Were You Abused by Peter Nygard?
You Are Not Alone.
We have won hundreds of millions for sexual abuse survivors in high profile cases.
The JJS Sexual Abuse Division has successfully represented abuse survivors in high profile sexual abuse cases against such institutions as Penn State University, Johns Hopkins Hospital, and the Catholic Church. We currently represent survivors against the University of Southern California (USC) and the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) for abuse that spanned decades. Our team, including two tenacious women who served as sexual abuse prosecutors, is known for our compassionate and effective approach in representing abuse survivors with dignity.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation.
Women have begun coming forward with their stories of rape and sexual abuse by fashion executive Peter Nygard, who allegedly used his power and influence in the industry to procure and abuse young girls. According to survivors, Nygard often used force, fraud, alcohol, and drugs during these assaults.
If you believe that you may have been abused by Peter Nygard, please contact us for a free, no-obligation consultation. We would welcome the opportunity to deliver the justice you deserve.
"I did nothing wrong but go to a doctor and think he was doing the best for me.”
– Sexual abuse survivor of Johns Hopkins OBGYN Dr. Nikita Levy
Experience and Results Matter
- Janet, Janet & Suggs has been helping clients in need for 40 years.
- We have successfully represented thousands of sexual abuse survivors against abusers and those who protected them.
- JJS has recovered over $3 billion in compensation to help make our clients’ lives better.
- We have gone head-to-head against the Catholic Church, major universities, hospitals, doctors, foster care providers, the Boy Scouts of America and others.
Meet Our Sexual Abuse Division Leaders
The team includes, among others:
- Richard M. Serbin, who the media has described as a “crusader” for survivors of sexual abuse
- Andrew S. Janet, who has represented hundreds of sexual abuse survivors, including women who were sexually exploited by an OBGYN at USC’s university health center
- Brenda A. Harkavy, a known leader in prosecuting rapists and other sexual predators, represents clients throughout the country in cases against institutions that enable sexual abuse in religious, educational, and institutional settings
- Patrick Thronson, who has represented survivors of clergy sexual abuse and human trafficking, as well as hundreds of women who were sexually abused by an “OBGYN” who obtained a medical license under false pretenses
- Matthew White, who advocates for victims that suffered through sexual abuse as children at the hands of religious organizations and in other institutional settings
- Howard A. Janet, a compassionate advocate for sexual abuse survivors who has won record-breaking recoveries in a wide range of high-profile cases
- Adina Katz, who has represented children in a wide range of abuse and neglect cases
Class Action or Individual Lawsuit?
Whether a class action or individual lawsuit is best for a client depends on the circumstances of each case, especially the severity of the abuse and the profile of the defendant.
While we have successfully pursued class settlements, we have found individual actions produce the best results for many survivors. For example, over 160 of the women we represent against USC chose to opt out of a class settlement, which would have placed a ceiling on recovery of $250,000. We valued their cases at a much higher amount. Our team of experienced sexual abuse attorneys can advise you of your options so that you can make an informed decision.
Respectful, Compassionate and Determined
We pride ourselves on treating survivors and all of our clients with respect and compassion. We leave no stone unturned in our effort to maximize our clients’ compensation and help them move forward.
"He grabbed me from behind in a bear hug and lifted me up to the shower head. I don't even remember being put down. Everything else is blocked out."
- Sexual abuse survivor of Penn State Coach, Jerry Sandusky
We are National and Local
We maintain offices in numerous states and Washington, DC. We have successfully represented clients in over 40 states and in the District of Columbia.