- Magna Cum Laude and Order of the Coif, University of Maryland
- Staff Editor, University of Maryland Journal of Business and Technology Law
- Intern, Maryland Attorney General’s Office in the Civil Litigation Division
- Judicial intern, Judge Robert McDonald of the Maryland Court of Appeals
Adam Janet is an associate attorney in Janet, Jenner & Suggs, LLC’s mass tort department, who also represents clients in individual personal injury litigation. Mr. Janet recently successfully argued a case at the Court of Appeals, Maryland’s highest state court, creating new law to hold adults liable for furnishing alcohol to underage drivers who subsequently cause harm from drinking and driving. Mr. Janet worked on multi-district litigation involving GranuFlo, a substance administered to many dialysis patients that experts linked to cardiac arrests. He was also a member of the team that fought to uphold the court-approved $190 million class action settlement on behalf of more than 9,000 OB-GYN patients in Jane Doe, et al V. Johns Hopkins Hospital.
Mr. Janet joined the firm immediately after graduating from the University of Maryland School of Law, where he ranked in the top 10% of his class, earning Magna Cum Laude and Order of the Coif honors. He won an award for writing the second best brief in the school’s 2012 Fall Moot Court Competition and served as a member of the Moot Court Team. Mr. Janet also held the position of Staff Editor of the school’s Journal of Business and Technology Law.
During law school, Mr. Janet interned at the Maryland Attorney General’s Office in the Civil Litigation Division and served as a judicial intern for Judge Robert McDonald of the Maryland Court of Appeals.
Prior to entering law school, Mr. Janet attended Northwestern University, where he majored in Religious Studies and graduated with departmental honors. He is also an honors graduate of the Gilman School in Baltimore.
Mr. Janet is licensed to practice law in Maryland, Minnesota, and Washington D.C.
- University of Maryland School of Law, J.D., (magna cum laude, Order of the Coif), 2014
- Northwestern University, B.A. in Religious Studies, 2011 (departmental honors)