Were You Sexually Abused in New Jersey, Even Decades Ago?
You May Still Be Eligible for Compensation.
New “Window of Opportunity” laws in New Jersey and several other states allow you to get compensation from your abuser, and the organisations that enabled them, no matter your age or how long ago the abuse occurred. The law gives all survivors two years to seek justice, even if they were previously ineligible.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation!
All submissions are 100% confidential.
Don't suffer in the dark; now is the time to move forward with your claim to get the compensation and the retribution you deserve, while the window is open. The original abuser may be dead, but the organization or institution behind them is still responsible.
We've helped hundreds of survivors find justice with compassion and dignity, and we want to help you too.
"The shame, embarrassment, feeling of low self-worth, and scores of "labels" we give ourselves are not fitting. He was a big man, I was a little boy."
- Catholic clergy sex abuse survivor
Expanding the Rights of Sexual Abuse Survivors
Under New Jersey’s new law, the rights of child victims of sex abuse have been expanded to include:
- Beginning December 1, 2019, a two-year "window of opportunity" for VICTIMS OF ANY AGE to file civil claims against their abusers and the institutions that covered up the abuse, no matter how long ago the abuse took place. DON'T MISS THIS WINDOW.
- A right to file civil lawsuits against their abuser and the organization that protected them up to age 55 or 7 years from the discovery of the abuse, whichever is later.
- Extending the civil statute of limitations for adult sexual assault victims to 7 years from the offense or 7 years from the discovery of the abuse, whichever is later.
Richard M. Serbin, a crusader in the fight against sexual abuse, leads the JJS Sexual Abuse Division. His work on behalf of victims has been featured in numerous national outlets, including The Daily Beast, the Philadelphia Inquirer, The Tribune-Democrat, and the Wall Street Journal.
Our team has the experience and resources necessary to untangle the complex web of lies and deceit used by institutions to conceal this wrongdoing and protect the offenders from scrutiny. If you or a loved one has been the victim of sexual abuse, you can rely on JJS.
"At JJS, we are relentless advocates for victims of sexual abuse and sexual assault. We leave no stone unturned to ensure a full measure of justice is served and that those responsible for these heinous acts are held accountable."
- Howard A. Janet, Managing Principal—Janet, Janet & Suggs, LLC