Orthopedic Malpractice Attorneys
There is a high risk of serious injury during orthopedic surgeries because these procedures are lengthy and invasive. If surgeons fail to exercise great care and cause injuries, they can be held liable and victims may be entitled compensation.
If you were a victim of orthopedic malpractice, contact our orthopedic malpractice attorneys to discuss your claim and review your legal options. As a nationally recognized firm, we take cases from many states and charge no fees for our services unless we are able to obtain fair compensation or a favorable jury verdict.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation!
All submissions are 100% confidential.
Types of Orthopedic Malpractice
Orthopedic malpractice often occurs during surgery, but it can also occur before and after surgery. Common examples of orthopedic malpractice include:
- Poor analysis and interpretation of CT scans, MRIs or X-rays
- Setting a broken bone incorrectly
- Failing to recognize infections or improper healing after surgery
- Leaving sponges or gloves in patients’ bodies
- Placing new joints or other orthopedic devices in the wrong position
- Delaying or failing to diagnose a health problem, resulting in harm to the patient
- Performing surgery on the wrong body part
- Wrapping a cast too tightly, causing decreased blood flow to the area that was operated on
These actions can prevent patients’ injuries from improving and can cause further injury, including infections, blood clots, nerve damage, spinal cord injuries and other problems with joints, ligaments or tendons.
Fortunately, the law allows victims of malpractice to pursue legal action to obtain compensation to help them manage the effects of their injuries.
Our medical malpractice attorneys know how to build a solid case to help you obtain the compensation you deserve. We have secured several multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts for victims of medical negligence and are committed to doing the same for you.
Building a Strong Malpractice Case
When building your case, our orthopedic malpractice attorneys must establish the four elements of a medical malpractice claim:
- A medical professional owed you a duty of care to provide the same level of care another medical professional would have provided in a similar situation. In other words, treatment must fall within accepted standards in the medical community.
- Duty of care was breached through the action or inaction of a medical professional.
- The breach of duty of care resulted in you suffering injuries.
- Your injuries resulted in damages, including physical, emotional or financial damages.
Once our orthopedic malpractice attorneys establish the four elements of medical malpractice, we will conduct a thorough investigation of your claim to compile evidence. We will:
- Review all of the appropriate medical documentation
- Talk to witnesses
- Review records of the surgeons and medical professionals who treated you to find past instances of malpractice
- Consult medical experts if necessary.
At some point during our investigation, lawyers for the hospital or medical professionals may reach out to settle your claim. However, our attorneys will not accept any settlements that do not provide all of the compensation you are entitled. Our firm has the resources and experience to take your claim to trial to obtain a fair resolution.
Schedule a Free Consultation with Our Orthopedic Malpractice Attorneys
When orthopedic surgeons fail to perform within accepted medical standards, they can cause severe injuries that leave patients in more pain than before.
At Janet, Janet & Suggs, LLC, our orthopedic malpractice attorneys are committed to holding surgeons liable when they act negligently and cause patients to suffer.
We want you to have all of the compensation you deserve so you have the best chance to recover from your injuries, if a recovery is possible. Compensation for orthopedic malpractice could include:
- Past, current and future medical bills
- Physical therapy
- Physical pain
- Emotional suffering
- Lost wages