Accomplished Sex Trafficking Lawyers
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- More Than $3 Billion Won for Our Clients
- Thousands of Lives Changed
Although sex trafficking is an unimaginable concept for many people, millions are forced into this exploitative trade all around the world. In the United States, sex trafficking makes up the vast majority of human trafficking cases. In 2019 alone, the U.S. Human Trafficking Hotline registered over 8,200 reported cases of sex trafficking nationwide.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation.
If you or a loved one is a survivor of sex trafficking, you may have legal recourse. Find out how a sex trafficking attorney can assist with your case, and discover whether you could be eligible for compensation.
What to Know About Sex Trafficking Cases
If you're just beginning to think about filing a sex trafficking lawsuit, you might have a few questions about the process. Learn how these cases typically work and get a better idea of the results you could achieve.
Where Does Sex Trafficking Typically Occur?
Sex trafficking can happen anywhere and to anyone. However, some of the most pervasive sex trafficking networks exist in the hospitality and entertainment industries. Individuals and organizations may operate trafficking rings in hotels, motels, resorts, cruise ships, night clubs, and spas. Offenders may also use websites and social media platforms to exploit sex trafficking survivors.
Who Is Liable for Sex Trafficking?
Most sex trafficking offenders operate in secret and thrive on anonymity. As a result, criminal cases can be challenging to pursue. However, sex trafficking law firms can file civil cases against many of the people and organizations involved. For example, attorneys may be able to hold these parties liable:
- Handlers or managers
- Websites that published advertisements for sex trafficking networks
- Hotels, clubs, and other locations where transactions occurred
What Kind of Compensation Is Available for Sex Trafficking Cases?
Survivors of sex trafficking could be eligible for financial compensation. Depending on your circumstances, you could recover compensation for the personal damages you suffered, including medical expenses and costs related to emotional trauma. You may also be able to recover damages from any business or website that profited from these crimes.
In addition, pursuing a sex trafficking lawsuit can assist in protecting others from experiencing the same abuse and trauma. Filing a case allows you to hold liable parties responsible and make it difficult for traffickers to continue to exploit others.
When Should I File a Sex Trafficking Case?
If you are a sex trafficking survivor, don't wait. Take action as soon as possible. Even if you aren't sure about the details of your case, talk with a legal expert to learn about your rights.
Each state has a statute of limitations, or a deadline for filing a civil sex trafficking suit. That means you have to take action before the deadline passes to ensure that you can fully exercise your legal rights.
Meet Our Sexual Abuse Division Leaders
The team includes, among others:
- Richard M. Serbin, who the media has described as a “crusader” for survivors of sexual abuse
- Andrew S. Janet, who has represented hundreds of sexual abuse survivors, including women who were sexually exploited by an OBGYN at USC’s university health center
- Brenda A. Harkavy, a known leader in prosecuting rapists and other sexual predators, represents clients throughout the country in cases against institutions that enable sexual abuse in religious, educational, and institutional settings
- Patrick Thronson, who has represented survivors of clergy sexual abuse and human trafficking, as well as hundreds of women who were sexually abused by an “OBGYN” who obtained a medical license under false pretenses
- Matthew White, who advocates for victims that suffered through sexual abuse as children at the hands of religious organizations and in other institutional settings
- Howard A. Janet, a compassionate advocate for sexual abuse survivors who has won record-breaking recoveries in a wide range of high-profile cases
- Adina Katz, who has represented children in a wide range of abuse and neglect cases
Choose Us to Fight for You and Your Loved Ones
For over 40 years, Janet, Janet & Suggs has fought tirelessly to defend the rights of families in their time of need. Backed by decades of combined medical and legal experience, our team is known for taking on the most complex and sensitive cases, from medical malpractice to birth injury to sexual abuse.
Our nationally recognized firm has a track record of tirelessly pursuing some of the country's largest and most prestigious organizations—and winning. We've recovered verdicts and settlements of all sizes, recovering billions for clients across a wide range of complex and sensitive cases.
In addition to aggressive litigation, JJS has earned a reputation for compassionate representation of individuals and families during difficult times. Our national recognition for record-breaking wins and ethical counsel is proof that we've helped change our clients' lives for the better when they need it most.
Locations We Serve
Our legal team is based in key locations across the nation, allowing us to help as many people as possible. Our sex trafficking attorneys are licensed to practice in almost a dozen states from the Midwest to the East Coast, including Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
We know that sex trafficking, unfortunately, takes place in every state. If you live in another state, we may still be able to assist with your case. Our lawyers have obtained court approval to pursue cases in many other states.
Why Choose Janet, Janet & Suggs for Your Sex Trafficking Case
When it comes to traumatic legal issues like sex trafficking, it's essential to partner with a firm that has a history of pursuing complex legal cases and obtaining favorable results for clients.
The legal team at Janet, Janet & Suggs has decades of experience with revealing the truth about these challenging cases and acquiring more than $3 billion in settlements and verdicts for our clients. Because we treat all our clients with the utmost compassion, you can rest assured that our team also approaches every case with empathy.
If you or a family member has been affected by sex trafficking, we can help. Contact Janet, Janet & Suggs for a no-obligation legal consultation today.