Fred James possesses over twenty-eight years of experience in State and Federal trial courts. During his career as a personal injury trial lawyer, Fred has handled a wide and diverse range of cases, including the representation of individuals who have been injured due to medical malpractice.
Fred has tried over 50 cases to verdict. In addition to his jury trial experience, Fred has argued cases’ to both the Iowa Court of Appeals and the Iowa Supreme Court as well as before the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals. Fred has also resolved numerous matters for his personal injury clients through mediation and settlement.
In addition to helping clients win cases, he enjoys reading, traveling with Rose and spending time in his kitchen cooking for his family.
- Coe College
- University of Iowa (B.A. 1983)
- Drake University College of Law (Juris Doctor 1987)
- Fellow – American College of Trial Lawyers
- Fellow – Iowa Academy of Trial Lawyers
- American Board of Trial Advocates – Secretary / Treasurer, National Board Representative, Iowa Chapter
- Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- C. Edwin Moore Inn of Court – Master of the Bench and Past President (2010-2011)
- Iowa Association of Justice f/k/a Iowa Trial Lawyers Association, Past President (2002-2003)
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Polk County Bar Association
Fred is admitted to practice before all Iowa, State and Federal Courts.