We Are Camden, NJ, Birth Injury Attorneys
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- More Than $3 Billion Won for Our Clients
- Thousands of Lives Changed
Those who have been harmed by a catastrophic birth injury resulting from medical malpractice in Camden, NJ, need dedicated, skilled, and experienced legal representatives who understand the sensitive nature and high stakes of birth injury cases. The birth injury division of Janet, Janet & Suggs’ (JJS) knows that cases like these, which have horrific, life-altering consequences for injured babies and mothers, require representation by a law firm that is tough on defendants but dedicated to maintaining victims’ dignity throughout the process of recovery.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation!
What Should People Who Have Been Injured Look for in a Camden, NJ, Birth Injury Attorney?
Whether birth injuries are the result of negligence, recklessness, or outright misconduct on the part of health care providers, these cases are rarely easy on victims. JJS has over four decades of experience in successfully advocating for those who have been harmed by medical error, and they have delivered historic justice for patients across the country.
Families who have been impacted by devastating birth injury need to know they will receive both personal attention and long-term support from their legal team. We know birth injuries can impact babies and mothers in many different ways, and in some cases, injuries are the result of a tangled timeline of negligent actions on the part of one or many parties.
- We investigate the evidence. The discovery phase of a birth injury case starts with our commitment to those who have been harmed: the pursuit of the truth. JJS collaborates with our network of trusted allies to uncover what events and shortcomings caused the injuries, never shying away from uncovering new evidence through our own investigation. Our thorough investigative process has even led to the discovery of evidence and issues that other firms missed.
- We calculate the damages. The catastrophic damages inflicted upon victims of medical malpractice include medical costs, but JJS also understands calculable harm goes far beyond what a lifetime of medical care will cost dollar for dollar. Birth injury victims who have been harmed by medical malpractice need their law firm to have the ability to uncover proof of the substantial impacts of severe birth injury, both for the costs of much needed care and to compensate for pain, suffering and a diminished quality of life.
Furthermore, compassionate, skillful representation means not throwing in the towel because the legal team has run out of the funds needed to litigate the case. Far too often, inexperienced and underfunded birth injury law firms encourage their clients to agree to settlements that are unfairly low. This usually happens when a firm is not financially equipped to take these cases to trial, especially on a contingency basis, and its lawyers want to move on to their next case quickly.
How Can Janet, Janet & Suggs Help Victims of Birth Injury?
JJS relies on extensive resources to advocate for injured clients across Camden and the nation. We understand that the damages sustained in birth injury cases extend beyond what may be apparent to less experienced firms, and we know the full extent of injuries and their impacts on one’s life takes time to become known. Still, the pursuit of fair damages for severe birth injuries requires a medical malpractice firm whose legal and medical knowledge and experience means they have a deep understanding of the extent of the impact these injuries can have on victims’ lives right from the start.
- Medical expenses. Medical costs associated with birth injury often quickly add up to far more than what families can reasonably afford, even with insurance. Between the costs of inpatient treatment, surgeries, emergency room visits, medication, medical devices, rehabilitative care, and much, much more, the consequences of serious birth injuries resulting from medical malpractice generally mean a lifelong financial burden that never should fall to victims in the first place.
- Lost wages and earning capacity. In addition to the cost of care needed simply to address the physical injuries, catastrophic medical malpractice cases affect one’s ability to earn a living in the future. JJS can seek to recover compensation for an injured mother’s lost wages or even to compensate infant victims for their future wages lost as a result of the injured child’s lack of future earning capacity.
- Non-economic damages. The consequences of birth injury run deep, often extending far beyond what can be seen on a CT scan, X-ray, or hospital receipts. Experienced firms like JJS understand the law allows for non-economic losses in medical malpractice cases, such as victims’ pain and suffering, reduced quality of life, and emotional distress.
Meet the Leaders of Janet, Janet & Suggs’ Birth Injury Division
Howard Janet has uncovered medical mistakes that other lawyers have missed and represented clients throughout much of the country, recovering record-breaking results. He has authored multiple books, including Navigating a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit, Representing Plaintiffs in Medical Malpractice Cases (lead author), and Patients’ Rights and Doctors’ Wrongs—Secrets to a Safer Pregnancy and Childbirth, which he co-authored with JJS’s Dr. Giles Manley.
Ken Suggs served as president of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (now known as the American Association of Justice), the leading national plaintiff’s bar association, and has been a relentless advocate for his clients for over 40 years.
Dr. Giles Manley is a board-certified physician who practiced medicine for 20 years before becoming a medical malpractice attorney. He has won a number of seven-figure verdicts on behalf of his clients, combining his medical knowledge and legal experience to secure monumental victories for his clients.
Gerald Jowers represents patients who have been harmed by medical malpractice, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices, recovering extraordinary results for clients and their families at the settlement table and in the courtroom.
What Results Has Janet, Janet & Suggs Achieved for Its Clients?
JJS’s long-standing advocacy for injured babies and mothers is evident in the national recognition we receive for our record-breaking verdicts and settlements. Over the years, we have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars on behalf of medical malpractice victims in successful recoveries all across the country, providing families with hope, healing, and the chance for a secure future.
- $18 Million for Medication Error: This settlement against a New York pharmacy was for a medical error resulting in the incorrect medication being dispensed to a pregnant mother. Their negligence resulted in her child developing a neural tube defect, which caused paraplegia and other severe injuries.
- $33.5 Million for Delayed C-Section: In Tennessee, a jury awarded this record-breaking verdict after determining doctors’ negligent actions in delaying a medically necessary Cesarean section resulted in the baby developing severe brain damage as well as cerebral palsy.
- $24.25 Million for Failure to Diagnose: Another record-breaking medical malpractice verdict was awarded by a Camden, NJ, jury after doctors neglected to diagnose and respond to a child’s airway obstruction, causing her to suffer preventable brain damage and cerebral palsy.
- $18.1 Million for Mismanaged Labor and Delivery: Verdict obtained in Iowa on behalf of a child who developed spastic quadriplegic cerebral palsy after the mother was taken off of continuous electronic fetal monitoring and placed on intermittent monitoring despite known risk factors.
Local Resources for Victims of Birth Injury in Camden, NJ
Before, and sometimes even after, the successful resolution of a birth injury case, the kinds of injuries that have been inflicted mean needing more than simply basic support and care from one’s family doctor. Recovering damages in a malpractice suit is one way to access and pay for this care, but there are also community resources also available that can help victims and their caretakers. These resources can help families deal with the life-altering consequences of catastrophic birth injury, connect to others who understand what they are going through, and even provide help while they are awaiting the resolution of their birth injury case.
- Advancing Opportunities: This non-profit organization serves to provide support and services to people with disabilities, including children with cerebral palsy, in a person-centered way.
- Camden County Department of Disabilities and Special Needs: This division of the county health department support those living with disabilities and their families with access to enrichment programs and other services.
- New Jersey Brain Injury Alliance: This portal provides access to support groups—including virtual groups—all over the state for those living with brain injury and their families.
Locations We Serve
JJS is proud to offer medical malpractice representation for families across the country, including Camden and elsewhere in New Jersey, Maryland, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia, and Washington, D.C. JJS also practices on a case-by-case basis in courtrooms across other states.
JJS provides legal representation for those who have been harmed by others in a variety of practice areas.
- Defective pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Military medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence
- Organ damage
- Sexual abuse
- Surgical errors
- Wrongful death
Why Choose Janet, Janet & Suggs for Camden, NJ, Birth Injury Cases?
JJS’s commitment to helping people affected by preventable birth injury is evident in our decades of experience, our skillful team of lawyers and medical experts, and our access to substantial resources. While our work on birth injury cases has resulted in historic justice for victims of medical malpractice, our long history of record-breaking verdicts and settlements is just one indication of our continued successes in getting justice for those who have been injured.
We have also been recognized by a variety of leading organizations including Best Lawyers®, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, AV Preeminent Ratings by Martindale-Hubbell, and as one of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Law Firms. Many of our attorneys are also listed as Super Lawyers®. These recognitions from leading organizations reflect our continued commitment to working toward securing our clients’ futures when they have been harmed by medical malpractice. Contact the birth injury team at Janet Janet & Suggs today for a free, no-obligation consultation.
100 Horizon Center Blvd.
Hamilton, NJ 08691