We Are Altoona, PA, Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- More Than $3 Billion Secured for Our Clients
- Thousands of Lives Changed
When a medical error causes catastrophic injury, victims of medical malpractice in Altoona, PA need to be able to rely on dedicated, compassionate legal representation. When those who have been harmed are at their most vulnerable, the medical malpractice division of Janet, Janet & Suggs’ (JJS) is there to provide a strong foundation for recovery through our legal and medical knowledge and experience.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation!
What Should People Who Have Been Injured Look for in an Altoona, PA, Medical Malpractice Attorney?
JJS has been https://www.jjsjustice.com/who-we-are/verdicts-and-settlements/ for patients who have been harmed in catastrophic medical injury cases for over four decades. Whether the malpractice is a result of negligence, recklessness, or outright misconduct on the part of healthcare providers, these cases are not easy on those who have been injured, and they are rarely resolved quickly. For over 40 years, JJS has advocated for catastrophically injured clients across Pennsylvania and the United States. This advocacy for victims’ rights begins with a thorough investigation of the circumstances of each injury case and its impacts on clients.
- Investigating the evidence. We start with working collaboratively with our network of professional investigators and medical experts. Our team uses their medical knowledge and extensive investigative resources to determine the extent of injuries and identify what evidence is available, as well as digging deeply for the additional evidence that will be needed to demonstrate the full extent of damages.
- Calculating the damages. The damages inflicted upon victims of medical malpractice will include medical costs, but they also go far beyond the actual costs of this care. Those who have been harmed by medical error and negligence need representation from a law firm that will provide the resources needed to establish proof of the significant expenses that accompany malpractice injuries. Additionally, victims need a law firm that can effectively calculate and recover the maximum compensation for future and non-economic damages.
However, this is only one part of the important work medical malpractice lawyers do for those who have been seriously harmed. Medical malpractice law firms also must have the financial resources themselves to withstand the recovery process, no matter how long it takes. Major malpractice suits can take years to resolve, so inexperienced and underfunded malpractice firms often encourage settlements that are unfairly low. When they are not financially equipped to take these cases to trial on a contingency basis, they will often want to move on to their next case quickly.
How Can Janet, Janet & Suggs Help Victims of Medical Malpractice?
The pursuit of damages for serious medical injuries requires a deep understanding of the extent the impact of these injuries can have on victims’ lives.
- Medical expenses. Medical bills often add up to far more than what injured victims and their families can reasonably afford, even with medical insurance. Between the costs of inpatient treatment, surgeries, emergency room visits, medication, medical devices, rehabilitative care, and more, injuries stemming from medical malpractice can result in a lifelong financial burden.
- Lost wages and earning capacity. Medical malpractice cases often seek to recover compensation for an individual’s lost wages or even compensate victims for future wages that will almost certainly be lost as a result of their reduced or eliminated earning capacity. A catastrophic injury is life-altering and, even with community support, a person who loses the opportunity to support themselves financially will need some avenue for financial security.
- Non-economic damages. Knowledgeable and experienced firms know how to account for non-economic losses in their malpractice cases. These damages include victims’ pain and suffering, reduced quality of life, emotional distress, and more. JJS’s legal team has the experience to fully calculate the immense value of these losses.
Meet the Janet, Janet & Suggs’ Medical Malpractice Team
Howard Janet has uncovered medical mistakes that other lawyers have missed and represented clients throughout much of the country, recovering record-breaking results. He has authored multiple books, including Navigating a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit, Representing Plaintiffs in Medical Malpractice Cases as lead author and Patients’ Rights and Doctors’ Wrongs—Secrets to a Safer Pregnancy and Childbirth, which he co-authored with Dr. Giles Manley.
Ken Suggs served as president of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (now known as the American Association of Justice), the leading national plaintiff’s bar association, and has been a relentless advocate for his clients for over 40 years.
Dr. Giles Manley is a board-certified physician who practiced medicine for 20 years before becoming a medical malpractice attorney. He has won a number of seven-figure verdicts on behalf of his clients, combining his medical knowledge and legal experience to secure monumental victories for his clients.
Gerald Jowers represents patients who have been harmed by medical malpractice, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices, recovering extraordinary results for clients and their families at the settlement table and in the courtroom.
What Results Has Janet, Janet & Suggs Achieved for Its Clients?
JJS has achieved record-breaking verdicts and settlements over the span of more than 40 years of representing victims’ rights. JJS has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of victims of medical malpractice, and our successful recoveries for medical malpractice clients have provided hope and opportunities for healing for people all across the country.
- $24.25 Million for Failure to Diagnose: Another record-breaking medical malpractice verdict was awarded by a Washington D.C. jury after doctors neglected to diagnose and respond to a child’s airway obstruction, causing her to suffer preventable brain damage and cerebral palsy.
- $33.5 Million for Delayed C-Section: In Tennessee, a jury awarded this record-breaking verdict after determining doctors’ negligent actions in delaying a medically necessary Cesarean section resulted in the baby developing severe brain damage, as well as cerebral palsy.
- $18 Million for Medication Error: This settlement against a pharmacy was for a medical error resulting in the incorrect medication being dispensed to a pregnant mother. Their negligence resulted in her child developing a neural tube defect, which caused paraplegia and other severe injuries.
- $13 Million for Poor Postoperative Care: A US government-employed medical provider’s negligence resulted in this settlement for a patient who received poor postoperative care, causing cerebral palsy and brain damage.
Local Resources for Victims of Medical Malpractice in Altoona, PA
Being seriously injured by medical malpractice often means needing more than basic support and care. Recovering damages in a malpractice suit is one way to access this care, but there are also community resources available, especially while awaiting the resolution of a malpractice case.
- Pennsylvania Professional Licensing Complaints. Here, victims can file a malpractice complaint against a Philadelphia, PA health professional or facility.
- Altoona Social Security Disability Office. Adults who qualify for SSDI can receive support from this city program when it comes to applying for federal benefits.
- Altoona Regional Brain Injury Support Groups. This portal provides access to support groups all over the state for those living with brain injury and their families.
Locations We Serve
JJS is proud to offer representation for families across the country, including Altoona and elsewhere in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, South Carolina, Virginia, and Washington, D.C., as well as on a case-by-case basis in courtrooms across other states.
JJS offers representation for those who have been harmed by others in a variety of practice areas.
- Birth injuries
- Brain injuries
- Cancer misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis
- Cerebral palsy
- Defective pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Military medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence
- Organ damage
- Sexual abuse
- Surgical errors
- Wrongful death
Why Choose Janet, Janet & Suggs for Altoona, PA, Medical Malpractice Cases?
JJS’s team of lawyers and medical experts has been achieving positive results for victims of medical malpractice for over four decades. Our work on life-altering personal injury cases has resulted in justice for victims of medical malpractice, sexual assault, and other injuries. However, our long history of record-breaking verdicts and settlements is just one indication of our continued success in getting justice for those who have been harmed.
We have also been recognized by a variety of leading organizations including Best Lawyers®, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, AV Preeminent ratings by Martindale-Hubbell, and as one of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Law Firms. Many of our attorneys are also listed as Super Lawyers® These recognitions from leading organizations reflect our continued commitment to working toward securing our clients’ futures when they have been harmed by medical malpractice. Contact the medical malpractice team at Janet, Janet & Suggs today for a free, no-obligation consultation.
1522 N. 6th Avenue
Altoona, PA 16601