Skilled Slip and Fall Attorneys
Although they may sound harmless, slip and fall accidents can cause serious injuries. If you slipped and fell on another’s property that was not maintained in a safe way, you may have legal options.
As a nationally-recognized personal injury law firm, Janet, Jenner & Suggs has three decades of experience representing injury victims in a variety of accident cases, including slip and fall accidents. We have court approval to take on personal injury cases nationwide. Our experienced team of slip and fall attorneys will conduct a thorough investigation of your case and help you determine if you have grounds to file a personal injury lawsuit. If you do, we will cover the costs of your case, charging no legal fees unless you recover compensation. If you cannot come to our office, you can do a free consultation over the phone to learn more about how we can help you.
Call 1-877-692-3862 today to learn more.
Types of Slip and Fall Accidents
These situations occur in many different indoor and outdoor locations, such as:
- Shopping malls
- Retail stores
- Office buildings
- Apartment complexes
- Public restrooms
- Hotel lobbies
- Sidewalks on public or private property
- Nursing homes
There are a variety of obstacles and dangerous conditions at these locations that can cause you to slip, trip or fall and suffer injuries, including:
- Wet floors
- Sticky substances on the floor
- Uneven or bumpy floors
- Merchandise in store aisles
- Poor lighting
- Uneven sidewalks
- Stairway steps that are different heights
- Power cords
- Damaged carpet
- Bumps in carpet
- Cracks or holes in the sidewalk
- Staircases without railings
- Malfunctioning escalators or elevators
- Open manholes
If your accident was caused by one of these obstacles, the property owner may be liable. This means you could obtain fair compensation for the damages caused by your injuries.
Contact the national slip and fall attorneys at Janet, Jenner & Suggs to review your claim in a free consultation.
Our attorneys have received many accolades for their work. Managing principal Howard A. Janet has been included in The Best Lawyers in America®. Attorneys are included in this publication only after a comprehensive peer-review process.
Complete our Free Case Evaluation form or live chat with a representative.
Severe Injuries from these Accidents
On the surface, a slip or fall might sound like a harmless occurrence. Some people might think victims of these accidents should be able to get right back up, dust themselves off and keep on walking.
However, the unexpected nature of a slip and fall accident gives people less time to react to protect themselves. This can lead to severe, potentially life-altering injuries, such as:
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Injuries to tendons or ligaments
- Neck sprains and strains
- Internal bleeding and other internal injuries
- Brain injuries
- Severe bruising or lacerations
- Dental injuries
- Herniated discs
Our slip and fall attorneys may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit to recover compensation for medical bills and other expenses created by your injuries.
We represent clients from all over the country with court approval. We have offices in Maryland, New York, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, South Carolina and Washington, D.C.
If you cannot come to our office, do no worry, our slip and fall attorneys can come to you for a free legal consultation to find out if you have a case. You can rest assured that we will put your best interests first throughout the legal process.
Fill out a Free Case Evaluation form to schedule your free consultation.
What Do I Do After a Slip and Fall Accident?
It is normal for victims of these incidents to be confused about what to do next. Janet, Jenner & Suggs' slip and fall attorneys understand that there are a lot of things going through your mind. That is why we have narrowed down the process to the following steps:
- Seek treatment immediately - Even if your injuries do not appear to be that serious, you should be examined by a qualified medical professional. Sometimes symptoms of severe injuries do not appear for hours or days. However, if you do not receive treatment right away, your injury could worsen and so could your chances of making a full recovery. Be sure to obtain a copy of the medical report on your injuries and recommended treatments before leaving the hospital or medical facility.
- Gather evidence – Your health and safety is the first priority. However, if you are able, or if someone is with you at the time of the accident, collect evidence from the scene. This could include pictures of the scene, pictures of your injuries and a copy of the accident report filed by the property owner.
- File an accident report – Try to do this as soon as possible after your accident so you do not forget any crucial details.
- Keep a journal – Use this to note days and times you missed work because of your injuries. For example, maybe you had to go to a doctor's appointment, receive physical therapy or undergo a medical procedure or test.
- Contact our slip and fall attorneys – Unfortunately, it can be very difficult to obtain compensation or a favorable jury verdict in these cases. However, the slip and fall attorneys at Janet, Jenner & Suggs will carefully review your claim to find out if you have a legitimate case. If you do, we will thoroughly investigate to build the strongest case possible. Our slip and fall attorneys have extensive knowledge of premises liability laws and we know how to apply that knowledge to your claim.
Live Chat with a representative or call 1-877-692-3862.
Compensation for Slip and Fall Claims
Victims of slip and fall accidents could recover many types of compensation through a personal injury claim, including:
- Medical bills for the treatment of your injuries, which could include prescription medications, copays, surgeries and physical therapy
- Pain and suffering caused by your injuries
- Lost wages if your injuries caused you to miss work
- Physical therapy or rehabilitation that is required to recover from your injury
Janet, Jenner & Suggs' slip and fall attorneys are prepared to fight for every type of compensation you deserve. We want to do our part to help you recover from your injuries and move forward.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form.
Schedule a Free Legal Consultation Right Now
The law firm of Janet, Jenner & Suggs has been nationally recognized by some of the most prestigious peer-review organizations for attorneys.
Multiple partners at our firm have received the AV® Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell. This is the highest peer-review rating an attorney can receive from Martindale-Hubbell. It means an attorney's peers believe he or she has demonstrated a high standard of professional excellence.
Our firm is committed to doing our best to provide exceptional legal representation to our personal injury clients, including those injured in slip and fall accidents. We will always do what is in your best interest and will be tireless advocates for your rights.