We Are Baltimore, MD, Personal Injury Attorneys
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- More Than $3 Billion Won for Our Clients
- Thousands of Lives Changed
When you’ve been the victim of an injury or have suffered from the negligence of another, your choice of legal representation matters. You need a trusted law firm that has earned the respect of the legal community with a proven history of success.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation!
Throughout our 40 years of experience fighting for victims, Janet, Janet & Suggs has recovered over $3 billion for our clients, been awarded national accolades for excellence and earned a reputation for compassionate, ethical counsel. We’re known for our track record of delivering historic justice—even in complex cases where other leading firms have failed.
When you partner with us, you’ll have an advocate by your side every step of the legal process. We represent clients in the toughest cases with dignity and compassion, including:
The emotional and physical repercussions of a birth injury can last a lifetime for both the child and family—and so can the financial hardship. Our attorneys have helped thousands of families receive the financial compensation necessary to improve their child’s quality of life and ensure their future is taken care of.
JJS has an impressive resume of successful cerebral palsy verdicts and settlements, including a $24 million verdict for a child in the Baltimore-Washington metropolitan area who suffered cerebral palsy from an untreated airway obstruction. Let our team of accomplished experts guide you through this difficult process.
As devoted defenders of sexual abuse survivors, our legal team will serve as a trusted confidant during this difficult time, while navigating the legal process on behalf of you or your loved one.
JJS has a long history of advocating for survivors of institutional abuse. Our Sexual Abuse Division is led by distinguished attorneys — “crusaders” for the rights of those abused by clergy members. JJS lawyers were some of the first to challenge the patterns of abuse and cover-ups in the church, and we continue to stand by our commitment to helping survivors obtain justice for these crimes.
As the founding and managing partner of JJS, Howard Janet has led his firm to national recognition, recovering millions in medical malpractice verdicts and settlements. Our skilled team has helped change Maryland law to protect medical malpractice victims and hold medical providers accountable for fraud and other malfeasance. We fight tirelessly for victims injured due to medical malpractice.
Bringing a claim against a large federal agency like a branch of the armed services can be daunting, but our lawyers are ready to stand up to the challenge. If you or your child has been injured due to negligent military medical providers, you deserve to be compensated for your pain, suffering and expenses. We can help you with the fight.
Notable Settlements and Verdicts for Baltimore-Area Medical Malpractice and Sexual Abuse Victims
Our nationally recognized trial lawyers have helped thousands of survivors of sexual abuse and victims of medical malpractice. Not only have we recovered millions for these clients, but we’ve also worked to provide these clients with much-needed resources and support as they navigate extremely difficult circumstances. More specifically, we’ve been able to successfully litigate the following cases for residents in the Baltimore-area:
- Johns Hopkins Sexual Abuse Case. JJS secured a $190 million class-action settlement against Dr. Nikita Levy of Johns Hopkins Hospital—one of the largest sexual abuse settlements in US history.
- Cerebral Palsy Failure to Diagnose Case. Our team obtained a $24 million verdict for a District of Columbia family whose child suffered cerebral palsy after a doctor failed to diagnose an airway obstruction. This case remains one of the largest medical malpractice jury verdicts in the DC area.
Resources for Maryland Victims and Survivors
Our team strives to provide support for those harmed by medical malpractice and sexual abuse, regardless of whether they decide to move forward with a case or engage our services. We recommend that along with consulting with an attorney, victims and survivors consider reaching out to the following support groups and programs.
- Baltimore Child Abuse Center: The Child Abuse Center helps minors and parents report incidents of sexual abuse, initiate a forensic investigation, and obtain medical and mental health treatment.
- Maryland Coalition Against Sexual Assault: MCASA has numerous resources for survivors of sexual abuse, including forensic exams, reporting, counseling and helplines.
- Maryland Board of Physicians: The Board of Physicians provides a system of reporting malpractice, unethical behavior and other abuses by medical providers.
Schedule Your Free Consultation Today
We care about our clients and their cases. For four decades, injured victims in the Baltimore area have trusted JJS to protect their rights. If you or a loved one suffered from medical malpractice, birth injury, sexual abuse or other injury, we’re here to help you get the justice you deserve and seek the compensation you need.
Contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your case. We’ll help you decide the next steps in your case so that you can focus on healing.
4 Reservoir Circle,
Baltimore, MD 21208