We Are Hamilton, NJ, Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- More Than $3 Billion Secured for Our Clients
- Thousands of Lives Changed
Victims of medical malpractice in Hamilton, NJ, need to know that when they are at their most vulnerable they can rely on dedicated, compassionate legal representation. Janet, Janet & Suggs’ (JJS) medical malpractice division knows that victims of medical malpractice deserve a firm that is tough on defendants but supports clients’ dignity throughout a difficult process. When they partner with JJS, those who have been harmed by medical malpractice will know they have partnered with experienced professionals who can navigate the complex process of medical malpractice recovery.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation!
What Should People Who Have Been Injured Look for in a Hamilton, NJ, Medical Malpractice Attorney?
JJS has decades of proven experience with delivering historic justice for those who have been harmed in catastrophic medical injury cases. Whether the malpractice is a result of negligence, recklessness, or outright misconduct on the part of healthcare providers, these cases are never easy on the plaintiffs, and they are rarely resolved quickly. Victims of negligent care need to feel confident that they will receive personal attention and long-term support from their legal team.
For over 40 years, JJS has used its legal and medical knowledge to advocate for injured clients across New Jersey and the United States. This support begins with a thorough investigation of the circumstances of each injury.
- Investigating the evidence: JJS’s malpractice team uses their medical knowledge and investigative resources to determine what the evidence of injury shows, as well as what additional evidence is needed to demonstrate the full extent of the injury and its causes to a jury. When JJS builds a malpractice case, we pursue the truth, working collaboratively with our network of trusted experts and investigators. In previous cases, JJS’s investigative process has even led to discovering evidence other attorneys missed. As is needed in these kinds of complex cases, JJS enlists leading industry experts to review and examine clients’ injuries to build strong cases on their behalf.
- Calculating the damages: Experienced medical malpractice attorneys like those at JJS have a deep understanding of the full financial implications of the medical and care needs of those who have been injured by major medical errors. In building a case that seeks to recover the full extent of damages stemming from negligence, JJS uses a variety of invaluable resources, which includes our in-house medical experts.
However, medical malpractice law firms also must have the financial resources themselves to stay the course. Major malpractice cases that seek to recover damages for catastrophic injuries can take years, but inexperienced and underfunded malpractice firms often accept settlements that are unfairly low early on. This is often because their team is not financially equipped to take these cases to trial on a contingency basis.
How Can Janet, Janet & Suggs Help Victims of Medical Malpractice?
The pursuit of damages for serious medical malpractice injuries can be difficult for an inexperienced legal team to calculate completely. It is important to leave no stone unturned when examining the many ways malpractice injuries impact victims’ lives.
- Medical expenses. The most obvious impact is the extensive medical bills that are the consequence of medical errors. These bills are often far beyond the scope of what injured victims and their families can reasonably handle. The costs of inpatient treatment, surgeries, emergency room visits, medication, and medical devices, rehabilitative care, and much more create a financial burden that is overwhelming and often impossible to recover from. In the most serious malpractice cases, injuries often result in a lifetime of medical and care needs. This can include adaptive equipment, ongoing treatments, and caregiver assistance, among other needs.
- Lost wages and earning capacity. Medical malpractice suits can seek to recover compensation for an individual’s actual lost wages or compensate victims, even victims of birth injuries, for the future wages that will be almost certainly lost as a result of their reduced or eliminated earning capacity.
- Non-economic damages. Non-economic losses can also be recovered through malpractice suits. These losses include victims’ pain and suffering, reduced quality of life, and emotional distress. JJS’s legal team has the experience to fully calculate the immense value of these non-economic damages for presentation before a jury or at the settlement table.
Meet the Janet, Janet & Suggs’ Medical Malpractice Team
Howard Janet has uncovered medical mistakes that other lawyers have missed and represented clients throughout much of the country, recovering record-breaking results. He has authored multiple books, including Navigating a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit, Representing Plaintiffs in Medical Malpractice Cases as lead author and Patients’ Rights and Doctors’ Wrongs—Secrets to a Safer Pregnancy and Childbirth, which he co-authored with Dr. Giles Manley.
Ken Suggs served as president of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (now known as the American Association of Justice), the leading national plaintiff’s bar association, and has been a relentless advocate for his clients for over 40 years.
Dr. Giles Manley is a board-certified physician who practiced medicine for 20 years before becoming a medical malpractice attorney. He has won a number of seven-figure verdicts on behalf of his clients, combining his medical knowledge and legal experience to secure monumental victories for his clients.
Gerald Jowers represents patients who have been harmed by medical malpractice, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices, recovering extraordinary results for clients and their families at the settlement table and in the courtroom.
What Results Has Janet, Janet & Suggs Achieved for Our Clients?
Uncovering medication, hospital and doctor errors, leading class-action lawsuits against dangerous drugs, unsafe products, and defective medical devices, and fighting for fair compensation in other types of life-altering cases are only a few ways JJS has been advocating for the rights of catastrophically injured people. JSS has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of victims of medical malpractice in a multitude of successful settlements and trial verdicts.
- $24.25 Million for Failure to Diagnose: Another record-breaking medical malpractice verdict was awarded by a Washington D.C. jury after doctors neglected to diagnose and respond to a child’s airway obstruction, causing her to suffer preventable brain damage and cerebral palsy.
- $33.5 Million for Delayed C-Section: In Tennessee, a jury awarded this record-breaking verdict after determining doctors’ negligent actions in delaying a medically necessary Cesarean section resulted in the baby developing severe brain damage, as well as cerebral palsy.
- $18 Million for Medication Error: This settlement against a pharmacy was for a medical error resulting in the incorrect medication being dispensed to a pregnant mother. Their negligence resulted in her child developing a neural tube defect, which caused paraplegia and other severe injuries.
- $13 Million for Poor Postoperative Care: A US government-employed medical provider’s negligence resulted in this settlement for a patient who received poor postoperative care, causing cerebral palsy and brain damage.
Local Resources for Victims of Medical Malpractice in Hamilton, NJ
While many may expect their medical insurance to cover their basic needs, being seriously injured by medical malpractice often means needing more than basic support and care. Recovering damages in a malpractice suit is one way to access this care, but there are community resources also available, especially while awaiting the resolution of a malpractice case.
- New Jersey Department of Health: This website provides guidance for filing a professional licensing complaint against a Hamilton, NJ health professional or facility.
- New Jersey Statewide Respite Care Program: This state program serves to give short-term or periodic breaks to caregivers of persons with disabilities.
- New Jersey Division of Disability Resources: This portal provides access to city, county, and state resources for persons living with various disabilities.
Locations We Serve
JJS is proud to offer representation for families across the country, including Hamilton and elsewhere in New Jersey, Maryland, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, New York, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia, and Washington, D.C., as well as on a case-by-case basis in courtrooms across other states.
At JJS, we apply the same principles that govern our medical malpractice representation to advocate for those who have suffered injuries in a variety of practice areas including:
- Birth injuries
- Brain injuries
- Cancer misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis
- Cerebral palsy
- Defective pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Military medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence
- Organ damage
- Sexual abuse
- Surgical errors
- Wrongful death
Why Choose Janet, Janet & Suggs for Hamilton, NJ, Medical Malpractice Cases?
JJS’s team of lawyers and medical experts has over forty years of experience getting results for victims of medical malpractice. Our work on life-altering personal injury cases has resulted in historic justice for victims of medical malpractice, sexual assault, and other injuries. However, our long history of record-breaking verdicts and settlements is just one indication of our continued success in getting justice for those who have been harmed.
We have also been recognized by a variety of leading organizations including Best Lawyers®, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, AV Preeminent ratings by Martindale-Hubbell, and as one of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Law Firms. Many of our attorneys are also listed as Super Lawyers® These recognitions from leading organizations reflect our continued commitment to working toward securing our clients’ futures when they have been harmed by medical malpractice. Contact the medical malpractice team at Janet, Janet & Suggs today for a free, no-obligation consultation.
100 Horizon Center Blvd.
Hamilton, NJ 08691