, Medical Malpractice Cases?
JJS’s experience and access to substantial resources allow us to aggressively litigate against negligent providers and institutions when clients deserve answers. JJS works to get clients the answers and fair compensation they need to have the best quality of life possible after being severely harmed by their medical providers. Contact the medical malpractice team at Janet, Janet & Suggs today for a free, no-obligation consultation.