We Are Louisville, KY, Birth Injury Attorneys
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- More Than $3 Billion Secured for Our Clients
- Thousands of Lives Changed
Janet, Janet & Suggs (JJS)’ birth injury division offers those who have been harmed by medical professionals in Louisville, KY, our compassionate, dedicated legal support. When birth injury victims partner with JJS, they and their families are getting support forged by decades of experience from knowledgeable legal and medical professionals.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation.
What Should People Look for in a Louisville, KY, Birth Injury Lawyer?
JJS’s birth injury lawyers have over 40 years experience in delivering historic justice for people who have been harmed by catastrophic medical errors. Our advocacy for birth injury victims begins with our deep dig into the circumstances surrounding each case that we accept. We enlist a variety of resources to build strong cases, including our in-house medical experts and our team of professional investigators.
- We investigate the evidence. Our network of professional investigators and medical experts dig into medical records, laboratory evidence, witness statements, and more as they build a case that demonstrates evidence of catastrophic injury and proves which parties are responsible.
- We calculate the damages. Our team then uses their findings to assess the full implications of the injury, including the present and future medical and financial needs of those who have been injured. This allows us to calculate damages fully in order to seek the maximum amount of recovery for victims.
Birth injury firms must also have the financial resources themselves to effectively pursue full compensation for damages. Inexperienced and underfunded malpractice firms often encourage victims to agree to settlements that are unfairly low early on in the process, resulting in victims missing out on their full possible recovery.
How Can Janet, Janet & Suggs Help Victims of Birth Injury?
JJS helps victims of serious birth injuries in Louisville, KY, through their compassionate yet aggressive pursuit of financial recovery for damages.
- Medical expenses. Victims of birth injury and their families often find themselves saddled with enormous medical bills. From inpatient treatment, surgeries, emergency room visits, medication, medical devices, rehabilitative care, and more. By filing suit against negligent healthcare providers, JJS can help clients seek financial compensation for past, current, and even future medical care expenses.
- Lost wage-earning capacity. The truth is the majority of victims of catastrophic birth injuries will not be able to live independently or ever earn a living to support themselves, especially in cases of brain injury. Medical malpractice lawsuits can recover compensation for lost future wages and provide opportunities for a better quality of life.
- Non-economic damages. Birth injuries also result in severe non-economic damages. These calculable damages include victims’ pain and suffering, reduced quality of life, and emotional distress. JJS’s birth injury division works to prove the immense value of these kinds of non-economic damages.
Meet the Leaders of Janet, Janet & Suggs’ Birth Injury Division
Howard Janet has uncovered medical mistakes that other lawyers have missed, representing clients throughout much of the country, recovering record-breaking results. He has authored multiple books, including Navigating a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit, Representing Plaintiffs in Medical Malpractice Cases (lead author), and Patients’ Rights and Doctors’ Wrongs—Secrets to a Safer Pregnancy and Childbirth, which he co-authored with JJS’s Dr. Giles Manley.
Ken Suggs served as president of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (now known as the American Association for Justice), the leading national plaintiff’s bar association, and has been a relentless advocate for his clients for over 40 years.
Dr. Giles Manley is a board-certified physician who practiced medicine for 20 years before becoming a medical malpractice attorney. He has won a number of seven-figure verdicts on behalf of his clients, combining his medical knowledge and legal experience to secure monumental victories for his clients.
Gerald Jowers represents patients who have been harmed by medical malpractice, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices, recovering extraordinary results for clients and their families at the settlement table and in the courtroom.
What Results Has Janet, Janet & Suggs Achieved for Our Clients?
For over 40 years, victims of birth injury and other medical errors represented by JJS have been able to rely on the experience and knowledge of our legal/medical team. Over the last four decades, we have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in successful settlements and trial verdicts on behalf of victims who have been harmed by their healthcare providers.
- $33.5 Million for Delayed C-Section: In Tennessee, a jury awarded this record-breaking verdict after determining doctors’ negligent actions in delaying a medically necessary Cesarean section resulted in the baby developing severe brain damage as well as cerebral palsy.
- $24.25 Million for Failure to Diagnose: Another record-breaking medical malpractice verdict was awarded by a Washington, D.C., jury after doctors neglected to diagnose and respond to a child’s airway obstruction, causing her to suffer preventable brain damage and cerebral palsy.
- $18 Million for Medication Error: This settlement against a pharmacy was for a medical error resulting in the incorrect medication being dispensed to a pregnant mother. Their negligence resulted in her child developing a neural tube defect, which caused paraplegia and other severe injuries.
- $13 Million for Poor Postoperative Care: A US government-employed medical provider’s negligence resulted in this settlement for a patient who received poor postoperative care, causing cerebral palsy and brain damage.
Local Resources for Victims of Birth Injury
The majority of birth injuries will require victims to receive more than just basic support and medical care. This high level of care may mean families need to reach out for local and state community assistance, especially while awaiting the resolution of their birth injury case.
- Board of Medical Licensure: This website provides guidance for filing a professional licensing complaint against a Louisville, KY, health professional or facility.
- The Arc of Kentucky: This organization provides support, guidance, and access to resources for individuals with disabilities, including cerebral palsy stemming from medical malpractice.
- Cerebral Palsy Family Network: The Cerebral Palsy Family Network is a caring, compassionate community of families that provides resources and support to help care for loved ones with cerebral palsy.
Locations We Serve
JJS is proud to offer representation for families across the country, including Louisville and elsewhere in Kentucky, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, and Washington, D.C. JJS also practices on a case-by-case basis in courtrooms across other states.
At JJS, we harness our drive and dedication on behalf of others who have suffered injuries in a variety of practice areas.
- Medical malpractice
- Brain injuries
- Cancer misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis
- Cerebral palsy
- Defective pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Military medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence
- Organ damage
- Sexual abuse
- Surgical errors
- Wrongful death
Why Choose Janet, Janet & Suggs for Louisville, KY, Birth Injury Cases?
JJS works hard to get our clients answers and fair compensation, and our case results prove it. However, our history of record-breaking verdicts and settlements is just one indication of our continued successes in getting our clients justice.
We have also been recognized by a variety of leading organizations including Best Lawyers®, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, AV Preeminent Ratings by Martindale-Hubbell, and as one of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Law Firms. Many of our attorneys are also listed as Super Lawyers®. These recognitions from leading organizations reflect our continued commitment to working toward securing our clients’ futures when they have been harmed by medical malpractice. Contact the birth injury team at Janet Janet & Suggs today for a free, no-obligation consultation.