We Are Seattle, WA, Birth Injury Attorneys
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- More Than $3 Billion Secured for Our Clients
- Thousands of Lives Changed
People harmed by preventable birth injuries in Seattle, Washington, need representation from a dedicated, skilled, and experienced medical malpractice law firm that understands the sensitive nature—and high stakes—of their cases. The birth injury division of Janet, Janet & Suggs (JJS) treats birth injury victims with professionalism, compassion, and dignity throughout the recovery process.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation.
What Should People Who Have Been Injured Look for in a Seattle, WA, Birth Injury Attorney?
Our legal team has over four decades of experience delivering historic justice for victims of birth injury across the country. Whether injuries are the result of negligence, recklessness, or outright misconduct, these cases are never easy on those who have been harmed by their healthcare providers. The most severe birth injury cases require a team that can investigate and assess the negligence in order to secure a successful verdict or settlement.
- Gathering the evidence. The initial phase of any birth injury case begins with the pursuit of the truth, especially if those responsible have worked to conceal it. We partner with our network of trusted experts and investigators to uncover the events that led to the injury, working to gather all evidence through our own thorough investigative process, even discovering evidence and injuries missed by previous law firms.
- Calculating the damages. Part of building a case for victims is calculating fair and appropriate damages. Birth injury victims harmed by catastrophic medical negligence often depend on the damages recovered through legal action in order to pay for medical care and maximize their quality of life.
Furthermore, the reality of complex injuries is that lengthy litigations require that law firms have the resources to sustain a strong case. Birth injury cases can take years to resolve, but too often inexperienced and underfunded firms encourage clients to agree to unfairly low settlements.
Birth injury law firms must have their own financial resources, or they may not be able to withstand the recovery process when these cases go to trial, if necessary.
How Can Janet, Janet & Suggs Help Victims of Birth Injury?
Our extensive network of resources includes our in-house medical experts who advocate for those harmed by birth injury across Washington and throughout the nation. The damages that result from birth injury extend far beyond what may be apparent to less experienced legal teams. The consequences of serious birth injuries that result from catastrophic medical malpractice generally lead to a lifelong financial burden—a stressful cost that never should have fallen on victims in the first place.
- Medical expenses. The costs of inpatient treatment, surgeries, emergency room visits, medication, medical devices, and rehabilitative care quickly add up to far more than what most families can reasonably afford, even with insurance.
- Other care expenses. Other expenses associated with caring for an individual with a significant birth injury include adaptive vehicles for transport, home modifications, access to home care, and other care costs that may not be covered by insurance or may exceed allowable limits.
- Lost wages and earning capacity. In addition to the cost of care that will be needed to address the injuries caused by negligent medical treatment, trauma of this degree also affects one’s ability to earn a living.
- Non-economic damages. Experienced birth injury law firms like JJS work to secure non-economic losses in medical malpractice cases, such as victims’ pain and suffering, reduced quality of life, punitive damages, and emotional distress, allowing us to seek maximum recovery for victims.
Meet the Leaders of Janet, Janet & Suggs’ Birth Injury Division
Howard Janet has uncovered medical mistakes that other lawyers have missed and represented clients throughout much of the country, recovering record-breaking results. He has authored multiple books, including Navigating a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit, Representing Plaintiffs in Medical Malpractice Cases (lead author), and Patients’ Rights and Doctors’ Wrongs—Secrets to a Safer Pregnancy and Childbirth, which he co-authored with JJS’s Dr. Giles Manley.
Ken Suggs served as president of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (now known as the American Association for Justice), the leading national plaintiff’s bar association, and has been a relentless advocate for his clients for over 40 years.
Dr. Giles Manley is a board-certified OBGYN who practiced medicine for 20 years before becoming a medical malpractice attorney. He has won a number of seven-figure verdicts on behalf of his clients, combining his medical knowledge and legal experience to secure monumental victories for his clients.
Gerald Jowers represents patients who have been harmed by medical malpractice, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices, recovering extraordinary results for clients and their families at the settlement table and in the courtroom.
What Results Has Janet, Janet & Suggs Achieved for Its Clients?
The national recognition JJS has received for our record-breaking verdicts and settlements is testimony to our decades of successful advocacy for victims of birth injury. We have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars on behalf of medical malpractice victims all across the United States, providing families with hope, healing, and the chance for a secure future of quality care.
- $33.5 Million for Delayed C-Section: In Tennessee, a jury awarded this record-breaking verdict after determining doctors’ negligent actions in delaying a medically necessary Cesarean section resulted in the baby developing severe brain damage as well as cerebral palsy.
- $24.25 Million for Failure to Diagnose: Another record-breaking medical malpractice verdict was awarded by a Washington, D.C., jury after doctors neglected to diagnose and respond to a child’s airway obstruction, causing her to suffer preventable brain damage and cerebral palsy.
- $18.1 Million for Mismanaged Labor and Delivery: This verdict was obtained in Iowa on behalf of a child who developed spastic quadriplegic cerebral palsy after the mother was taken off of continuous electronic fetal monitoring and placed on intermittent monitoring despite known risk factors.
- $18 Million for Medication Error: This settlement against a pharmacy was for a medical error resulting in the incorrect medication being dispensed to a pregnant mother. Their negligence resulted in her child developing a neural tube defect, which caused paraplegia and other severe injuries.
Local Resources for Victims of Birth Injury in Seattle, WA
JJS works to help families to recover damages in a malpractice suit, which is one way to access and pay for a network of care and support services. We also believe in the value of connecting with community resources available that can help victims of birth injury and their caretakers adapt, adjust, and heal.
These community resources can not only help families find and pay for care while awaiting resolution of their cases, but they can also provide avenues of support to families to help deal with the life-altering consequences of catastrophic birth injury and connect with others who understand their experiences.
- Washington Department of Health: This website provides guidance for filing a professional licensing complaint against a Seattle, WA, health professional or facility.
- Cerebral Palsy Family Network: A national network of families, organizations, and educational resources dedicated to supporting families impacted by cerebral palsy.
- Acquired Brain Injury Services: This state program serves to facilitate person-centered support and empowerment for individuals living with acquired brain injury.
- Seattle Disability Resources: This portal provides access to city, county, and state resources for persons living with various disabilities.
Locations Janet, Janet & Suggs Serves
We are proud to offer our birth injury representation for families across the country, including in Seattle and elsewhere in Washington, Maryland, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and Washington, D.C. JJS also practices on a case-by-case basis in courtrooms across other states.
JJS offers representation for those who have been harmed by others in a variety of practice areas. These include:
- Defective pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Military medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence
- Organ damage
- Sexual abuse
- Surgical errors
- Wrongful death
Why Choose Janet, Janet & Suggs for Seattle, WA, Medical Malpractice Cases?
Our team of lawyers and medical experts has over forty years of experience getting results for victims of medical malpractice. Our work on life-altering personal injury cases has resulted in historic justice for victims of medical malpractice, sexual assault, and other injuries. However, our long history of record-breaking verdicts and settlements is just one indication of our continued success in getting justice for those who have been harmed.
We have also been recognized by a variety of leading organizations including Best Lawyers®, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, AV Preeminent Ratings by Martindale-Hubbell, and as one of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Law Firms. Many of our attorneys are also listed as Super Lawyers®. These recognitions from leading organizations reflect our continued commitment to working toward securing our clients’ futures when they have been harmed by medical malpractice.
Contact the birth injury team at Janet Janet & Suggs today for a free, no-obligation consultation.