Breast Cancer Malpractice Lawyers Who Fight for Your Rights
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- More Than $3 Billion Won for Our Clients
- Thousands of Lives Changed
Breast cancer is one of the most common cancers in the United States. One in every eight women develop the disease over the course of her life. Unfortunately, the failure to diagnose breast cancer happens all too often. A misdiagnosis can result in devastating consequences such as a worsened condition or even death. If a healthcare provider failed to diagnose your breast cancer in a timely manner or misdiagnosed it entirely, they may be liable for medical malpractice—and you deserve justice.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation.
What to Know About Breast Cancer Malpractice Cases
Many types of cancer can be fully treated if diagnosed and treated early enough. In fact, there are currently more than 3.8 million breast cancer survivors in the United States, including women still being treated and those who have completed treatment. However, many women are misdiagnosed or diagnosed too late when doctors fail to (a) notice lesions, (b) order testing, or (c) provide treatment.
If an OBGYN, general practitioner, radiologist, or other healthcare professional negligently fails to diagnose breast cancer early enough, the cancer can progress into advanced stages, leading to an increased chance of death. Cases involving missed or delayed breast cancer diagnoses can include:
- Failure to recognize a cancerous lesion during a biopsy
- A cancerous lesion incorrectly diagnosed as non-cancerous
- Failure to order proper testing or treatment, including a mammogram, biopsy, or ultrasound
- Failure to adequately screen patients with increased risk
- Delayed treatment
- Failure to perform a breast examination that would have identified a tumor
- Disregarding history of symptoms such as sharp pain in breast
- Failure to follow up with the patient
- Failure to refer the patient for surgical consultation
- Relying upon a negative aspiration biopsy
- Relying upon a mammogram in lieu of physical breast examination
How a Breast Cancer Malpractice Lawyer Can Help With Your Case
If you have previously received a clean bill of health but suddenly received a diagnosis of an advanced breast cancer, your life completely changed in an instant. From the hardship of overwhelming medical expenses, to the physical pain of harsh treatments such as radiation and chemotherapy, to the psychological distress of the diagnosis, cancer can turn your whole life upside down—and your family’s, too.
As you struggle to adjust to this new and unexpected reality and determine why your cancer wasn’t detected sooner, it’s critical to have experienced legal support you can rely on in order to hold the negligent healthcare professionals responsible. A breast cancer malpractice lawyer will help you navigate the complicated process of a medical malpractice claim, negotiating on your behalf so that you can focus on your health and recovery instead. The compensation you may be entitled to includes:
- Past and future medical costs: The cost of your medical expenses as a result of the physician’s negligence will play a big role in the value of your malpractice settlement. Any treatments you’ve already received—even those paid for by health insurance—will factor into the settlement value, as will any future medical costs required to treat the cancer.
- Non-financial damages: The emotional trauma of such an unexpected and life-threatening disease makes it nearly impossible for many patients to carry on as usual. This disrupts the balance and quality of normal life, creating losses that don’t have a quantifiable monetary value. A breast cancer malpractice lawyer will help you recover compensation for factors such as pain and suffering, mental anguish, loss of enjoyment of life, and other emotional damages.
Locations We Serve
At Janet, Janet & Suggs, we treat our clients like family. For over four decades, our attorneys have fought tirelessly to help the victims of breast cancer malpractice during their time of need. We’re proud to offer compassionate representation for breast cancer malpractice victims all over the country, including Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia, and Washington, DC.
Why Choose Janet, Janet & Suggs For Your Breast Cancer Malpractice Case
If you’re suffering with the anguish of a breast cancer diagnosis—and medical malpractice on top of it—you shouldn’t have to endure the added burden of a stressful and complex legal process. At JJS, we’re committed to helping our clients win their cases and get their lives back on track—and our impressive verdicts, settlements and national accolades for competence and ethics are proof.
Who Your Family Brings to the Fight Matters
- Janet, Janet & Suggs (JJS) has been maximizing compensation for clients in need for over 40 years in medical malpractice and other serious cases. We’ve won hard-fought battles in virtually every kind of catastrophic medical malpractice injury case you can imagine.
- JJS has recovered over $3 billion in compensation for our clients from some of the country’s toughest defendants, including the US government.
- JJS lawyers have authored numerous articles, have been the lead or sole author of multiple books about medical malpractice. Our lawyers are frequently called upon by trial lawyer associations to educate other lawyers about how to most effectively represent patients in medical malpractice cases. Books include Representing Plaintiffs in Medical Malpractice Cases and Navigating a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit, both published by Thomson Reuters, as well as Patient’s Rights and Doctor’s Wrongs—Secrets to a Safer Pregnancy and Childbirth.
Our priority is to help you get the compensation you deserve, which is why you pay nothing unless we win your case. Contact us today for a no-obligation meeting to discuss your options, and let us help you on the road to recovery and justice.