We Are Atlanta, GA, Birth Injury Attorneys
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- More Than $3 Billion Won for Our Clients
- Thousands of Lives Changed
The medical malpractice division of Janet, Janet & Suggs (JJS) offers birth injury victims compassionate, dedicated legal support that is committed to winning cases while maintaining clients’ dignity. When victims of medical errors partner with JJS, they will be working with experienced professionals who know how to navigate the complex process of medical malpractice recovery.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation.
What Should People Look for in an Atlanta, GA, Birth Injury Attorney?
JJS’s medical malpractice lawyers have decades of legal experience in delivering historic justice for people who have been harmed by catastrophic medical errors, including birth injury. Healthcare providers’ lawyers often try to wear down victims during the legal process, but JJS’s medical malpractice division has spent over 40 years successfully advocating for our clients, sheltering them from those shameful tactics.
Our advocacy begins with a thorough investigation of the circumstances of each case—in some previous cases successfully resolved by our firm, JJS’s investigative process led to the discovery of critical evidence previous attorneys missed.
- Investigating the evidence. Our team has the medical knowledge and investigative resources, including our network of professional investigators and medical experts, to find evidence of catastrophic injury, understand what the evidence of injury shows, and demonstrate the full extent of the injury.
- Calculating the damages. Experienced medical malpractice attorneys, like the team at JJS, use their deep understanding of the full extent of medical and financial needs of those injured by medical error to avoid hasty, unfair settlements. JJS enlists a variety of resources, including our in-house medical experts, who can accurately calculate the scope of the cost of future care.
Birth injury firms must also have the financial resources to last the fight when it comes to the pursuit of fair compensation for damages. Inexperienced and underfunded malpractice firms often encourage settlements that are unfairly low early on in the process. If a firm is not financially equipped to take on major malpractice cases, clients may not see maximum financial recovery.
How Can Janet, Janet & Suggs Help Victims of Birth Injury?
JJS helps the victims of serious medical malpractice injuries in Atlanta, GA, through the pursuit of financial recovery for damages. In cases of significant injury, these damages are extensive and difficult for an inexperienced legal team to calculate thoroughly.
- Medical expenses. People who have been injured by malpractice often find themselves responsible for the costs of inpatient treatment, surgeries, emergency room visits, medication, medical devices, rehabilitative care, and much more. Filing suit against negligent practitioners can help clients recover financial compensation for past, current, and even future expenses.
- Lost wage-earning capacity. Those who are injured at birth will likely never be able to support themselves financially. If they are able to work at all later in life, it is often in a limited or modified capacity, especially in cases of brain injury. Medical malpractice lawsuits can recover compensation for actual lost wages, and they can even compensate victims for future wages that will be lost as a result of victims’ reduced or eliminated earning capacity.
- Non-economic damages. When someone has been harmed by medical malpractice, filing a claim against the providers or institutions responsible offers a way for injured people to recover damages for their non-economic losses. These damages can include an injured person’s pain and suffering, reduced quality of life, and emotional distress. JJS’s medical malpractice division has the experience and resources to prove the immense value of these kinds of non-economic damages in front of a jury or at the settlement table.
Meet the Leaders of Janet, Janet & Suggs’ Birth Injury Division
Howard Janet has uncovered medical mistakes that other lawyers have missed and represented clients throughout much of the country, recovering record-breaking results. He has authored multiple books, including Navigating a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit, Representing Plaintiffs in Medical Malpractice Cases (lead author), and Patients’ Rights and Doctors’ Wrongs—Secrets to a Safer Pregnancy and Childbirth, which he co-authored with JJS’s Dr. Giles Manley.
Ken Suggs served as president of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (now known as the American Association for Justice), the leading national plaintiff’s bar association, and has been a relentless advocate for his clients for over 40 years.
Dr. Giles Manley is a board-certified OBGYN who practiced medicine for 20 years before becoming a medical malpractice attorney. He has won a number of seven-figure verdicts on behalf of his clients, combining his medical knowledge and legal experience to secure monumental victories for his clients.
Gerald Jowers represents patients who have been harmed by medical malpractice, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices, recovering extraordinary results for clients and their families at the settlement table and in the courtroom.
What Results Has Janet, Janet & Suggs Achieved for Our Clients?
For decades, the attorneys of JJS have been fighting for the rights of injured people. They do this by uncovering medication, hospital, and doctor errors, and by leading class-action lawsuits against dangerous drugs, unsafe products, and defective medical devices. JJS has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of injured victims in successful settlements and trial verdicts.
- $33.5 Million for Delayed C-Section: In Tennessee, a jury awarded this record-breaking verdict after determining doctors’ negligent actions in delaying a medically necessary Cesarean section resulted in the baby developing severe brain damage as well as cerebral palsy.
- $24.25 Million for Failure to Diagnose: Another record-breaking medical malpractice verdict was awarded by a Washington, D.C., jury after doctors neglected to diagnose and respond to a child’s airway obstruction, causing her to suffer preventable brain damage and cerebral palsy.
- $18 Million for Medication Error: This settlement against a pharmacy was for a medical error resulting in the incorrect medication being dispensed to a pregnant mother. Their negligence resulted in her child developing a neural tube defect, which caused paraplegia and other severe injuries.
- $13 Million for Poor Postoperative Care: A US government-employed medical provider’s negligence resulted in this settlement for a patient who received poor postoperative care, causing cerebral palsy and brain damage.
Local Resources for Victims of Birth Injury
Those who are seriously injured by medical malpractice often need more than just basic support and medical care. This extensive care may mean reaching out for local and state community assistance, especially while awaiting the resolution of a malpractice case.
- Georgia Composite Medical Board: This website provides guidance for filing a professional licensing complaint against an Atlanta, GA, health professional or facility.
- Georgia Disability Resources and Advocacy Organizations: This state program serves to connect those with brain injuries and other disabilities with community resources.
- Cerebral Palsy Family Network: The Cerebral Palsy Family Network is a caring, compassionate, online community of families that provides resources and support to help care for loved ones with cerebral palsy.
- United Cerebral Palsy: Not just for families of children with cerebral palsy, UCP serves to assist people with disabilities in meeting basic needs and enhancing quality of life while promoting independence.
Locations We Serve
JJS is proud to offer representation for families across the country, including Atlanta and elsewhere in Georgia, Maryland, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, and Washington, D.C. JJS also practices on a case-by-case basis in courtrooms across other states.
At JJS, we apply the same principles to others who have suffered injuries in a variety of practice areas.
- Defective pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Military medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence
- Organ damage
- Sexual abuse
- Surgical errors
- Wrongful death
Why Choose Janet, Janet & Suggs for Atlanta, GA, Birth Injury Cases?
JJS aggressively litigates against negligent providers and institutions, putting our decades of experience and extensive resources to work for victims of medical malpractice. We work hard to get our clients answers and fair compensation. However, our history of record-breaking verdicts and settlements is just one indication of our continued successes in getting our clients justice.
We have also been recognized by a variety of leading organizations including Best Lawyers®, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, AV Preeminent Ratings by Martindale-Hubbell, and as one of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Law Firms. Many of our attorneys are also listed as Super Lawyers®. These recognitions from leading organizations reflect our continued commitment to working toward securing our clients’ futures when they have been harmed by medical malpractice. Contact the birth injury team at Janet Janet & Suggs today for a free, no-obligation consultation.