Healthcare Associated Infections
You Should Feel Cared For and Safe in a Medical Setting
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- More Than $3 Billion Won for Our Clients
- Thousands of Lives Changed
It is the responsibility of healthcare facilities to create a safe and sanitary environment for their patients. A healthcare-associated infection (HAI), also referred to as a nosocomial infection or hospital-acquired infection, is a harmful, and at times fatal, infection acquired at a hospital or other healthcare facility, including a doctor’s office, clinic, or nursing home, among others.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation!
- Failure to carry out routine pre-screening for MRSA or C.Diff
- Careless or invasive procedures
- Lack of cleanliness in the healthcare environment (including the water system)
- Lack of proper personal hygiene, such as hand washing
- Hospital negligence
- Failure to provide basic pre- and post-surgical care
At Janet, Janet & Suggs, LLC (JJS), we fight for the rights of those injured due to the negligence of healthcare and medical facilities. If you or a loved one has contracted an HAI while in a medical setting, you may have a case. The attorneys and medical experts at JJS can conduct a thorough investigation of your medical records to determine the source of your HAI and who is responsible. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation.
Common Types of Healthcare-Associated Infections
If you or a loved one contracted a severe HAI while in a medical setting, you may be entitled to compensation. Common HAIs, include:
- Bloodstream infections
- Carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae (CRE) and Carbapenem-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae (CRKP)
- Clostridium difficile (C.Diff)
- Necrotizing fasciitis
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Severe surgical site infections (SSI), such as an organ or deep incisional SSI
A healthcare-associated infection can have severe, life-changing consequences including: prolonged hospital stays, increased medical costs, loss of work/loss of wages, amputation, severe disability, and death. Healthcare facilities could include:
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Birth Centers
- Dialysis Centers
- Doctors’ Offices
- Medical Centers
- Nursing Homes and Managed Care Facilities
- Pain Clinics
- Rehabilitation Centers
- Specialists’ Offices
- “Urgent Care” Facilities
You should never have to worry about the medical staff inflicting careless mistakes or the cleanliness of the medical facility. If you acquired an infection in a medical setting, you may have a case and be entitled to compensation. At JJS, our attorneys have secured over $1B of verdicts and settlements for victims, including hundreds of millions for those who have been seriously injured or lost a loved one because of medical malpractice or an HAI. If you suspect your doctor or the medical staff may have been responsible for your HAI, contact the attorneys and medical experts at JJS for a free consultation. Together, we can help you seek the justice and compensation you deserve.
Why Choose Janet, Janet & Suggs, LLC?
- Recovered billions in verdicts and settlements for clients
- In-house team of medical experts
- A nationally-recognized team of attorneys
- A proven track record of uncovering wrongdoing missed by other preeminent firms
- A compassionate team that will fight for your justice