We Are Bridgeport, CT Birth Injury Attorneys
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- More Than $3 Billion Won for Our Clients
- Thousands of Lives Changed
Janet, Janet & Suggs’ (JJS) medical malpractice division knows victims of birth injury need compassionate, dedicated legal support on their side as they pursue the justice and fair compensation they deserve. Those who have been harmed by catastrophic birth injuries in Bridgeport, CT, have the option for receiving representation from a law firm that is experienced, resourceful, and tough—a malpractice legal team with a proven track record of successfully holding responsible parties accountable for the harm they caused.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation.
What Should People Look for in an Bridgeport, CT, Birth Injury Attorney?
JJS offers over four decades of birth injury recovery experience, delivering historic justice for those who have been harmed in catastrophic medical injury cases. Whether the malpractice is a result of negligence, recklessness, or outright misconduct, these cases are not easy on the plaintiffs, and they are rarely resolved quickly.
Birth injury lawsuits can be difficult on families, but for over 40 years, JJS has used our legal and medical knowledge to advocate for the injured, affording them an opportunity to recover from their ordeal. This begins with a thorough investigation of the circumstances of each case—in previous cases, JJS’ investigative process has led to discovering evidence other attorneys missed. As is needed in these tough cases, JJS enlists leading industry experts to review and examine clients’ injuries and build strong cases on their behalf.
- Investigating the evidence. JJS’ malpractice team has the medical knowledge and investigative resources needed to understand what the evidence of injury shows, as well as what additional evidence is needed to demonstrate the full extent of the injury. Birth injury victims have the opportunity to seek damages for their injuries along with answers about what—and who—caused those injuries.
- Calculating the damages. Experienced birth injury attorneys like ours have a deep understanding of the full implications of the care and financial needs of those who have been injured by medical error. In building a case that seeks to recover the full extent of damages stemming from the malpractice, JJS enlists a variety of invaluable resources, such as our in-house medical experts and team of professional investigators.
Medical malpractice law firms must also have the financial resources to see a case through to its resolution. Inexperienced and underfunded malpractice firms often encourage settlements that are unfairly low early on because their team is not financially equipped to handle lengthy severe birth injury cases.
How Can Janet, Janet & Suggs Help Victims of Birth Injury?
JJS helps victims of serious injuries resulting from medical malpractice in Bridgeport, CT, through their tenacity in the pursuit of justice and satisfactory damages for serious injuries.
- Medical expenses. The extensive medical bills that are the consequence of medical errors are often far beyond the scope of what injured victims and their families can reasonably handle. Those who have been injured by malpractice find themselves responsible for costs of inpatient treatment, surgeries, emergency room visits, medication, medical devices, rehabilitative care, and much more.
- Lost wages and earning capacity. Many victims of catastrophic malpractice cases, such as delayed C-section birth injuries, will never be able to earn a living. Birth injury lawsuits can seek to recover compensation for lost wages.
- Non-economic damages. Non-economic losses include victims’ pain and suffering, reduced quality of life, and emotional distress. The JJS team has the experience to calculate and then prove the immense value of these damages before a jury or at the settlement table.
Meet the Leaders of Janet, Janet & Suggs’ Birth Injury Division
Howard Janet has represented clients throughout much of the country, recovering record-breaking results and authoring multiple books, including Navigating a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit, Representing Plaintiffs in Medical Malpractice Cases (lead author), and Patients’ Rights and Doctors’ Wrongs—Secrets to a Safer Pregnancy and Childbirth, which he co-authored with JJS’s Dr. Giles Manley.
Ken Suggs served as president of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (now known as the American Association for Justice), the leading national plaintiff’s bar association, and has been a relentless advocate for his clients for over 40 years.
Dr. Giles Manley is a board-certified OBGYN who practiced medicine for 20 years before becoming a medical malpractice attorney. He has won a number of seven-figure verdicts on behalf of his clients, combining his medical knowledge and legal experience to secure monumental victories for his clients.
Gerald Jowers represents patients who have been harmed by medical malpractice, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices, recovering extraordinary results for clients and their families at the settlement table and in the courtroom.
What Results Has Janet, Janet & Suggs Achieved for Our Clients?
The attorneys of JJS have been fighting for the rights of injured people for over forty years, obtaining justice and appropriate financial compensation for clients across the country. JSS has recovered hundreds of millions of dollars on behalf of victims in our record-breaking settlements and trial verdicts.
- $33.5 Million for Delayed C-Section: In Tennessee, a jury awarded this record-breaking verdict after determining doctors’ negligent actions in delaying a medically necessary Cesarean section resulted in the baby developing severe brain damage as well as cerebral palsy.
- $24.25 Million for Failure to Diagnose: Another record-breaking medical malpractice verdict was awarded by a Washington, D.C., jury after doctors neglected to diagnose and respond to a child’s airway obstruction, causing her to suffer preventable brain damage and cerebral palsy.
- $18 Million for Medication Error: This settlement against a pharmacy was for a medical error resulting in the incorrect medication being dispensed to a pregnant mother. Their negligence resulted in her child developing a neural tube defect, which caused paraplegia and other severe injuries.
- $13 Million for Poor Postoperative Care: A US government-employed medical provider’s negligence resulted in this settlement for a patient who received poor postoperative care, causing cerebral palsy and brain damage.
Local Resources for Victims of Birth Injury in Bridgeport, CT
Being seriously injured by medical malpractice often means needing more than basic support and care. This may include local and state community assistance, especially while awaiting the resolution of a malpractice case.
- Connecticut Department of Health: This website provides guidance for filing a professional licensing complaint against a Bridgeport, CT, health professional or facility.
- Acquired Brain Injury Services: This state program serves to facilitate person-centered support and empowerment for individuals living with acquired brain injury.
- Cerebral Palsy Family Network: This community of families impacted by cerebral palsy includes many parents whose children were victims of birth injuries.
Locations We Serve
JJS is proud to offer representation for families across the country, including Bridgeport and elsewhere in Connecticut, Maryland, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, and Washington, D.C., as well as on a case-by-case basis in courtrooms across other states.
When people have been harmed by the providers they entrusted their care to, they deserve to have legal representation. At JJS, we apply the same principle to others who have suffered injuries in a variety of circumstances, including:
- Defective pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Military medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence
- Organ damage
- Sexual abuse
- Surgical errors
- Wrongful death
Why Choose Janet, Janet & Suggs for Bridgeport, CT, Birth Injury Cases?
JJS puts our decades of experience to work to aggressively litigate against negligent providers and institutions. We work to get our clients the answers and fair compensation they will need to have the best quality of life possible after being seriously harmed by their medical providers. However, this history of record-breaking verdicts and settlements is only one sign of our continued success in obtaining justice for our clients.
We have also been recognized by a variety of leading organizations including Best Lawyers®, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, AV Preeminent Ratings by Martindale-Hubbell, and as one of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Law Firms. Many of our attorneys are also listed as Super Lawyers®. These recognitions from leading organizations reflect our continued commitment to working toward securing our clients’ futures when they have been harmed by medical malpractice. Contact the birth injury team at Janet Janet & Suggs today for a free, no-obligation consultation.