We Are Washington, D.C., Personal Injury Attorneys
With Janet, Janet & Suggs on your side, you know you'll have a team of attorneys who will work tirelessly to give your case the attention it deserves. You should never feel alone in your fight for justice after you or a member of your family has experienced sexual abuse or medical malpractice. Our team at JJS includes former doctors and nurses who have extensive experience and knowledge in the medical field.
No matter the nature of your case, you can feel confident in the personalized attention and care that JJS will give you and your family. We've fought for victims' rights in cases of:
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation!
The birth of your child should be a joyous occasion, but if a medical professional makes a mistake during the labor and delivery process, you may have the right to recover compensation to ensure that you can care for your child and your family. The birth injury lawyers at JJS will investigate the circumstances of your child's birth and determine how best to protect your rights during this traumatic experience.
A cerebral palsy diagnosis can be devastating and unexpected, especially when the events that caused CP were preventable. JJS attorneys will work to determine what caused your child's CP and will fight hard for the compensation you need to care for your child for life.
The Sexual Abuse team at Janet, Janet & Suggs has spent decades representing survivors of sexual abuse and assault in complex cases against churches, organizations, and large corporations who often shelter abusers while ignoring victims. Our attorneys provide you with the advocacy you need to hold the necessary parties responsible for the abuse you suffered and seek compensation for your trauma.
Confronting sexual abusers from a trusted religious organization can be even more challenging, which is why the lawyers at JJS are prepared to work hard on behalf of survivors harmed by a clergy member. We can help you hold your abuser and the entities that enabled them responsible for their actions. The attorneys at JJS have worked to bring the abuse and coverup from religious organizations to light.
You may deserve compensation if you or a member of your family has suffered from the negligence of a medical professional or misdiagnosis of your injury, disease or condition. The Washington, D.C., medical malpractice lawyers at JJS understand your rights and options and will work tirelessly on your behalf.
Bringing a claim against a large federal agency like a branch of the armed services can be daunting, but our lawyers are ready to stand up to the challenge. If you or your child has been injured due to negligent military medical providers, you deserve to be compensated for your pain, suffering and expenses. We can help you with the fight.
Notable Victories for Washington, D.C.-area Medical Malpractice and Sexual Abuse Victims
JJS advocates for and represents victims all throughout Washington, D.C. We have worked with clients on their cases and helped them to receive the compensation they deserve for their medical malpractice at the hands of those they gave their trust to.
- Misdiagnosis. JJS secured one of the largest wins for a medical malpractice case in Washington, D.C., when a child suffered from brain damage and cerebral palsy after doctors misdiagnosed an airway obstruction and therefore failed to correctly treat the child.
- Medical Malpractice. Our team won a $5.5 million settlement in the case of a minor gynecological procedure that left a woman in a vegetative state after her doctor failed to respond to complications from anesthesia.
Resources for Washington, D.C., Victims and Survivors
JJS is committed to securing justice for their clients and making sure that you feel empowered and in charge of your case against the abusers or doctors who have misdiagnosed or mistreated you. If you have been the victim of sexual misconduct, we want to point you to the resources you need.
- Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN). RAINN is the largest organization fighting against sexual violence in the nation. They run the National Sexual Assault Hotline and the DoD Safe Helpline for the Department of Defense. RAINN has helped over 3 million survivors and their families by creating programs to prevent sexual violence, help the survivors of sexual violence, and work with the justice system to empower and defend victims and survivors.
- DC Rape Crisis Center (DCRCC). The DC Rape Crisis Center is the sexual assault coalition for the District of Columbia and the oldest rape crisis center in the country. They work to create a culture of consent where sexual abuse victims feel supported and empowered to speak up about their experiences.
- DC Coalition to End Sexual Violence (DCCESV). This organization is committed to working with professionals and service providers in the District of Columbia to provide education, training, and advocacy to victim-survivors. They also aim to change policy by submitting legislation changes that are focused on helping the community and victim-survivors.
Contact a Washington, D.C., Medical Malpractice and Sexual Abuse Attorney Today for a Consultation
Janet, Janet & Suggs has represented victim-survivors in Washington, D.C., for more than 40 years. We want to make sure that victims and their families have a secure future to look forward to, and we'll work relentlessly to protect your rights and bring your abuser or medical malpractice doctor to justice. Contact us today for a free case consultation and evaluation to discuss your needs and what we may be able to do for you.
1725 I Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20006