Fighting for Your Protection: Sexual Abuse Lawyers You Can Count On
- 40 Years of Experience
- Over $3 Billion Won for Our Clients
- Thousands of Lives Changed
Sexual abuse or assault of any kind is unacceptable, and it is devastating for survivors and their loved ones. Often, abusers are protected and sheltered by the churches, organizations, universities, medical centers and large corporations that employed them, leaving victims feeling alone and unsupported by the very institutions that were supposed to protect them. In recent years, more and more institutions are being held accountable for practices that protected abusers instead of victims.
At Janet, Janet & Suggs, our team of dedicated attorneys have worked for decades to seek justice for victims against large corporate entities and abusers. Our skilled team of sexual abuse lawyers is here to offer you trusted support while we fight for your rights and protection.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation!
All submissions are 100% confidential.
What to Know About Sexual Abuse Cases
Whether it occurs at the hands of a clergy member, caregiver, physician, teacher, coach, therapist or group leader, one thing remains true — sexual abuse is a devastating experience that changes the lives of its survivors. The legal definition varies by type and state, but it’s generally understood that sexual abuse involves unwanted sexual contact including one or more of the following:
- Unwanted sexual touching of an adult or child
- Taking inappropriate photos of a child
- Showing children or employees explicit images or exposing children to sexually charged language
- Requesting a minor send or take pictures of themselves in an inappropriate manner
- Revealing oneself to a child
- Sexual harassment
The emotional and and psychological consequences of sexual abuse can last for years — or even a lifetime. Survivors often suffer from destructive behaviors and psychological distress. Many survivors of sexual abuse describe ongoing feelings of guilt and shame, even long after the abuse has ended. The lingering trauma associated with sexual abuse makes many survivors vulnerable to a variety of mental health conditions, including:
- Depression and anxiety
- Low self-esteem
- Severe behavioral changes
- Personality disruptions
- Poor performance in school
- Attachment issues
- Eating disorders
- Sleep disturbances
- Inability to maintain jobs
- Uncontrollable anger
How a Sexual Abuse Attorney Can Help with Your Case
Sexual abuse is life altering and causes emotional and psychological trauma. Sexual abuse can result in costly medical bills, mental health conditions and the inability to work. If you have been the victim of sexual abuse, the compensation you may be entitled to includes:
- Past and future medical expenses. Any medical costs you’ve accumulated as a result of your experience are eligible for recovery. Should you require ongoing expenses in the future, those may be compensable as well.
- Past and future loss of income. The psychological trauma of sexual abuse makes it impossible for many survivors to quickly return to normal life, especially when it comes to job performance. You are entitled to be compensated for the resulting loss of income.
- Loss of consortium. If you’re married, your spouse may be eligible to file suit for a loss of consortium, which covers their loss of affection and companionship as a result of your experience.
Locations We Serve
As a nationally recognized law firm, the JJS team is proud to fight for the rights and protection of sexual abuse survivors and their families all over the country, including in Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia and Washington, DC.
Why Choose Janet, Janet & Suggs to Help with Your Sexual Abuse Case?
You are not alone. Here at JJS, we’ve spent decades fighting for sexual abuse survivors and their families. Our sexual abuse lawyers are here to offer compassionate support and aggressive representation to build an iron-clad case on your behalf.
JJS is widely recognized as one of the nation’s premier law firms that focuses on survivors of sexual abuse related to clergy, OBGYNs, universities and colleges, religious institutions and other entities. We’re dedicated to fighting tirelessly for the rights and protection of our clients — and our multimillion dollar settlements are proof. Whether you’re in need of a child sexual abuse lawyer or clergy sexual abuse attorney, our team is here to support you with the compassion and privacy you and your family deserve.
Contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your case. We’ll help you decide the next steps in your case so that you and your family can focus on healing.