- Maryland Super Lawyers® Rising Star 2019
- Published in Maryland Association for Justice Trial Reporter
- Magna Cum Laude and Order of the Coif, University of Maryland School of Law
- Staff Editor, University of Maryland School of Law Journal of Business and Technology Law
- Intern, Maryland Attorney General’s Office in the Civil Litigation Division
- Judicial intern, Judge Robert McDonald of the Maryland Court of Appeals
Adam Janet is a partner in Janet, Janet & Suggs, LLC. He represents clients who have been injured by the negligence of others in individual, mass tort, and class action litigation. His representation includes litigating cases at the trial court level and representing clients in any appeals that become necessary. Mr. Janet recently argued two cases before the Court of Appeals, Maryland’s highest appellate court, one of which created new law that holds adults liable for furnishing alcohol to underage drivers who subsequently cause harm from drinking and driving. His work in the mass torts arena includes cases involving injuries from defective hernia mesh, and GranuFlo, a substance administered to many dialysis patients that experts have linked to cardiac arrests. He was also a member of the team that fought to uphold the court-approved $190 million class action settlement on behalf of more than 8,000 OBGYN patients in Jane Doe, et al. v. The Johns Hopkins Hospital. Maryland Super Lawyers, among the nation’s most respected attorney peer review rating organizations, has recognized Adam as a Rising Star.
Mr. Janet joined the firm immediately after graduating from the University of Maryland School of Law, where he ranked in the top 10% of his class, earning Magna Cum Laude and Order of the Coif honors. Mr. Janet won high honors in the school’s 2012 Fall Moot Court Competition for the appellate brief he wrote, and served as a member of the Moot Court Team. Mr. Janet also held the position of Staff Editor of the school’s Journal of Business and Technology Law.
During law school, Mr. Janet interned at the Maryland Attorney General’s Office in the Civil Litigation Division and served as a judicial intern for Judge Robert McDonald of the Maryland Court of Appeals.
Prior to entering law school, Mr. Janet attended Northwestern University, where he majored in Religious Studies and graduated with departmental honors. He is also an honors graduate of the Gilman School in Baltimore.
Mr. Janet is licensed to practice law in Maryland, Minnesota, and Washington D.C.
- University of Maryland School of Law, J.D., (magna cum laude, Order of the Coif), 2014
- Northwestern University, B.A. in Religious Studies, 2011 (departmental honors)