Were You a Patient Of USC’s Dr. George Tyndall?
It’s Time to Make a Choice
The deadline is fast approaching for you to make an important decision: Should you participate in a pending federal class action lawsuit or pursue your claim as an individual lawsuit in state court?
One federal class action and over 700 individual state lawsuits have been filed against OBGYN Dr. George Tyndall and the University of Southern California (USC) on behalf of women who have alleged they were sexually exploited during exams performed by Dr. Tyndall at USC’s Student Health Center.
Contact Us Now for Your Free Consultation
WHICH OPTION IS BEST FOR YOU?
Whether you should opt into the class action settlement or pursue an individual claim depends on the circumstances of your case. The compensation you are entitled to may significantly exceed the artificial ceilings in the settlement.
- Many victims are deciding that participation in the settlement is not their best option and are opting out of the class action, especially if their experiences with Dr. Tyndall had a significant impact on them.
- The money offered in the settlement for each claim has been criticized as inadequate, compared to the impact this has had on victims’ lives.
- In fact, the settlement is as low as it is because it was negotiated at a time when USC was threatening to dismiss most of the claims via the statute of limitations. USC had the leverage to get a good deal for themselves.
- Now, the statute of limitations is no longer an issue because Governor Newsom has signed a bill (AB1510) that will explicitly permit all state cases against USC and Dr. Tyndall to proceed.
After hearing what our clients experienced and how they have been affected, we have recommended to the vast majority of them to pursue their cases individually. However, there are many for whom we concluded participating in the class settlement would likely serve them better.
It would be wise to consult an experienced lawyer to advise you on your options. We would welcome the opportunity to help you make the right decision.
You owe it to yourself to make an informed decision. The deadline is currently set at November 7, 2019. We urge you to contact us now for a free consultation.
WHY CONSULT JJS AND ASWT?
Janet, Janet & Suggs (JJS), in collaboration with Arias Sanguinetti Wang & Torrijos (ASWT), has been on the front lines of advising and representing hundreds of victims of Dr. Tyndall.
- We have been appointed as co-liaison counsel on behalf of over 700 plaintiffs in the individual cases.
- We played an instrumental role in developing the AB1510 bill, which removed USC’s statute of limitations defense, and shepherding it through the legislative process.
A Track Record of Advocacy
JJS is a national sexual abuse law firm that has delivered justice for thousands of women abused by OBGYNs. One such case resulted in a $190 million record-setting settlement against Johns Hopkins Hospital for misconduct by an OBGYN that in many respects mirrored Dr. Tyndall’s abusive behavior.
What is the Alleged Misconduct by Dr. Tyndall and USC?
Many of the abused USC students did not realize they were victimized sexually because Dr. Tyndall led them to believe he was providing medical care that they needed. He even took explicit photographs of women’s genitalia under the guise of it being medically necessary.
The LA Times, which exposed Dr. Tyndall’s abusive behavior, reported that his “unprofessional and inappropriate behaviors” included:
- Photographing patients' genitals
- Making inappropriate comments or remarks about patients' bodies, sexual activities, ethnicities and religious beliefs
- Requiring patients to submit to nude "full body" exams
- Inappropriately "probing" patients with fingers during exams
- Inappropriately touching or fondling patients' genitals or bodies during exams
- Other behaviors that fall outside the expected standard of care for gynecologists
USC received numerous complaints of Dr. Tyndall’s sexually abusive behavior as early as 1991, but USC administrators failed to take action and allowed him to continue mistreating his patients for almost 30 years.
It has been widely reported that USC took no steps to stop Dr. Tyndall until investigative reporting brought the matter to light. Even then, USC rewarded Dr. Tyndall with a handsome financial severance package.
Contact JJS or ASWT Today
As a patient, you should be able to trust that the doctors and medical professionals providing you with care are trustworthy, trained, and professional individuals who have been thoroughly vetted and are providing appropriate care, not physicians seeking to manipulate and exploit their patients. For too long, it appears USC allowed accusations and reports of inappropriate behavior and unlawful activity to circulate without taking appropriate action to ensure students were protected.
If you believe you were a victim of Dr. Tyndall, please contact the attorneys at Janet, Janet & Suggs, LLC or Arias, Sanguinetti, Wang & Torrijos, LLP today. You don’t pay us anything unless and until we recover compensation on your behalf. Any information you share with us is always confidential, and CA law permits victims of sexual assault or abuse to remain nameless. If you were a patient of Dr. Tyndall, don't suffer in silence. Get the justice you deserve today.
The toll-free numbers for our firms are as follows:
Janet, Janet & Suggs, LLC: 1-877-692-3862
Arias, Sanguinetti, Wang & Torrijos, LLP: 1-855-481-1020
To ensure that victims of Dr. Tyndall are properly represented, JJS is proud to partner with California attorneys at Arias Sanguinetti Wang & Torrijos, LLP.
WE'RE ON THE FRONT LINES IN THE FIGHT AGAINST USC & DR. TYNDALL
USC’s Tentative $215-million Settlement in Tyndall Abuse Cases Likely Just the Beginning of Financial Pain for the University
YOU MAY BE ENTITLED TO COMPENSATION
Join the Fight Against USC
It's Fast, Free and Always Confidential
If you were a patient of USC Gynecologist Dr. George Tyndall, you may be entitled to compensation. Please complete this form to request a free, confidential, no obligation consultation from the legal team of JJS and ASWT. We will protect your right to privacy and, under CA Law, you may remain nameless. There are no fees until we win.