We Are Oklahoma City, OK, Birth Injury Attorneys
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- More Than $3 Billion Won for Our Clients
- Thousands of Lives Changed
Birth injury victims in Oklahoma City need a law firm they can count on when it comes to recovering damages. Janet, Janet & Suggs’ (JJS) medical malpractice division knows that victims of medical malpractice deserve a firm that can be tough on defendants but will deliver compassionate, dedicated legal support to those who have been harmed by birth injuries.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation.
What Should People Look for in an Oklahoma City, OK, Birth Injury Attorney?
JJS offers victims of birth injury our decades of experience in delivering historic justice for people who have been harmed in catastrophic medical error cases. Whether the injuries are a result of negligence, recklessness, or outright misconduct on the part of providers, these cases are not easy on the plaintiffs, and they are rarely resolved quickly.
For over 40 years, we have advocated for injured clients, beginning with a thorough investigation of the circumstances of each case we accept. Our network of medical experts and investigators is crucial in the discovery phase. We enlist leading industry experts to review and examine clients’ injuries and build strong cases on their behalf.
- Investigating the evidence. JJS’ birth injury division uses our medical knowledge and investigative resources to assess and process what the evidence shows, as well as what additional evidence is needed to demonstrate the full extent of the injury. This means medical malpractice victims have the opportunity to seek to recover damages for their injuries along with answers about what happened to them.
- Calculating the damages. Experienced medical malpractice teams like ours have a deep understanding of the full implications of the medical and financial needs of those who have been injured by medical negligence. While building a case, we use a variety of invaluable resources, such as our in-house medical experts.
However crucial experience and knowledge are, those alone are not enough to successfully resolve the toughest cases in favor of the victims. When it comes to the pursuit of fair compensation for damages, law firms need to have the resources to last the duration of the case. Because major malpractice cases can take years to resolve, inexperienced or underfunded malpractice firms often encourage settlements that are unfairly low early on because their team is not equipped to take these cases to trial on a contingency basis.
How Can Janet, Janet & Suggs Help Victims of Birth Injury?
JJS persists in our pursuit of justice and compensation for birth injury victims’ often debilitating injuries and the accompanying damages.
Meet the Leaders of Janet, Janet & Suggs’ Birth Injury Division
Howard Janet has uncovered medical mistakes that other lawyers have missed and represented clients throughout much of the country, recovering record-breaking results. He has authored multiple books, including Navigating a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit, Representing Plaintiffs in Medical Malpractice Cases (lead author), and Patients’ Rights and Doctors’ Wrongs—Secrets to a Safer Pregnancy and Childbirth, which he co-authored with JJS’s Dr. Giles Manley.
Ken Suggs served as president of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (now known as the American Association for Justice), the leading national plaintiff’s bar association, and has been a relentless advocate for his clients for over 40 years.
Dr. Giles Manley is a board-certified OBGYN who practiced medicine for 20 years before becoming a medical malpractice attorney. He has won a number of seven-figure verdicts on behalf of his clients, combining his medical knowledge and legal experience to secure monumental victories for his clients.
Gerald Jowers represents patients who have been harmed by medical malpractice, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices, recovering extraordinary results for clients and their families at the settlement table and in the courtroom.
What Results Has Janet, Janet & Suggs Achieved for Our Clients?
By uncovering medication, hospital and doctor errors, leading class-action lawsuits against dangerous drugs, unsafe products, and defective medical devices, and fighting for fair compensation in other types of injury cases, the attorneys of JJS have been advocating for the rights of injured people for decades. JJS has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of victims in successful settlements and trial verdicts.
- $33.5 Million for Delayed C-Section: In Tennessee, a jury awarded this record-breaking verdict after determining doctors’ negligent actions in delaying a medically necessary Cesarean section resulted in the baby developing severe brain damage as well as cerebral palsy.
- $24.25 Million for Failure to Diagnose: Another record-breaking medical malpractice verdict was awarded by a Washington, D.C., jury after doctors neglected to diagnose and respond to a child’s airway obstruction, causing her to suffer preventable brain damage and cerebral palsy.
- $18 Million for Medication Error: This settlement against a pharmacy was for a medical error resulting in the incorrect medication being dispensed to a pregnant mother. Their negligence resulted in her child developing a neural tube defect, which caused paraplegia and other severe injuries.
- $13 Million for Poor Postoperative Care: A US government-employed medical provider’s negligence resulted in this settlement for a patient who received poor postoperative care, causing cerebral palsy and brain damage.
Local Resources for Victims of Birth Injury
Birth injury victims often need many layers of care, which can mean reaching out for local community resources. These resources can be especially beneficial while families are awaiting the resolution of their malpractice case.
- Oklahoma Board of Medical Licensure: This website provides guidance for filing a professional licensing complaint against an Oklahoma City, OK, health professional.
- Cerebral Palsy Family Network: The Cerebral Palsy Family Network is a caring, compassionate community of families that provides resources and support to help care for loved ones with cerebral palsy.
- United Cerebral Palsy: Not just for families of children with cerebral palsy, UCP serves to assist people with disabilities in meeting basic needs and enhancing quality of life while promoting independence.
Locations We Serve
JJS is proud to offer representation for families across the country, including Oklahoma City and elsewhere in Oklahoma, Maryland, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, and Washington, D.C. JJS also practices on a case-by-case basis in courtrooms across other states.
JJS offers representation for those who have been harmed by others in a variety of practice areas.
- Defective pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Military medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence
- Organ damage
- Sexual abuse
- Surgical errors
- Wrongful death
Why Choose Janet, Janet & Suggs for Oklahoma City, OK, Malpractice Cases?
JJS works to help those who have been seriously harmed by medical providers. Our history of record-breaking verdicts and settlements is only one sign of our continued successes in getting clients justice, however.
We have also been recognized by a variety of leading organizations including Best Lawyers®, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, AV Preeminent Ratings by Martindale-Hubbell, and as one of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Law Firms. Many of our attorneys are also listed as Super Lawyers®. These recognitions from leading organizations reflect our continued commitment to working toward securing our clients’ futures when they have been harmed by medical malpractice. Contact the birth injury team at Janet Janet & Suggs today for a free, no-obligation consultation.