We Are Phoenix, AZ, Birth Injury Attorneys
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- More Than $3 Billion Won for Our Clients
- Thousands of Lives Changed
Catastrophic medical negligence injuries are traumatic, and the recovery process should not add needlessly to victims’ stress. Phoenix, AZ, medical malpractice victims who have suffered catastrophic, life-altering birth injuries need representation from a law firm like Janet, Janet & Suggs (JJS). Victims should have the legal support they need to get their lives back to the fullest extent possible while being represented with dignity and respect.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation.
What Should People Look for in a Phoenix, AZ, Birth Injury Attorney?
JJS offers victims of birth injuries our decades of experience with delivering historic justice for those who have suffered tremendously as a result of medical negligence and error. Being represented by JJS means that those who have been harmed by medical providers will experience the personal attention they need and deserve.
We work with leading industry experts to investigate victims’ injuries and build the strongest cases possible on their behalf.
- Evidence of medical error: When we build a case against defendants, we pursue and uncover the extensive evidence required to prove the extent of victims’ injury and the negligence that caused it. Victims have a chance to seek not only financial recovery for their injuries but also to find answers to their questions about their injuries that can be crucial to their process of physical and emotional recovery.
- Cost of damages: Birth injury lawyers must deeply understand the clinical and legal scope of victims’ past, current, and future medical care as well as how to argue the impact of this care in court or at the settlement table. In order to build those strong cases, JJS enlists a variety of valuable resources, including our in-house medical experts and team of professional investigators.
Birth injuries law firms must have the knowledge and resources to dig deeply into the failures of healthcare providers and institutions that caused the injuries. They must also have the financial resources to pursue fair compensation for damages in the most severe cases. Inexperienced and underfunded firms who encourage clients to agree to unfair settlements early in the process might be doing so because they are not equipped to take these cases to a just and appropriate conclusion.
How Can Janet, Janet & Suggs Help Victims of Birth Injury?
JJS helps victims of birth injuries in Phoenix, AZ, by recovering damages for the harms that have been inflicted upon them, freeing victims to focus on their healing process.
- Medical expenses: Medical bills stemming from birth injuries are enormous and often life-long, including inpatient treatment, additional or repeated surgeries, emergency room visits, medication, rehabilitative care, and much more. Victims should not be held responsible for costs related to an injury that was entirely preventable, had the patient not been the victim of malpractice.
- Lost wages and earning capacity: Victims of catastrophic birth injuries will never be able to earn a living or support themselves independently. If they are able to work, it generally will be in a limited capacity. Compensation can be available for lost future wages as well as the wages that will be lost as a result of family care-taking responsibilities.
- Non-economic losses. Birth injury claims also allow injured people to seek damages for their non-economic losses. JJS has the experience to maximize compensation for birth injury victims’ non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering, diminished quality of life, emotional distress, and other impacts allowable under Arizona medical malpractice laws.
Meet the Leaders of Janet, Janet & Suggs’ Birth Injury Division
Howard Janet has uncovered medical mistakes that other lawyers have missed and represented clients throughout much of the country, recovering record-breaking results. He has authored multiple books, including Navigating a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit, Representing Plaintiffs in Medical Malpractice Cases (lead author), and Patients’ Rights and Doctors’ Wrongs—Secrets to a Safer Pregnancy and Childbirth, which he co-authored with JJS’s Dr. Giles Manley.
Ken Suggs served as president of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (now known as the American Association for Justice), the leading national plaintiff’s bar association, and has been a relentless advocate for his clients for over 40 years.
Dr. Giles Manley is a board-certified OBGYN who practiced medicine for 20 years before becoming a medical malpractice attorney. He has won a number of seven-figure verdicts on behalf of his clients, combining his medical knowledge and legal experience to secure monumental victories for his clients.
Gerald Jowers represents patients who have been harmed by medical malpractice, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices, recovering extraordinary results for clients and their families at the settlement table and in the courtroom.
What Results Has Janet, Janet & Suggs Achieved for Our Clients?
The trial lawyers of JJS’s birth injury division have achieved justice for injured plaintiffs’ all across the country.
- $33.5 Million for Delayed C-Section: In Tennessee, a jury awarded this record-breaking verdict after determining doctors’ negligent actions in delaying a medically necessary Cesarean section resulted in the baby developing severe brain damage as well as cerebral palsy.
- $24.25 Million for Failure to Diagnose: Another record-breaking medical malpractice verdict was awarded by a Washington, D,C, jury after doctors neglected to diagnose and respond to a child’s airway obstruction, causing her to suffer preventable brain damage and cerebral palsy.
- $18 Million for Medication Error: This settlement against a pharmacy was for a medical error resulting in the incorrect medication being dispensed to a pregnant mother. Their negligence resulted in her child developing a neural tube defect, which caused paraplegia and other severe injuries.
- $13 Million for Poor Postoperative Care: A US government-employed medical provider’s negligence resulted in this settlement for a patient who received poor postoperative care, causing cerebral palsy and brain damage.
Local Resources for Victims of Birth Injury in Phoenix, AZ
Serious birth injuries result in the need for extensive care and resources. This may include local and state community assistance, especially while victims are awaiting the resolution of a malpractice case.
- Arizona State Agencies Directory: Complaints against state-licensed providers need to be filed directly with the state agency that oversees the license, such as the Arizona Medical Board or Board of Nursing.
- Arizona Department of Health Services: Online forms are available to Arizonans who need to lodge a complaint against a healthcare facility.
- Cerebral Palsy Family Network: The Cerebral Palsy Family Network is a caring, compassionate community that provides resources and support to help care for loved ones with cerebral palsy.
- The Brain Injury Alliance of Arizona: An advocacy group founded in Tucson, the BIAZZ supports survivors of complex brain injury and their caregivers.
Locations We Serve
JJS is proud to offer representation for families across the country, including Phoenix and elsewhere in Arizona, Maryland, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, and Washington, D.C., as well as on a case-by-case basis in courtrooms across other states.
Our commitment to providing legal representation to those who have been harmed in some of the most egregious ways extends to a variety of practice areas.
- Defective pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Military medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence
- Organ damage
- Sexual abuse
- Surgical errors
- Wrongful death
Why Choose Janet, Janet & Suggs for Phoenix, AZ, Birth Injury Cases?
JJS’ experience, knowledge, and resources allow us to litigate cases against negligent providers and institutions aggressively, working to get clients the answers and fair compensation they deserve. However, our track record of record-breaking verdicts and settlements is just one sign of our continued success in fighting for clients’ financial recovery.
JJS has been recognized by a variety of leading organizations including Best Lawyers®, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, AV Preeminent Ratings by Martindale-Hubbell, and as one of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Law Firms. Many of our attorneys are also listed as Super Lawyers®. These recognitions from leading organizations reflect our continued commitment to working toward securing our clients’ futures when they have been harmed by medical malpractice. Contact the birth injury team at Janet Janet & Suggs today for a free, no-obligation consultation.