We Are Philadelphia, PA, Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- More Than $3 Billion Secured for Our Clients
- Thousands of Lives Changed
Philadelphia malpractice victims with catastrophic injuries need a law firm that is experienced, resourceful, and tough—a team of lawyers who will strive to achieve the maximum financial recovery. The medical malpractice division of Janet, Janet & Suggs (JJS) understands victims of medical malpractice should have legal support that is delivered by experienced lawyers who maintain victims’ dignity and treat them with respect.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation!
What Should People Who Have Been Injured Look for in a Philadelphia, PA, Medical Malpractice Attorney?
Medical malpractice cases involving severe injury are not easy, and they are not quickly resolved. When selecting a medical malpractice law firm to represent victims in these cases, clients will need to consider the level of experience and support they will get from their attorneys.
- Investigating the evidence: To provide the strongest representation for victims of catastrophic medical malpractice, we thoroughly investigate the facts of victims’ injuries, considering evidence we discover through patients’ medical records, witness interviews, and laboratory results.
- Calculating the costs: Lawyers who represent victims injured by medical practitioners must also understand the scope of patients’ current and future financial needs when it comes to their medical care. Our team also includes a network of trusted medical experts with the knowledge and experience needed to understand such severe injuries.
Unlike JJS, inexperienced, underfunded firms often encourage their clients to take to unfairly low settlements in the early stages of the lawsuit because they are not financially equipped to take these cases to trial on a contingency basis.
How Can Janet, Janet & Suggs Help Victims of Medical Malpractice?
JJS helps survivors of serious medical malpractice in Philadelphia, PA, by working to recover damages for their injuries, and when it comes to significant injury cases, these damages can be extensive. JJS can work to help you recover:
- Medical expenses. The medical bills that pile on to victims of malpractice can include inpatient treatment, surgeries, emergency room visits, medication, and medical devices, rehabilitative care, and much more. The truth is most serious injuries will result in a lifetime of medical care needs, including not only ongoing medical treatment but also adaptive equipment and supportive care.
- Lost wages and earning capacity. Medical malpractice claims can seek compensation for both the actual amount of any lost wages as well as calculate potential future wages that will be lost as a result of victims’ reduced or eliminated earning capacity.
- Non-economic losses. Injured people also have a right to seek damages for their non-economic losses, such as pain and suffering, reduced quality of life, and emotional distress. JJS has the experience to calculate and prove the immense value of these non-economic damages when calculating the amount of fair compensation.
Meet the Janet, Janet & Suggs’ Medical Malpractice Team
Howard Janet has uncovered medical mistakes that other lawyers have missed and represented clients throughout much of the country, recovering record-breaking results. He has authored multiple books, including Navigating a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit, Representing Plaintiffs in Medical Malpractice Cases as lead author and Patients’ Rights and Doctors’ Wrongs—Secrets to a Safer Pregnancy and Childbirth, which he co-authored with Dr. Giles Manley.
Ken Suggs served as president of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (now known as the American Association of Justice), the leading national plaintiff’s bar association, and has been a relentless advocate for his clients for over 40 years.
Dr. Giles Manley is a board-certified physician who practiced medicine for 20 years before becoming a medical malpractice attorney. He has won a number of seven-figure verdicts on behalf of his clients, combining his medical knowledge and legal experience to secure monumental victories for his clients.
Gerald Jowers represents patients who have been harmed by medical malpractice, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices, recovering extraordinary results for clients and their families at the settlement table and in the courtroom.
What Results Has Janet, Janet & Suggs Achieved for Our Clients?
JSS has recovered hundreds of millions in successful settlements and trial verdicts.
- $24.25 Million for Failure to Diagnose: A record-breaking medical malpractice verdict was awarded by a District of Columbia jury after doctors neglected to diagnose and respond to a child’s airway obstruction, causing her to suffer preventable brain damage and cerebral palsy.
- $33.5 Million for Delayed C-Section: In Tennessee, a jury awarded this record-breaking verdict after determining doctors’ negligent actions in delaying a medically necessary Cesarean section resulted in the baby developing severe brain damage as well as cerebral palsy.
- $18 Million for Medication Error: This settlement against a pharmacy was for a medical error resulting in the incorrect medication being dispensed to a pregnant mother. Their negligence resulted in her child developing a neural tube defect, which caused paraplegia and other severe injuries.
- $13 Million for Poor Postoperative Care: A US government-employed medical provider’s negligence resulted in this settlement for a patient who received poor postoperative care, causing cerebral palsy and brain damage.
Local Resources for Victims of Medical Malpractice in Philadelphia, PA
Being seriously injured by medical malpractice often means needing more than basic support and care. Recovering damages in a malpractice suit is one way to access this care, but there are also community resources available, especially while awaiting the resolution of a malpractice case.
- Pennsylvania Professional Licensing Complaints. Here, victims can file a malpractice complaint against a Philadelphia, PA health professional or facility.
- Altoona Social Security Disability Office. Adults who qualify for SSDI can receive support from this city program when it comes to applying for federal benefits.
- Altoona Regional Brain Injury Support Groups. This portal provides access to support groups all over the state for those living with brain injury and their families.
Locations We Serve
Janet, Janet & Suggs is proud to offer representation for families across the country, including Philadelphia and elsewhere in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, South Carolina, Virginia, and Washington, D.C., as well as on a case-by-case basis in courtrooms across other states.
JJS is committed to providing quality legal support to those who have been the victims of others’ reckless, careless, or grievous actions, including:
- Birth injuries
- Brain injuries
- Cancer misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis
- Cerebral palsy
- Defective pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Military medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence
- Organ damage
- Sexual abuse
- Surgical errors
- Wrongful death
Why Choose Janet, Janet & Suggs for Philadelphia, PA, Medical Malpractice Cases?
JJS’s work has resulted in historic justice for those harmed in malpractice cases, but our long history of record-breaking verdicts and settlements is just one indication of our continued successes in getting justice for those who have been injured.
We have also been recognized by a variety of leading organizations including Best Lawyers®, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, AV Preeminent ratings by Martindale-Hubbell, and as one of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Law Firms. Many of our attorneys are also listed as Super Lawyers® These recognitions from leading organizations reflect our continued commitment to working toward securing our clients’ futures when they have been harmed by medical malpractice. Contact the medical malpractice team at Janet, Janet & Suggs today for a free, no-obligation consultation.
1500 Market Street
12th Floor, East Tower
Philadelphia, PA 19102