We Are Alexandria, VA, Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- More Than $3 Billion Secured for Our Clients
- Thousands of Lives Changed
When you have been the victim of medical malpractice in St. Paul, you need a law firm that will not only maximize your recovery under the law but support and advocate for you along the way. The medical malpractice legal team at Janet, Janet & Suggs (JJS) know that being injured by a doctor or other medical provder’s negligence is difficult enough without facing an uphill battle for justice. Victims deserve to be represented with dignity and respect.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation!
What Should You Look for in a St. Paul Medical Malpractice Attorney?
When you hire JJS to represent you in your lawsuit, you get decades of successfully delivered, historic justice for people who have suffered tremendously. But malpractice cases are not easy, and they are not usually resolved quickly. Insurance companies and healthcare facilities will often try to drag out cases to wear down patients, which can make malpractice lawsuits tough on victims.
When selecting a law firm to represent your case, you want to be confident that you will receive long-term support from your lawyer from day one. JJS does not wait until we arrive at the settlement table or the courtroom to begin representing our clients to the fullest extent of available resources. Working with JJS means you can count on representation driven by knowledge and experience, so we can build a case that takes into account all necessary factors.
- What the evidence says. In building your case, we will thoroughly investigate the facts. We have the medical knowledge and resources needed to pursue the truth. With our support, you will have the chance to get not only financial recovery for the harm done to you but also answers that can help you heal.
- What your treatment costs. Lawyers who represent medical malpractice clients must be able to grasp the scope of patients’ current and future needs fully when it comes to their medical care and treatments. When preparing a case that seeks to recover the appropriate amount in compensation, we bring in all possible resources, including our in-house medical experts, to help us calculate the maximum recovery for your case.
- What it takes to fight all the way. Taking on a case against big insurance companies or healthcare organizations can be stressful for victims for many reasons, and it can be expensive. The law firm you choose will need to have the financial resources to build the strongest case possible, which can be a long process. An inexperienced, underfunded firm may have to push clients to take low settlements early in the legal process, and they may not be prepared to take your case to trial if a fair settlement cannot be reached.
How Can Janet, Janet & Suggs Help Victims of Medical Malpractice?
When seeking recovery for St. Paul medical malpractice victims, JJS helps clients fight to recover financial compensation for the legal damages inflicted upon them.
- Medical expenses. You should not have to be responsible for medical bills that resulted from your medical provider’s negligence. Those bills may include emergency room visits, inpatient treatment, surgeries, or even a lifetime of medical care. Malpractice claims can also seek damages for your future medical expenses.
- Loss of wages or earning capacity. The injuries inflicted by malpractice can impact your ability to do your job, sometimes permanently. When an injury impacts your ability to earn a living, you can seek financial compensation for your lost wages. In some cases, compensation for wages you are now prevented from earning in the future as a result of your medical provider’s negligence may be available.
- Non-economic losses. Minnesota law grants victims of malpractice the right to seek compensation for non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering and diminished quality of life. Experienced malpractice attorneys know how to best calculate the amount of compensation to seek.
Meet the Janet, Janet & Suggs’ Medical Malpractice Team
Howard Janet has uncovered medical mistakes that other lawyers have missed and represented clients throughout much of the country, recovering record-breaking results. He has authored multiple books, including Navigating a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit, Representing Plaintiffs in Medical Malpractice Cases as lead author and Patients’ Rights and Doctors’ Wrongs—Secrets to a Safer Pregnancy and Childbirth, which he co-authored with Dr. Giles Manley.
Ken Suggs served as president of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (now known as the American Association of Justice), the leading national plaintiff’s bar association, and has been a relentless advocate for his clients for over 40 years.
Dr. Giles Manley is a board-certified physician who practiced medicine for 20 years before becoming a medical malpractice attorney. He has won a number of seven-figure verdicts on behalf of his clients, combining his medical knowledge and legal experience to secure monumental victories for his clients.
Gerald Jowers represents patients who have been harmed by medical malpractice, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices, recovering extraordinary results for clients and their families at the settlement table and in the courtroom.
What Results Has JJS Achieved for Our Clients?
JJS’s nationally recognized trial lawyers have successfully recovered millions for victims of medical malpractice in record-breaking lawsuits across the country.
- $33.5 Million for Delayed C-Section: A Tennessee jury awarded this record-breaking verdict after determining that the doctors’ decision to delay a medically necessary Cesarean section resulted in severe brain damage as well as the baby developing cerebral palsy.
- $24.25 Million for Failure to Diagnose: Another record-breaking medical malpractice jury verdict from the District of Columbia was awarded for a child who suffered preventable brain damage and cerebral palsy because her doctors neglected to diagnose and respond to her airway obstruction.
- $18 Million for Medication Error: This settlement was obtained against a pharmacy that dispensed incorrect medication to a pregnant mother. Their negligence resulted in her child developing a neural tube defect, which resulted in paraplegia and other severe injuries.
- $13 Million for Poor Postoperative Care: This settlement against a US government-employed healthcare provider was for poor postoperative care, resulting in cerebral palsy and brain damage.
During the preparation of your case, your attorney will investigate the circumstances of your injury and its consequences to determine which damages to include in the suit and the amount of compensation to seek.
- Past and future medical costs
- Costs of additional care
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of quality of life
- Lost wage-earning capacity
In Minnesota, the statute of limitations for a medical malpractice suit is very strict, in most cases requiring that plaintiffs file their lawsuit within four years of the date of injury or negligent act. Not only should you speak with an attorney as soon as you suspect something is wrong, but the more time that passes, the harder it might be to win your case, even if you are within the statute of limitations. Acting swiftly can help you to protect your rights and will give your lawyer a better chance to help you win your case.
Local Resources for Victims of Medical Malpractice in St. Paul, MN
The harms that are inflicted on victims of medical malpractice are not just physical. Severe injuries that result from negligence often require ongoing care and community assistance in many areas, especially while you await the resolution of your case.
Locations We Serve
Janet, Janet & Suggs is proud to offer representation for families across the country, including St. Paul and elsewhere in Minnesota, Maryland, Illinois, Iowa, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia, and Washington, DC. We also represent clients on a case-by-case basis in courtrooms across other states.
At JJS, we apply the same level of compassionate, dedicated care that governs our medical malpractice work to advocate for those who have suffered injury in a variety of practice areas.
- Birth injuries
- Brain injuries
- Cancer misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis
- Cerebral palsy
- Defective medical products
- Defective products
- Military medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence
- Organ damage
- Sexual abuse
- Surgical errors
- Wrongful death
Why Choose Janet, Janet & Suggs for Your St. Paul, MN, Malpractice Case?
The nationally recognized medical malpractice lawyers at JJS know that medical malpractice cases are about more than just winning another case. JJS has the knowledge and resources to litigate your case aggressively to get you answers and fair compensation for the harm done to you. This may be through a toughly negotiated settlement or favorable jury verdict.
Our track record of record-breaking verdicts and settlements is just one indication of JJS’s success in fighting for our clients’ recovery. We do not charge any upfront costs to represent our clients, and you will not pay us anything unless we get financial compensation for you. Contact the medical malpractice team at Janet Janet & Suggs today for a free, no-obligation consultation.
445 Minnesota Street
St. Paul, MN 55101