We Are Little Rock, AR, Birth Injury Attorneys
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- More Than $3 Billion Won for Our Clients
- Thousands of Lives Changed
Little Rock, AR, birth injury victims who have suffered catastrophic, life-altering injuries as a result of healthcare provider malpractice deserve an experienced legal team who can help them recover damages to the fullest extent. Janet, Janet & Suggs (JJS) has over 40 years of experience representing victims of medical malpractice, including mothers and children who have been harmed by birth injuries.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation.
What Should People Look for in a Little Rock, AR, Birth Injury Attorney?
JJS offers victims of birth injuries over four decades of experience with delivering historic justice for those who have suffered tremendously as a result of medical negligence and error. Being represented by JJS means that those who have been harmed by medical providers will experience the personal attention they need—and deserve.
We work with leading medical experts to investigate victims’ injuries and build strong cases on their behalf.
- Evidence of malpractice: When JJS builds a case against healthcare providers, we seek out the evidence that proves the full scope of victims’ injuries and the negligence that caused them. We dig deeply through medical records, lab reports, and other medical evidence to uncover every detail possible in holding the responsible party or parties accountable for their medical negligence.
- Amount of damages: Medical malpractice lawyers must deeply understand the clinical and legal scope of victims’ past, current, and future medical care as well as how to argue the impact of this care in court or at the settlement table. In order to build those strong cases, JJS enlists a variety of valuable resources, including a team of medical experts and professional investigators.
A medical malpractice law firm must also have the financial resources to pursue fair compensation for damages in the most severe cases. Inexperienced and underfunded firms often encourage clients to agree to unfair settlements early in the process because they are not equipped to take these cases to trial, if needed.
How Can Janet, Janet & Suggs Help Victims of Birth Injury?
JJS helps victims of birth injuries in Little Rock, AR, by working to recover damages for the harms that have been inflicted upon them, giving them peace of mind and an opportunity to heal.
- Medical costs: Victims should not be held financially responsible for medical bills that never would have been incurred had it not been for medical error. The bills that stem from birth injuries are vast and generally lifelong, and they include inpatient treatment, additional or repeated surgeries, emergency room visits, medication, rehabilitative care, and much more.
- Lost wage-earning capacity: Those who have been harmed by severe birth injuries will almost certainly never be able to earn an independent living. If victims are able to work, it generally will be in a limited capacity.
- Non-economic losses. Birth injury claims also allow injured people to seek damages for their non-economic losses. JJS has the experience to maximize compensation for birth injury victims’ non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering, diminished quality of life, emotional distress, and other impacts allowable under Arkansas medical malpractice laws.
Meet the Leaders of Janet, Janet & Suggs’ Birth Injury Division
Howard Janet has uncovered medical mistakes that other lawyers have missed and represented clients throughout much of the country, recovering record-breaking results. He has authored multiple books, including Navigating a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit, Representing Plaintiffs in Medical Malpractice Cases (lead author), and Patients’ Rights and Doctors’ Wrongs—Secrets to a Safer Pregnancy and Childbirth, which he co-authored with JJS’s Dr. Giles Manley.
Ken Suggs served as president of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (now known as the American Association for Justice), the leading national plaintiff’s bar association, and has been a relentless advocate for his clients for over 40 years.
Dr. Giles Manley is a board-certified OBGYN who practiced medicine for 20 years before becoming a medical malpractice attorney. He has won a number of seven-figure verdicts on behalf of his clients, combining his medical knowledge and legal experience to secure monumental victories for his clients.
Gerald Jowers represents patients who have been harmed by medical malpractice, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices, recovering extraordinary results for clients and their families at the settlement table and in the courtroom.
What Results Has Janet, Janet & Suggs Achieved for Our Clients?
JJS’ birth injury division and other medical malpractice lawyers have achieved record-breaking verdicts for families all across the country.
- $33.5 Million for Delayed C-Section: In Tennessee, a jury awarded this record-breaking verdict after determining doctors’ negligent actions in delaying a medically necessary Cesarean section resulted in the baby developing severe brain damage as well as cerebral palsy.
- $24.25 Million for Failure to Diagnose: Another record-breaking medical malpractice verdict was awarded by a Washington, D.C., jury after doctors neglected to diagnose and respond to a child’s airway obstruction, causing her to suffer preventable brain damage and cerebral palsy.
- $18 Million for Medication Error: This settlement against a pharmacy was for a medical error resulting in the incorrect medication being dispensed to a pregnant mother. Their negligence resulted in her child developing a neural tube defect, which caused paraplegia and other severe injuries.
- $13 Million for Poor Postoperative Care: A US government-employed medical provider’s negligence resulted in this settlement for a patient who received poor postoperative care, causing cerebral palsy and brain damage.
Local Resources for Victims of Birth Injury in Little Rock, AR
Serious birth injuries result in the need for extensive care and resources. This may include local and state community assistance, especially while victims are awaiting the resolution of a malpractice case.
- Cerebral Palsy Family Network: The Cerebral Palsy Family Network is a caring, compassionate online community that provides resources and support to help care for loved ones with cerebral palsy.
- AR Department of Disability Services: Medicaid-eligible victims of medical malpractice may apply for home- and community-based services, including supportive living, access to primary care services, and developmental day treatment.
- Family Caregiver Support in Arkansas: Caregivers of those who have been catastrophically injured often need support to navigate their new role. Arkansas offers regional support groups, grants, and respite programs to caregivers.
Locations We Serve
JJS is proud to offer representation for injury victims across the country, including Little Rock and elsewhere in Arkansas, Maryland, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, and Washington, D.C., as well as on a case-by-case basis in courtrooms across other states.
Our commitment to providing legal representation to those who have been harmed in some of the most egregious ways extends to a variety of practice areas.
- Medical malpractice
- Brain injuries
- Cancer misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis
- Cerebral palsy
- Defective pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Military medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence
- Organ damage
- Sexual abuse
- Surgical errors
- Wrongful death
Why Choose Janet, Janet & Suggs for Little Rock, AR, Birth Injury Cases?
Our years of experience, combined knowledge, and abundant resources allow us to litigate cases against large healthcare providers and institutions aggressively. We work to get victims the answers and fair compensation they deserve. However, our track record of record-breaking verdicts and settlements is just one sign of our historic success in fighting for birth injury victims’ recovery.
We have also been recognized by a variety of leading organizations including Best Lawyers®, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, AV Preeminent Ratings by Martindale-Hubbell, and as one of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Law Firms. Many of our attorneys are also listed as Super Lawyers®. These recognitions from leading organizations reflect our continued commitment to working toward securing our clients’ futures when they have been harmed by medical malpractice. Contact the birth injury team at Janet Janet & Suggs today for a free, no-obligation consultation.