We Are Altoona, PA, Personal Injury Attorneys
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- More Than $3 Billion Won for Our Clients
- Thousands of Lives Changed
After an injury, sexual abuse, or medical malpractice, it's important to take the next step toward recovery by focusing on yourself and your loved ones. While you work on healing, let our experienced attorneys at Janet, Janet & Suggs handle the legal process.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation.
Our attorneys care about your case and will fight for your legal rights. Through the years, we've represented families with sincere compassion, empathy and understanding. We have fought for justice for victims in a variety of tough and sensitive cases, including the following:
When an injury occurs during labor and delivery, it can have a profound effect and long-term consequences on the child and their family. Birth injuries can potentially lead to large medical bills, substantial lifestyle changes, and a great deal of emotional turmoil. Our attorneys have over 40 years of experience assisting individuals with birth-injury-related cases. Not only will our team determine if the injury was preventable, but we'll help you seek the compensation you need to care for your child.
At Janet, Janet & Suggs, we understand the heartbreak that comes from a cerebral palsy diagnosis. While this type of brain injury can occur naturally during birth, there's also a chance it was due to medical negligence. If you believe your child's diagnosis stemmed from medical malpractice, our team can help you understand your legal options and any compensation you may be entitled to.
Our team of attorneys at Janet, Janet & Suggs have spent years helping sexual assault and abuse survivors in their fight for justice. We understand that reporting these sensitive issues can be scary, but you don't need to do it alone. Trust us with your case as we advocate for your rights, compensation, and overall protection.
We also offer legal assistance when it comes to sexual abuse cases against religious organizations. We largely file suit and work against entities that shelter, support or negligently keep sexual predators. Through the years, our team of sexual abuse attorneys have had much success against entities that harbor sexual predators, including cases involving Catholic priests and other clergy members. Let Janet, Janet & Suggs provide you with the legal help you need when it comes to these sensitive cases.
If you or a family member has been injured because of medical malpractice or negligence, trust us to fight for justice and compensation on your behalf. We have plenty of experience seeking compensation for medical malpractice matters and we're here to help you with yours.
Bringing a claim against a large federal agency like a branch of the armed services can be daunting, but our lawyers are ready to stand up to the challenge. If you or your child has been injured due to negligent military medical providers, you deserve to be compensated for your pain, suffering and expenses. We can help you with the fight.
Notable Victories for Altoona-Area Medical Malpractice and Sexual Abuse Victims
Our legal services extend to victims in the Altoona area and across the state of Pennsylvania. We're proud to provide assistance for individuals harmed by medical providers and religious organizations. Here are some of our successful cases within Pennsylvania:
- Clergy Sexual Abuse. Our team of attorneys secured a $1.88 million verdict in Pennsylvania's first and only successful litigation against a Catholic bishop, diocese, and child predator. This case also resulted in new case law regarding sexual abuse.
- Sexual Abuse. We secured a confidential seven-figure settlement after Penn State University failed to take action to prevent football coach and serial molester Jerry Sandusky from sexually abusing children.
Resources for Pennsylvania Victims and Survivors
Each of our Janet, Janet & Suggs attorneys aims to provide support and legal guidance to those in need. As a victim of sexual abuse or medical malpractice, it's important to seek guidance and look to various resources for further help. Here are some organizations and programs that can provide you with the information or help you may need:
- Family Services, Inc: Family Services offers trauma-informed services for victims and secondary victims of sexual assault and abuse.
- State of Pennsylvania Department of Health: File a complaint or concern online to begin an investigation into a medical provider's potential medical malpractice.
- Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN): RAINN operates the National Sexual Assault Hotline that works with over 1,000 local sexual assault service providers nationwide. They also have programs to prevent sexual violence and offer assistance to survivors.
- Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape (PCAR): PCAR has a toll-free hotline for sexual assault victims in need of immediate assistance.
Consult With a Pennsylvania Medical Malpractice and Sexual Abuse Attorney Today
Our years of experience have provided us with the knowledge and expertise to assist you with your legal needs. You can trust us with your concerns and rest assured you're receiving strong and compassionate legal representation. We are dedicated to protecting victims' rights, and you’ll pay nothing for our services until we are successful in your case. If you'd like a free consultation, contact us today to start discussing your case.
1522 N. 6th Avenue
Altoona, PA 16601